Your Grail

JackFr

This thread was inspired by my browsing through Meigray yesterday and finding this:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=5728636&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4523&scId=4523

img10335184.jpg

One of my favourite players, and the jersey he wore in the finals as well. He scored an OT winner in this. I wish I had 850 bucks to spend on it. <_<

Another that would be a grail for me would be a gameworn 2003-04 Kariya Avalanche jersey.

I'm wondering what are your grails that might be unique to you? So no Gretzkys or Lemieuxs or Crosbys.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brent Sopel and Andrew Ladd were two of my favorite leseser known Hawks from recent times so any game worns from them. I'd love to get Brent's game worn from the KHL from this season when he's done.

My overall grail would be any game worn Denis Savard

I do not have a game worn grail as I only have one in my collection (Brouwer White Capitals with Locomotiv Patch from this year), I know I would go bankrupt trying to obtain them. I have a hard and fast rule that all my NHL jerseys must be the authentics they wore that year, i.e. no Larmer on Reebok and the NHL 75th patch must go on Blackhawks CCM ultrafil with correct hem tagging, not an authentic CCM air knit from two years later.

My grail is the Blackhawks TBTC Ultrafil Barber Pole, size 52. I had looked for a long time to no avail but a few months ago was able to find a blank and make it into this bad boy.

Odd how things work out, after looking for over a year I found three of them within as many weeks. My other two are being done up now with Belfour and Larmer.

DSCN0627.jpg

DSCN0636.jpg

Mine would be any authentic North Stars. I was lucky enough to score an Ultrafil 91-92 season. It's currently out having the NHL 75th anniversary and the Stars 25th anniversary patches sewn on.

leclair25.jpg

Sigh...want...so bad...

Side note, I actually do have that card. Lol.

Honestly for me, its gotta be the canadiens barberpole throwback they wore. I have it in the works right now but I grew up loving the canadiens logo and colors and once they wore that one time jersey I was hooked. Unfortunately they aren't too common I guess.

Adam Graves #11 TBTC New York Rangers jersey

Not to go off track, but just found it interesting. Messier was traded in EARLY October 91 and was obviously #11 and definitely wore the TBTC with #11 with the Rangers. Was Graves #11 for like 1 or 2 possibly 3 games before the trade or in pre-season, and out of those 3 games did the Rangers wear the TBTC jersey. In which case, what's the possibility they did a name change on that original Graves and added the "C" to make it a Messier jersey.

Not trying to suggest your grail may no longer exist...

Haha well it wouldn't have to be a game worn, though that would be awesome, but Mike has shown me the hockey card of Graves wearing the TBTC with #11 on it. I believe it was a game against Boston, possibly the first game of the season.

EDIT:

Here is the card.

2186175_s1_i1.jpg

EDIT Again:

I'd also like to own one of these. It's not TBTC, but still. I think this was pre-season.

Gretzkyaction.png

Konstantinov's Red Army jersey.

2455829440107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

or this Fedorov jersey

2306859150107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

Fetisov's Red Army jersey

2877419220107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

or any/all of these 5 jerseys

2460185020107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

I'd also like to own one of these.

Gretzkyaction.png

You mean you want the Gretzky, not that blue thing, right? :D

My grail isn't a player, just the team itself. The Maine Mariners were the first hockey I saw and I have wanted one of their shirts ever since. I saw them in 1986-87 and amazingly I found one from that season meaning I probably saw the jersey I now own 20 something years ago!

DSC07966.jpg

DSC07967.jpg

The fact that it is an eagle is even cooler.

It's kinda funny to me that people complain about the Reebok hem when they obviously had some jerseys like that back in the 80s as the back is clearly visible from the front.

I know who has this, they wannt $1300 for it.....

2005-06 Eric Lindros Toronto Maple Leafs game worn Alternate jersey size 58, worn when he scored this goal.......

http://www.youtube.com/embed/-mg2kD75lsk

Really want a Mike Richter game worn Rangers jersey, but the ultimate holy grail for me is his 98/99 White Liberty Set 2. Anyone looking to move a Richter?

2000-2001 Robert Kron set one home white Jackets jersey. It is the jersey he wore while taking the opening face off in the Jackets first ever game.

P1000545.JPG