Minnesota Gopher jersey question

Mnwildfan7000

I have a home and away set of Minnesota Gopher jerseys that were made by koronis sports apparel. The home is the shiny material and the away is a meshy material. These were the design worn during the 1994-1998 seasons. I am not sure if koronis had the contract to supply these or not. I just want to know if they have any sort of value? The size is xxl. Where do I go from here with these? They are not game worn or team issued. Thanks, ben

my hunch is that they more than likely made replicas to sell on their site (well when it was up), much like Champion and other brands do. Take for instance you can find K1 sportsware replica Gopher jerseys that look exactly like what they have on the ice now, but the official supplier for the Gophers is Nike.

I could also be completely wrong, but that is my speculation.

I believe your hunch is very close to spot on. I bought these replica's in 1995 from a skate shop in maplewood, mn. College game jerseys for me are hard to come by. I just don't feel the same about collecting them as I do NHL gamers for that very reason. Plus i just don't feel the same about gopher hockey as I did when I was younger. And these are replicas to boot.

Yes, they are replicas, but Apex and Champion weren't known for making retail versions back then, so those Koronis ones are likely the only non-gamers around anyway.

They'll have some value, as Gopher fans are pretty passionate about their hockey and those jerseys are getting to be 15 years old now. With the team back on the rise in the polls and Christmas coming, it would be a really good time to put them on ebay and see what they fetch. They could go for $40, or $125, you never know. Part of the issue is college students are always so poor!