Your Grail

JackFr

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really want a Mike Richter game worn Rangers jersey, but the ultimate holy grail for me is his 98/99 White Liberty Set 2. Anyone looking to move a Richter?

Check with Beukeboom on here. He's got a Pro Player Liberty up for trade, it's a Richter. I don't think it's game worn, but I'm pretty sure the jersey itself was team-issued because it's got the NHLPA neck tag.

Check with Beukeboom on here. He's got a Pro Player Liberty up for trade, it's a Richter. I don't think it's game worn, but I'm pretty sure the jersey itself was team-issued because it's got the NHLPA neck tag.

The "NHL Player" tag in the neck doesn't mean it's team issue. Team issues usually have fewer neck tags (for comfort) not more. My understanding is that NHL Player tag used to come with official NHLPA player lettering kits so customizers could distinguish that they used a licensed kit on a jersey.

The only time I've seen a NHLPA "tag" on jersey to denote it's team issue is on All-Star jerseys and then it's the NHLPA skater logo embroidered on the hem. A couple people here on the boards have one (BurnabyJoe and someone else I can't recall).

Akteon, LOL at your avatar!

Why would you want an older jersey, that makes you not a real fan. Support the present-day team. Get excited about the current team itself. Don't live in the past. Resting on laurels isn't healthy.'

Do you see how moronic your statements are??

Edit - and for those who arent aware, I am not accusing him of not being a real fan. Over on HFboards, a poster commented that he is actually more excited for the alumni game the the WC game itself. Puckboy proceeded to call them "not a true fan" and used the exact words that I used above.

In support of Puck Boy on this one...The TOPIC is "Your Grail". My grail is a jersey from 1985 and its not even a Flyers jersey...This has nothing to do with being a "fan" of any particular team...what Happens at HFboards doesn't concern me.

The "NHL Player" tag in the neck doesn't mean it's team issue. Team issues usually have fewer neck tags (for comfort) not more. My understanding is that NHL Player tag used to come with official NHLPA player lettering kits so customizers could distinguish that they used a licensed kit on a jersey.

The only time I've seen a NHLPA "tag" on jersey to denote it's team issue is on All-Star jerseys and then it's the NHLPA skater logo embroidered on the hem. A couple people here on the boards have one (BurnabyJoe and someone else I can't recall).

Hrm, good to know. I was under the impression that the NHLPA tag was only on team issued jerseys. I've never seen that on a retail jersey, but maybe I've just never paid attention. Either way, Beukeboom still has a Pro Player Richter listed and Pro Player jerseys are amazing.

Just for clarification on the "NHL Player" tag vs NHLPA tag, here's some photos.

If you order an official "NHL player" lettering kit you get the official NHPLA hang tag and label you can sew into the neck of your jersey. Kits bought from Stahls have these and you can even buy the tags themselves in bulk on eBay. This tag shouldn't appear on gamers or blank team-issue jerseys (any blank jerseys to be honest).

!BS8Dr+gBGk~$%28KGrHgoH-CMEjlLl%29s+%28BKFwNUFZsQ~~_35.JPG

This is the NHLPA hem tag that is stitched or embroidered on game-worn and team-issue All-Star jerseys. If you've got a jersey with one of these you're either really rich or lucky (like Jay was :thumbsup: )

748609.jpg9042544.jpg

If you order an official "NHL player" lettering kit you get the official NHPLA hang tag and label you can sew into the neck of your jersey. Kits bought from Stahls have these and you can even buy the tags themselves in bulk on eBay. This tag shouldn't appear on gamers or blank team-issue jerseys (any blank jerseys to be honest).

Sorry I don't have the links right now, but I've seen a couple of Red Wings Nike gamers on Classic Auctions (Lidstrom and Fedorov, I think) that actually had the NHL Player tag in the neck. I have no idea why they would even want to put those on gamers, but they were definitely there.

• 5 weeks later...

My ultimate holy grail, which I already know I will never get, is Conroy's jersey from Game 7 of the 04 Finals.

Conroy%20Game%207%20score.jpg

However, I'd like to eventually get any game worn Conroy jersey. He's by far my favorite player, but sadly of the 4 jerseys I own, only one is Conroy (one is a blank Flames jersey, I'd like to get it crested...just not sure how to go about it.)

My grail's always been a Blackhawks 2.0, which I recently acquired. So I guess my new one would be a game-worn Kris Versteeg jersey from games 1 or 5 of the 2010 SCF, honestly.

I have a few Holy Grails, but the one I want most is a '98 or '99 LeClair All Star jersey, size 56. I got caught up in Gretzky Mania in 99, and bought his all star jersey from RCS.

--An '02 USA sz 56, navy

--A 1993 road Canadiens, sz 56

--A 2006 or 2007 Rbk pre-edge Pens road, sz 56 or larger

All with Johnny...

--A 1992 Nords blue 56

--A 1993 Isles blue 56

All with Hextall

But the grail i have coming is a 1987 Hextall team-issued 60GC road. Not game worn.

I dont deal in gameworns. Too expensive. Hell, i just paid $425 for an authentic 2012 Flyers WC. I miss the days when you could buy an authentic for under $200 without spending hours of research to find a good deal and reputable vendor.

Manon Rhéaume

Don't want to jinx this, but have a lead to her Tampa Bay exhibition 1992 game jersey from a certain NJ dealer who shall remain nameless.

Look at that jersey, what a great design, and the number and letter font is just awesome....3D like.... now they got the most plain s*** i ever saw....anyway, a top 10 jersey all time imo :stickhndl:

Basically, my grail is any blank authentic NHL or international jersey that I can add my favorite player's name and number and maybe some patches to. Doesn't have to be game worn or anything.

Yeah, but if you could have ANY jersey which ONE would it be? And who is your favorite player?

Well my favorite is Gretzky but he's not allowed in this thread.

I guess, if I had to pick any jersey, it would be Esa Tikkanen's Oilers jersey from the 1991 playoffs, especially from the deciding game against Calgary. He was on fire that spring.