Fantasy league

flyhighguys94

HockeyMusic... I'm surprised you're requesting 3 forward lines.

I mean, I'm fine with whatever, but I think that's going to end up pretty ridiculous, with people actually drafting 3rd liners.

This is going to be a 19 round draft, involving 342 players. I've never been in a league where many people want to draft that many players.

Like I said, I'm game for whatever, but I think that's silly to bother including 3rd line players like that.

Sorry I did forget to mention to get rid of the utility spot....

Well I am in a keeper league where we draft full teams and have enough bench spots (6) for a "farm team"

Plus the real skill are in drafting the right role players in pools

Anyone can pick superstars....

I am fine either way, if the consensus is to leave it at 2 lines that's fine too.....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I did forget to mention to get rid of the utility spot....

Well I am in a keeper league where we draft full teams and have enough bench spots (6) for a "farm team"

Plus the real skill are in drafting the right role players in pools

Anyone can pick superstars....

I am fine either way, if the consensus is to leave it at 2 lines that's fine too.....

I agree, i think it will take some skill which is why i wanna leave it at 3 offensive lines. I think by filling in the last center and 2 winger spots with the right combination of points, hits, and pims will be very beneficial.

HockeyMusic... I'm surprised you're requesting 3 forward lines.

I mean, I'm fine with whatever, but I think that's going to end up pretty ridiculous, with people actually drafting 3rd liners.

This is going to be a 19 round draft, involving 342 players. I've never been in a league where many people want to draft that many players.

Like I said, I'm game for whatever, but I think that's silly to bother including 3rd line players like that.

Pretty much what he said. I think it's ridiculous to draft 3rd or 4th liners in fantasy hockey but that's just me. I don't think there is any skill in drafting goons. The real skill is drafting sleepers or guys on the up and expecting that break out season. Oh yeah, with that many players drafted, that pretty much leaves the FA pool weak and it will be nothing but filled with goons so take your pick.

I'd also like to note that I think with 20 teams, goalies should now be reduced to 1. With 20 teams and each team needing to start 2 goalies, that's 40 goalies. There's obviously not enough NHL teams to support this so there's going to be quite a few fantasy teams losing the goalie categories.

I'd also like to see 4 divisions and the top 2 teams from each division make the playoffs for #1 and the other teams fight for consolation.

I'm fine with any settings that we go with in the end but I'm just voicing my concerns on some of the settings.

I appreciate the opinions...i just wanna have the most fun. I think the 1 goalie may be a good option, followed by some sort of backup which can be one of the bench players...thats up to the owner.

And who is the 20th person to sign up?? Just trying to get an idea who everyone is.

I appreciate the opinions...i just wanna have the most fun. I think the 1 goalie may be a good option, followed by some sort of backup which can be one of the bench players...thats up to the owner.

And who is the 20th person to sign up?? Just trying to get an idea who everyone is.

I now have a 10% chance of winning :thumbsup:

Just kidding :blush:

I think we should leave the 2 goalie spots. That's just how many you can play in a night. You're not required to play them.

Either that, or we need to reduce the minimum number of starts (which is at 3 right now), because with only getting to start 1 goalie a night, you'd have to start the right guy every night, or you might never meet the minimum, and then you forfeit all of the categories for goalies for that week.

Ok, so flyhighguys94 and myself will be Co-Commissioners for this season. I've gone ahead and set some things up the way that most leagues I've been in have done it (as far as stats, etc.) Here's the basic run-down... I'd say if anyone wants to change something, let us know, and we'll try to do a league vote or something:

- Trades reviewed by: League Votes (1 day)

- Minimum goalie appearances per week: 2

- 4 divisions (winners get top seeds, 4 other teams make the playoffs as well)

- 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Util, 2 G, 4 BN, 2 IR

- Point values for stats...

