Ducks fire Carlyle! Hire Boudreau

So here is the article on the Ducks website. Ducks Fire Carlyle Anyone ones thoughts on first, firing Carlyle and second, on hiring Boudreau. Personally I don't think firing Carlyle was the answer for the Ducks sad play this season so far. And I know Boudreau turned things around in Washington during the regular season, but he had issues in the playoffs. I don't think either move is the right answer.

I don't know what to think of this either....I think a lot of our problem for the past couple seasons is defence...that being said it's possible that a lot of those player who have only ever played in the NHL under Carlyle (Perry & Getzlaf) need a fresh perspective of coaching (not sure if BB is the answer to that either). I hope they don't move Ryan either, but it looks like it's enivitable :( if they do they better get a really good veteran defenceman out of the deal but I have a feeling Murray will mess up that deal too

Great now I have to change my user name to FireBoudreau. I like the move. No way would I have like for the Ducks to trade Bobby Ryan, I just got his jersey a little over a month ago. That would have pissed me off. As much as I like Carlyle and I appreciate his contributions but he had to go.

If ryan gets traded he better come hang out in Cherry Hill New Jersey for a little while considering it is 2 minutes from my house. And then i can ask him for his help to strip my Ducks jersey with his name and number on it.

Bobby Ryan can be traded to any team except the Rangers

LOL! Is that because of the cap, or because you hate the Rangers? (If Ryan would fit under the cap, which I highly doubt, I'd love to have him)

LOL! Is that because of the cap, or because you hate the Rangers? (If Ryan would fit under the cap, which I highly doubt, I'd love to have him)

I would be legitimately afraid of the rangers if they get Ryan. The offense would be unreal and Lundqvist is a pretty good goalie (don't push your luck with 3 ranger compliments anymore)

lol thats just how the Ducks in general have been playing all season, way too many penalties...3/4 goals where on the PP. Hiller played great IMO and for the most part the team did good but still a ways to go. Only 2 days in to his coaching I'm sure he hasn't implemented everything he knows in that amount of time

lol thats just how the Ducks in general have been playing all season, way too many penalties...3/4 goals where on the PP. Hiller played great IMO and for the most part the team did good but still a ways to go. Only 2 days in to his coaching I'm sure he hasn't implemented everything he knows in that amount of time

Oh yeah I was at the game last night. It's like we play fine for 40 minutes and then BOOM let's just screw around in the third period. Stupid penalties and poor fore checking killed them. I thought it was bad being up 2 goals and losing. Nevermind that let's blow a 3 goal lead! I was at the game against the Canucks when we were up 4-0 and we almost blew that one too. We need a solid 60 minute game. The jury is still out on Boudreau IMO. There are still many games to play.

It sure was weird seeing the "Capitals" coach behind the bench during the Wild vs. Ducks game tonight.

It sure was weird seeing the "Capitals" coach behind the bench during the Wild vs. Ducks game tonight.

I bet the players feel the same way. Boudreau had an "optional" and most of the team didn't show up. With the way the team is playing right now I don't think anything should be "optional".

• 2 weeks later...

Guam is killing it with the jpegs, I love the ice cream one lol.

That said, like I said in the other post, Boudreau is what he is, a decent coach, a players' coach. It didnt matter whom they hired anyway, this is just not a good team at all. They rode their stars big time last year and got way more mileage than anyone could have expected. If you get that kind of production out of your main four forwards, PP QB and goalies (for the most part), most teams are contenders. Instead, they inflated their standing with some late wins and got beat in the first round anyway.

This year, Lubo has been out and Selanne is their only consistent big ticket forward. Their bottom six is atrocious. Why do they have teenagers as their PK guys? Is that a joke? Are they seriously wondering why their PK sucks and their team can't hold a lead when they have zero confidence in their depth guys and they put these inexperienced kids out there in pressure situations? They cheaped out on the depth spots and their defensemen are not physical.

The good news is that their organization has respectable depth. The bad news is that Selanne, Lubo, Lydman and other veterans will leave big holes when they leave so once those guys come up they will still have problems the way things look right now.

Guam is killing it with the jpegs, I love the ice cream one lol.

That said, like I said in the other post, Boudreau is what he is, a decent coach, a players' coach. It didnt matter whom they hired anyway, this is just not a good team at all. They rode their stars big time last year and got way more mileage than anyone could have expected. If you get that kind of production out of your main four forwards, PP QB and goalies (for the most part), most teams are contenders. Instead, they inflated their standing with some late wins and got beat in the first round anyway.

This year, Lubo has been out and Selanne is their only consistent big ticket forward. Their bottom six is atrocious. Why do they have teenagers as their PK guys? Is that a joke? Are they seriously wondering why their PK sucks and their team can't hold a lead when they have zero confidence in their depth guys and they put these inexperienced kids out there in pressure situations? They cheaped out on the depth spots and their defensemen are not physical.

The good news is that their organization has respectable depth. The bad news is that Selanne, Lubo, Lydman and other veterans will leave big holes when they leave so once those guys come up they will still have problems the way things look right now.

I couldn't agree with you any more.The worst was in the shoot out against the Kings when Boudreau put Palmieri out as the third shooter. I was like WTF. He has only scored 2 goals in the NHL. They keep relying on too many young guys and they keep sending them back and forth between the minors and NHL. The only good rookie they had was Dan Sexton who at least scored a handful of goals, but they are just keeping him in the minors. Dumb.