You Heard It Here First - Just The Facts, Jack!

CryWolf

Let's put this one to bed for a while with some facts that I have just confirmed about the jerseys for next year:

1. The Classic (550) Replica jersey, will be available next year in the same designs as this year, but in Dark (Home) version only. Teams that will change their uniforms will not make this jersey available in the new design... only in this year's design. The price for these jerseys should remain under $90 USD.
  2. The new Premier Replica Jersey will retail for approx. $110 USD, however this jersey will no longer come with screen printed crests as originally feared. Instead, it will include a full twill and embroidered front crest and screen print on twill sewn shoulder crests. This jersey will be offered in both Home and Away versions.
  3. The new RBK EDGE Authentic Jersey will not retail at the current $345 USD price for the 2007 All-Star Jersey. In 2007-2008 you will be able to pick up a RBK EDGE Authentic Jersey for around $250 USD.

Thanks for the info. On the premier jersey are the shoulder patches screen printed patches? Hmmm $50 increase for authentics looks like I'll be grabbing some of the old ones this summer. That is unless the new jerseys can justify their $50 price increase.

Let's put this one to bed for a while with some facts that I have just confirmed about the jerseys for next year:
  1. The new Premier Replica Jersey will retail for approx. $110 USD, however this jersey will no longer come with screen printed crests as originally feared. Instead, it will include a full twill and embroidered front crest and screen print on twill sewn shoulder crests.

Screen print on twill sewn shoulder crests? What is a good example of how that looks? I'm glad the 550s are hanging around. I've gotten quite a few of them.

Well that is a bit better to hear. I wonder if NHL took a lot of heat from jersey distributors on some of these issues and decided to make some changes. At least the authentics are coming down somewhat, still a touch too expensive but maybe over time they will drop if demand is not as high.

So essentially the new replicas won't be any different then old replicas except the fabric and the shoulder patches?

Screen print on twill sewn shoulder crests? What is a good example of how that looks? I'm glad the 550s are hanging around. I've gotten quite a few of them.

Find a replica 2007 All-Star Game jersey, that's what is on there. The screenprint-on-tackletwill shoulder crest doesn't look terrible, but having one crest (front) embroidered and the others not is a little perplexing. I think RBK hopes that Joe hockeyfan doesn't notice.

So essentially the new replicas won't be any different then old replicas except the fabric and the shoulder patches?

And the 22% price increase. <_<