Goals: 3

Assists: 2

Plus/minus: 1

PIM: 0.5

PPG: 2

PPP: 1

SHG: 2

GWG: 2.5

SOG: 0.2

FW: 0.3

Hits: 0.3

Blocks: 0.4

Wins: 6

Losses: -2.5

GA: -1

SV: 0.2

Shutouts: 4

Stupid question, but what is the "utility" spot used for? Are they considered active and contributing to points? And to confirm it's 2 goalies, meaning both your goalies are active and can have a 3rd on the bench or however many you want and switch them in later? Another stupid question, is there a time restriction of when you can move someone from the bench into play if say there team is playing that night or as long as its before game time?

Stupid question, but what is the "utility" spot used for? Are they considered active and contributing to points? And to confirm it's 2 goalies, meaning both your goalies are active and can have a 3rd on the bench or however many you want and switch them in later? Another stupid question, is there a time restriction of when you can move someone from the bench into play if say there team is playing that night or as long as its before game time?

No stupid questions!

- Utility spots can be used for any skater. So if you want to play an extra forward or defenseman that night, you put them in the Utility spot. Points count just like any other active player.

- 2 goalies means you can start up to 2 goalies a night. You don't have to, but you can. You can have as many goalies as you want, and rotate them in as you wish, but only 2 can play each night.

- Time restriction, each player slot is locked once his team's game starts. So say I have Crosby, Thornton, and Mike Richards (3 centers). Crosby starts at 7:00 PM, Richards and Thornton play each other at 10:00 PM. Once 7:00 PM hits, I cannot move Crosby from where he is. If he is on my bench, he stays there for the night. If I have him listed as a Center he stays there for the night. So if I have him listed at Center, I could wait until right before 10:00 PM to choose the other Center to play that night.

No stupid questions!

- Utility spots can be used for any skater. So if you want to play an extra forward or defenseman that night, you put them in the Utility spot. Points count just like any other active player.

- 2 goalies means you can start up to 2 goalies a night. You don't have to, but you can. You can have as many goalies as you want, and rotate them in as you wish, but only 2 can play each night.

- Time restriction, each player slot is locked once his team's game starts. So say I have Crosby, Thornton, and Mike Richards (3 centers). Crosby starts at 7:00 PM, Richards and Thornton play each other at 10:00 PM. Once 7:00 PM hits, I cannot move Crosby from where he is. If he is on my bench, he stays there for the night. If I have him listed as a Center he stays there for the night. So if I have him listed at Center, I could wait until right before 10:00 PM to choose the other Center to play that night.

Awesome good to know! So I can definitely see how paying attention to schedules and getting your places put in place between games can give a huge advantage compared to someone who may just shuffle the bench every odd week...I can see this being very time consuming for me (in a good way lol)

Awesome good to know! So I can definitely see how paying attention to schedules and getting your places put in place between games can give a huge advantage compared to someone who may just shuffle the bench every odd week...I can see this being very time consuming for me (in a good way lol)

Yea, you need to set your lineups pretty much daily.

Just to point out, you can't remove a guy at all for the night once his game starts. It's not like you can remove Crosby when his game is over and put in other guys.

Yea, you need to set your lineups pretty much daily.

Just to point out, you can't remove a guy at all for the night once his game starts. It's not like you can remove Crosby when his game is over and put in other guys.

Ahh ok, that makes sense, but yeah there is still a lot of shuffling to make sure you don't have guys "playing" that have no games and guys benched that are playing. I can see how draft strategy can get complicated REAL quick

I originally wanted to join, but then forgot about this thread. Is anyone (TSM?) still interested in a pay rotisserie league? I don't think I have the time for a H to H, and can't really stay committed as I will likely just focus on teh other paid leagues I'm in.

Dan im glad i made you co commissioner...much easier and you know a lot more.

Haha, no problem. I love this kind of stuff. Went to school for Sports Management, and was an intern for the Flyers, so I really enjoy getting lost in the whole fantasy of it all.

And at least my last name can't be turned into things like "Buttman" lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Did I miss this boat?

Ya its 9 eastern time for us lol..this way its not too early for my west coast peeps

Great. I have time to eat dinner and can enjoy my day at the Isles auto party (it was postponed til next week)!

It looks like we still need one team to round out to an even number.