Winter Classic 2012

jerseymikea

If he suits up for the Rangers, I basically don't see the fanbase ever welcoming him back and forgiving the bad rep that he has.

I would love to see him in the O&B again. And I'm definitely going to the game regardless.

I'm seriously thinking about taking Amtrak to Philly for this, but something tells me tickets are going to be entirely too expense. That and I think I'm buying a ticket for the Rangers home opener, which in itself is going to expensive.

I heard after they set aside tix for season ticket holders from both teams, the NHL, the teams, the venue etc. that there's a public raffle and each pick gets the ability to purchase up to two tickets. Tickets start at $100 each iirc.

If you don't get picked in the raffle you're stuck getting them on stubhub at $500 each for cheap seats or whatever they were going for last year.

This is all according to a buddy of mine so don't kill me if I'm wrong but it sounds about right... If I could get a ticket for $100 I'll definitely go

I heard after they set aside tix for season ticket holders from both teams, the NHL, the teams, the venue etc. that there's a public raffle and each pick gets the ability to purchase up to two tickets. Tickets start at $100 each iirc.

If you don't get picked in the raffle you're stuck getting them on stubhub at $500 each for cheap seats or whatever they were going for last year.

This is all according to a buddy of mine so don't kill me if I'm wrong but it sounds about right... If I could get a ticket for $100 I'll definitely go

You and me both. If I only go to two hockey games this season, the Rangers home opener and the Winter Classic would be fine by me.

I think the secondary market for the game will be way too high. All the "New York money" will be in play and drive the price up that much higher.

I'd like to see Lindros ###### the Flyers around for a few days and then sign up to play with the Rangers for three complimentary lunches instead of two. Pretty much the way of washed-up, peaked-in-the-late-90s former superstars these days, ain't it?

I'd like to see Lindros ###### the Flyers around for a few days and then sign up to play with the Rangers for three complimentary lunches instead of two. Pretty much the way of washed-up, peaked-in-the-late-90s former superstars these days, ain't it?

I dont think Jagr is or ever was "washed up."...far from it the way he looked the other night. Nope...Maybe he was thinking "been there, done that" and was looking for something different when he didn't sign with the Pens.

I dont think Jagr is or ever was "washed up."...far from it the way he looked the other night. Nope...Maybe he was thinking "been there, done that" and was looking for something different when he didn't sign with the Pens.

Yeah, he flat out said he had offers for more money, he just thought that playing with Giroux/Briere would be more compatible, and give him the best chance to succeed.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the secondary market for the game will be way too high. All the "New York money" will be in play and drive the price up that much higher.

I picked up two tix to the Phantoms-Hershey game at CBP today on stub hub...There were no Flyers' WC tix available there and the ticket agency sites were pricing the outfield upper deck seats at $500-600 a piece. I'll settle for the AHL at those prices...It's a Friday night game as well so no need to take a day off from work! Can't wait!

I will be purchasing my tickets tomorrow at 10ish. Can't wait.

For the Flyers? I hope you get good seats... I's really hard to figure in a Baseball park... I chose section 130 for the Phantoms game. I hope I'm up high enough to see. It's in the corner and its as close to the rink I could get according to the "floorplan." Hey, They cost less than if I bought them on the Phantoms website with all of the service fees. I just cant see dropping $1000.00 plus not knowing how much of the rink I will actually see. I am just happy to be able to see a game there. Don't get me wrong, If money were no object, I'd be at the WC.

I'm hoping to get a chance to skate there as well...

For the Flyers? I hope you get good seats... I's really hard to figure in a Baseball park... I chose section 130 for the Phantoms game. I hope I'm up high enough to see. It's in the corner and its as close to the rink I could get according to the "floorplan." Hey, They cost less than if I bought them on the Phantoms website with all of the service fees. I just cant see dropping $1000.00 plus not knowing how much of the rink I will actually see. I am just happy to be able to see a game there. Don't get me wrong, If money were no object, I'd be at the WC.

I'm hoping to get a chance to skate there as well...

My buddy and I are going for the 400 level, guaranteed to be high enough to see something.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe that Mikael Renberg is still not confirmed. If anyone knows any Swedish broadcasters who can cover the World Juniors for a day or two, please tell them to get in touch. I need the Legion of Doom to re-unite. It will be my childhood wrapped up in a cold open air box. Best New Years Eve ever if it happens.

This was posted a long time ago so not sure if this has been made clear, but there is no public raffle this year. They've done that in past years, but they didn't do it this year.

Flyers STH here... got my seats a while ago from the Flyers. So excited.

This was posted a long time ago so not sure if this has been made clear, but there is no public raffle this year. They've done that in past years, but they didn't do it this year.

Flyers STH here... got my seats a while ago from the Flyers. So excited.

Then you won't be listing any jerseys in "it arrived today" thread for a while...I hear they not only made the STHs buy all three games, they hammered you in service charges as well... I know it's a once in a lifetime thing but for every happy Ticket holder there's 10 really "PO'd." Enjoy the games! I wish I were going to them all but I just picked up the Phantoms tix. Debating on the alumni game...

The crazy thing is my friend and I are STH's and two more of our friends are partial plan. We were guaranteed, and our friends were in a partial plan raffle, they both won the right to purchase a pair. I found it funny that myself and STH partner got a guaranteed ticket, but our friends ended up with a second pair that they could sell for a healthy profit.

Once I saw the upwards of $500 price tag for these tickets, I said absolutely not. The only way I'd pay that much to see a sporting event would be if it were Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals/World Series/Super Bowl.