Where to get real Lettering Kits?

e30cabrio

I am looking for Lettering Kits for my Rangers Heritage and all I am finding are iron ons. No thanks!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched and don't see eps. How do I contact them?

Thanks

Unless you have a professional sewing machine and know how to stitch lettering properly, you're going to need to pay someone to do it. I wouldn't trust EPS, they take forever and there's a whole thread on here somewhere about how they've been doing crappy work for people and when they're asked to correct it, Josh basically says "too bad".

I had no intention of doing it myself. My next question would have been where to get it sewn on. Thanks!

Yes, some people here have had issues with EPS. But lots of people, including myself, have had outstanding work done by them. Website is exclusivepro.com.

So if I were to want to use them how do I get in touch?

Details are on the website- order form, e-mail, etc.

Be careful when you call EPS. They are a bit arrogant to say the least. We are small fish in a big jersey ocean. They will appreciate your money as long as you don't mind waiting 4-6 weeks. I also think they prefer to see what it is you want done, a picture or even better an actual jersey they can replicate off of for those who are particular to game authentic. I don't think they mean to come across that way, they just have a client base that can range on the extreme side of things. You can't please all, but most. And I think that is what they do.

The fact that the people at EPS are arrogant is reason enough not to give them your money. I don't care how small an order is, they should treat each customer equally and take the time to ensure each jersey they do is accurate. Obviously mistakes happen, but if you give them specific instructions complete with pictures they shouldn't be getting it wrong. And when they do, they sure as hell shouldn't be telling you "too bad, it's not a big deal" - Maybe not to them it's not a big deal, but if I was the guy who paid for the work do be done correctly it would be a problem.

I still say send Brilliant! a message, especially if all you're doing is one Rangers jersey. He's one of the bigger Rangers collectors here, he knows how their jerseys should be done and he's not a ###### like Josh at EPS.

I would forget using EPS if I could get name bar material that matches the following jerseys, Minnesota red edge, 2004 all star western ccm jersey. 2006 Dallas stars home jersey. Others can do the numbers no problem, just the name bar material is whats hard to come by. So if anyone has that material laying around, please let me know. Otherwise EPS is my only source, well that I know of.

Lol, I've been waiting since early October for my 5 EPS kits. It's exclusivepro.com, by the way. I order my kits from there and have someone else put them on for me. EPS makes a great kit, and he puts them on with extreme attention to detail. I've been really happy with that combo.

Johnnyonthespot, when you called and ordered your kits did you get hassled from josh? Or did he just take your order, no questions asked? I just wanted to order name bars/plates but it kind of seemed like I was driving over speed bumps to fast in dealing with things

Hey fella's

Anyone know who Hockey Monkey gets their kits from? I want to have a couple of my Ducks jerseys stitched up but to ship it there and back really adds up. I've emailed them a couple times and no reply, and I was able to chat online with one of their service reps. He told me I can't order kits from them, and that they order the kits from somewhere else. I asked him who, and he had no idea (ARGH). I'd get it done locally but NO ONE can do the alternate captain's "A" properly except Hockey Monkey. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

It's definitely a catch-22 using EPS. I have a major problem with Josh's lack of customer service, but they are also the only company who can get a lot of things done.

I've exchanged a few emails with him over my 1996 St.Louis Blues jersey. The company I used in Canada got the back number font wrong and managed to damage the vinyl layer on the front logo with their heat press. When I inquired about what EPS could do for that jersey if I stripped it and sent it in, he basically called me out for not using EPS first, accused me of using a local company to be cheap and save on shipping and said that other companies can do "acceptable work" but since EPS has 22 years of experience, it makes them better than everybody else.

I've never encountered such immediate arrogance in the customer service industry. I'm a retail manager, and I will admit that I've been testy with some customers... but those customers have to push me to that point, not the other way around. I don't want to send my jersey to EPS, but if I want my jersey done correctly, I don't have a choice. :angry:

I ordered 3 kits from EPS long before Thankgiving...they still haven't arrived. He originally told me that it would be just a few weeks turnaround. Now Josh won't answer emails...

I'm going to give Stitches a shot on my next jersey.

I ordered 3 kits from EPS long before Thankgiving...they still haven't arrived. He originally told me that it would be just a few weeks turnaround. Now Josh won't answer emails...

I'm going to give Stitches a shot on my next jersey.

Email Andrew at Stitches and tell them Kurt sent ya. He's a good guy and will take care of ya.

And i got your back on the 9-11 patch if it doesnt sell.

I've never had a jersey customized, is there a reason why it's so hard and why it seems that people have to send things away to get done? Is there no local shops that can do the work? I know there's a local place just down the street that insists they do an amazing job and will get the customization exact for each individual jersey. I just haven't used them because he charges $80 per jersey. Maybe that's not not so bad after all?

Almost every customizer will probably say that they do an amazing job and get the customization exact every time. But in reality there isn't anyone who can actually deliver on this promise 100% of the time. If you send enough jobs to someone, no matter how good they are, sooner or later you'll get something back that you're not happy with. That's just the way it is, because there are so many things that can go wrong- inaccurate fonts, wrong size numbers, colors not exact, crooked stitching, wrong nameplate material, wrong placement of C's or A's, etc. Ask your local guy for samples of his work, and if they look good, then you might decide to give him a try. Chances are though, that if he's that good, someone on this board would already have heard of him!

I see. I think maybe it's worth giving a shot. Maybe he'll give me a discount if I give him multiple jerseys. It's a local jersey store and most of the potential problems you mentioned he had said he does his best to match the accuracy. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I would know the difference with such subtleties.

$80 is about what you should expect to pay between materials and stitching. Kits aren't cheap, especially for hockey, and then you have to pay for the work.