Qatar Qanucks

seedmaya

I recently learned that there is a team (but I have no idea what league they play in) called the Qatar Qanucks. I am hoping someone here might have some idea where I could get a jersey or shirt or some kind of merchandise, because it would be the perfect gift for someone I know. I tried emailing someone at a site that I took to be a sponsor or jersey manufacturer (I believe it was called IMEDGE or something similar) but I got no response.

If anyone has any idea where I might have some luck finding one, or has the ability to get one for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Just from some quick Google searching it looks like it was some sort of mens-league team, not a pro team. In some of the other pictures I found there were guys wearing random jerseys of similar colors. If so it might be a stretch to think they'd have jerseys for sale.

913781856_RBYjo-S.jpg

906183724_mgcDt-S.jpg

It does look like that company IMEDGE did create the Qatar Qanucks jerseys, but their website doesn't look to have been updated since 2006.

While looking this up I did discover my new favorite team, the Dubai Mighty Camels!

newJerseywhite_2.jpg

That's a shame, I saw the jerseys on that site and figured if they made professional jerseys they might have some available somewhere for sale. Do you think I might be able to find a gamer somewhere, or do you think it's even too small for that?

It was actually the Dubai Mighty Camels that led me to discover the Qanucks. I bought a Mighty Camels gamer from a guy, and in doing research I came across the IMEDGE site and that's where I saw all those other jerseys. Some of the international teams have the best names ever, it's so unfair it's so hard to find their jerseys.

I managed to get ahold of someone at IMEDGE finally, and they do sell jerseys. They are $60 US, which I don't think is too bad. Shipping is brutal though. Anyway, Akteon (or anyone else), if you're interested in a Mighty Camels jersey we might be able to combine shipping a little bit. If youre interested, let me know and I'll get you the details. And thanks for the research, Akteon. :)

I recently learned that there is a team (but I have no idea what league they play in) called the Qatar Qanucks. I am hoping someone here might have some idea where I could get a jersey or shirt or some kind of merchandise, because it would be the perfect gift for someone I know.

This is officially the most obscure request on this board, and perhaps the entire internets.

And you are actually able to get one of them? :blink: Amazin'.

Wasn't someone looking for a Chinese Tapei (Taiwan) professional league hockey jersey? I feel like that might be a bit more obscure, unless I am just imagining things...

I don't know, but I own one of their U16 jerseys. Its pretty awesome.

• 1 month later...

The pictures are from my website. The league is the Qatar International Ice Hockey League. Expats playing in the desert. They order the jerseys from a local supplier so it may be possible to get an order added onto their annual order. If there is interest, I'll see if i can get a couple of extra jerseys.

http://stillshots.smugmug.com/QMHA/Raiders-Cup-2008-2009

http://stillshots.smugmug.com/QIIHL-2009-2010

my email is dbshots@yahoo.com

Dave Brown