Where to get real Lettering Kits?

e30cabrio

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every customizer will probably say that they do an amazing job and get the customization exact every time. But in reality there isn't anyone who can actually deliver on this promise 100% of the time. If you send enough jobs to someone, no matter how good they are, sooner or later you'll get something back that you're not happy with. That's just the way it is, because there are so many things that can go wrong- inaccurate fonts, wrong size numbers, colors not exact, crooked stitching, wrong nameplate material, wrong placement of C's or A's, etc. Ask your local guy for samples of his work, and if they look good, then you might decide to give him a try. Chances are though, that if he's that good, someone on this board would already have heard of him!

So true...and also the reason why I'll never use EPS again!

Can anyone recommend to me a place that can do my Minnesota wild edge 1.0 with the correct edge material nameplate? EPS can do it, but I am hearing not so good things about them.....

If you live in MN, then go to the hockey lodge. If you don't then EPS would be your best bet.

If you live in MN, then go to the hockey lodge. If you don't then EPS would be your best bet.

I did go to the hockey lodge....they used air-knit for the name plate and the font size is incorrect for the lettering. The numbers on the sleeves were placed in the wrong spot and further more....the wild use two different sources, one for the on ice jerseys and one for customers. You would think they would be at least somewhat close in appearance but no. So I have to find someone who can match on ice for my liking.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I would know the difference with such subtleties.

Obviously, the less picky you are about these things, the more likely you are to be satisfied with the work. The main reason you hear so many complaints in this board about different customizers is that most of us here are pretty particular about even the most subtle details that the average fan wouldn't have a clue about.

So....I have to use EPS.....

Email stitches, they will be able to answer your question but i believe Andrew told me before they can do edge nameplates. Their customization is $55 plus $5 for shipping. Just refer Kurt from this forum.

Email stitches, they will be able to answer your question but i believe Andrew told me before they can do edge nameplates. Their customization is $55 plus $5 for shipping. Just refer Kurt from this forum.

What's their email address?

It's customerservice@stitchesnj.com. They take a while to respond, sometimes up to a week.

I sent off an email...now the waiting game!

Hopefully it doesnt take too long. I know when i talked to Andrew a couple days ago he seemed to answer much quicker than normal so now maybe that the holidays are coming to an end it wont be so busy.

Hopefully it doesnt take too long. I know when i talked to Andrew a couple days ago he seemed to answer much quicker than normal so now maybe that the holidays are coming to an end it wont be so busy.

Have you done work with them? I would like to see some of their work if I could ?

This was in my mail box today, 4 days earlier than they said.

5601c8a3.jpg

Thanks to Joshua and EPS for the quick professional service they provided me!

Sorry, don't know. It has lots of little "holes"

It's actually pretty thin (although I have nothing to compare it to.)

It's what I was told to ask for by an expert. I hope it's correct. Guess I won't know for certain until it gets sewn on.