A material question

Adam

So I have this jersey here

DSCN1936.jpg

I believe it's made of airknit, so that would mean an airknit nameplate right? And also I've located some pictures of a gamer that I'm looking to emulate and it appears to have white glacier twill as the top layers on the numbers. Is that correct or are my eyes deceiving me (which happens often)?

Jersey in question

9596lemieuxaltb.jpg

Gamer.jpg

I'm looking to send it out this week with my Roenick 98 USA Olympic for the nameplate replacement, so any help is appreciated.

Glacier twill is the proper top layer for those, I have a few including a Lalime gamer from that year. Having said that the cool thing (for you) is that CCM only made those the first year used and they were not offered at a retail level( neither was Boston CCM or Ducks/Kings of course), so what u have is likely a leftover. They're pretty rare so hang onto it and chose the player carefully....

And also I've located some pictures of a gamer that I'm looking to emulate and it appears to have white glacier twill as the top layers on the numbers. Is that correct or are my eyes deceiving me (which happens often)?

You were probably referring to the nameplate letters as well as the numbers, right? - I'm pretty sure the letters are glacier twill as well- at least my customized 3rd (not a gamer) came that way. Perhaps Iced could verify that on his gamer?

Here's another issue I'm curious about. In the video for that famous 4OT playoff game the Pens and Caps played in 1996, the alternate captain "A" on Francis' and Jagr's jerseys was italicized, and therefore quite slanted. Shouldn't Mario's "C" have been that way too? The one on Adam's picture looks straight up. Were both types of "C" used that year? Anybody know for sure?

You were probably referring to the nameplate letters as well as the numbers, right? - I'm pretty sure the letters are glacier twill as well- at least my customized 3rd (not a gamer) came that way. Perhaps Iced could verify that on his gamer?

yeah, name is glacier as well....

There's no chance of this jersey leaving my possession. I remember the first game they wore it in vividly down to where I was. It's gonna be a Lemieux period. When I see this jersey that's who comes to mind. Been looking for this thing since that January in 1996, and I have it.

I've seen another picture of it that had the italicized C although it wasn't as bold as the following year one. Either way it's a 66 and I can't wait til I get it back and I haven't sent it off yet.

Thanks a lot for the replies, I can't always trust my eyes. Finally get to get up close and personal with some glacier twill. You guys are awesome

I had that picture somewhere but couldn't find it. The thinner C was the one I was shooting for. And as I look at the pics of the back, they have different placement of the numbers in relation to the stripe going around the middle. Probably just the variance between gamers?

I actually still have that first game in these sweaters from January of '96 on VHS (don't ask)...I took a couple of screen snaps for something on UniWatch a few months back. Didn't get and shots of the "C", but here's some good looks at number placement.

pens96_1.jpg

Pens96_2.jpg

I actually still have that first game in these sweaters from January of '96 on VHS (don't ask)...I took a couple of screen snaps for something on UniWatch a few months back. Didn't get and shots of the "C", but here's some good looks at number placement.

First off, that's awesome. Secondly, it shows that they put the 6's wherever they felt like. I think they look better lower down, so that's probably what I'll go with.

Thanks, Victim (and Robert for trying). I just couldn't get a good look at the front of Mario's jersey in the videos, but I knew the "C" must have been pretty slanted.

Adam, it seems to me that from season to season that colored band around the waist varied in placement a bit, which made the numbers straddle the band quite unevenly. Personally I like it just like in the large picture you put up. Btw, that smaller picture you put up of the other jersey looks like it's from an auction or something. That's a gamer too, right?

i sold my mario game r in the last game worn auction it was the same style jersey but not the ccm i had the starter from the 1996-97 season

the numbers were glacier twill

HERE ARE SOME PICS FOR REFERENCE HOPE THEY HELP

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

[IMG_0831.jpg

I also had a 97-98 francis starter same style if you need more reference pics

here is the front also a slanted c

DSC00011.jpg

both had light wear and i believe the francis had a repair on the sleeve

i sold my mario game r in the last game worn auction it was the same style jersey but not the ccm i had the starter from the 1996-97 season

the numbers were glacier twill

HERE ARE SOME PICS FOR REFERENCE HOPE THEY HELP

I also had a 97-98 francis starter same style if you need more reference pics

here is the front also a slanted c

So was the top layer of the C glacier as well, or just standard white? And I assume also that it's the standard stacked format, correct?

This is kinda trivial, but your '96-97 Mario is the first one I've seen from that season that had 3 white stripes on the left sleeve. For some reason, that was the only year I've seen where there were jerseys with only 2 stripes. (That was also the year where many jerseys had no double-stitched elbows or fight straps; yours seems to have both.)

2 different Lemieux CCM gamers for reference -

http://www.classicau...id=55&lotid=341

Ah, so that's where that picture came from...

I found some pretty decent video footage of the 1996 ECF with the Pens vs. Panthers. The C's and A's don't look quite as slanted here as they do in Victim's photo. Quite a bit of variation for just one season, but at least we know they're all correct for that year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqtC7ECn80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp7J-3aF3ko&feature=related

What a great series that was. I was pulling hard for the Panthers because eff the Penguins. It always amazes me just how many rats they used to throw on the ice that year!