Where to get real Lettering Kits?

e30cabrio

Methinks you need to do more thinkin' and Les Whinin'.

Hey guys is there anything in Los Angeles I can take my jerseys to?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the kits i got from Dangle (after forever) I am not that happy with it because I know the "C" is off a little bit I cant tell if there is anything else (other than some saying Jagr lol)?

65382e.jpg

Nitpicking, the the "Jagr" looks like it wasn't put on 100% straight. It also appears the border on the back 6 isn't a uniform width.

Ok thanks now analyzing it yea its a little off. Thats probably my fault since i sent him pics of a Jagr Gamer (For reference) and it looked like that.

Ok thanks now analyzing it yea its a little off. Thats probably my fault since i sent him pics of a Jagr Gamer (For reference) and it looked like that.

Well then I'm impressed by the attention to detail!

Methinks you need to do more thinkin' and Les Whinin'.

More Winning! Less Whinin!

My jersey showed out for delivery yesterday afternoon and I came in to tell Brilliant! and he had sent me a message with this:

f6948368.jpg

1,000,000 thanks Brilliant! for the perfect job and instant completion.

I'll post more bigger pictures when I get it.

Many thanks Brilliant! You did a perfect job quickly and sent it back fast!

13f100d2.jpg

0c18fa94.jpg

7c96f2c3.jpg

fd057b92.jpg

e0aef1be.jpg

One of the kits i got from Dangle (after forever) I am not that happy with it because I know the "C" is off a little bit I cant tell if there is anything else (other than some saying Jagr lol)?

http://i44.tinypic.com/65382e.jpg

The black and gold borders of the sleeve are too slim(?) or thin(?)

I think Victim is correct- if the gold layer (on the sleeve numbers) were a bit larger in relation to the other two layers, that would make the holes in the 6 and 8 a bit smaller, like in this Lemieux:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=8&lotid=545

You can see an 8 in this Jagr, which is a different jersey (different color gold, but same year) but the number shape is the same:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=667

Overall though, I'd say the kit looks pretty good- this is pretty nitpicky. :)

This was in my mail box today, 4 days earlier than they said.

Thanks to Joshua and EPS for the quick professional service they provided me!

Looks great, do you think EPS will sell just the nameplate without the numbering for the kits?

Just sent an email to Stitches for my two authentic CCM Mighty Ducks sweaters (I've had em' blank for about 12 years). Anyone ever had any work done by SportsK? I've bought jerseys from them in the past, but never had them customize anything.

Contacted EPS and they will sell Edge nameplates with sewed letters for about 20.

• 1 year later...

Was Bobcat Athletic the Official customizer for the kings and ducks teams on the Alts? Only reason i ask is ive never heard who did them.

There are many people who offer kits for both. The problem is 99.9% of them are incorrect. Common wild wing mistake is the name lettering is too wide and loses detail and the size of the letters are too small themselves. Also less commonly an issue is white twill used instead of the herringbone glacier twill on the white numbers and name.

Same problem with the BK jersey but the issue is the number font. Alot of customizers have the standard 1995-96 NHL font package but what was actually worn by the team greatly varies. You see alot of Gretzky bks but when watching the game footage the numbers are a lot more slender than the fatter ones most people have.

Sorry for the late response... Trust me when I tell you, Bob was the one who originally did them back in the day.

On a somewhat related note, someone called me two weeks ago wanting me to make them Burger King jerseys without logos and without my logo on the hem. The gentleman told me he had "all logos and numbers ready to stitch on".

Just FYI that someone is trying to create counterfeits in order to pass them off as authentic.

Does he want them done on the CCM Air-Knit body? If so, and with all the right embroidery, we could be in trouble as buyers. Especially because there are going to be accurate knock-offs. It's one thing to have a hideous, obviously boot-legged jersey come around, but it's a whole different game when the makers of the counterfeits have attention to detail and all the right tools at their disposal. The first thing that comes to mind is the thought of those "Griffenfood" Starter Avalanche jerseys, where even today it takes a really well-trained eye (specifically for those types of fakes) to be able to catch all the right inaccuracies and call out the counterfeit.

I hope it's not the case and that these will just be reproduction versions of those shirts, but all we can really say (with the help of J.A.) is "buyer beware, do your homework".

I quoted a price BEFORE he told me what he wanted done. Once that came out, I refused.

As far as material is concerned, I do have "CCM Pro AirKnit" in stock, as well as a CCM-like UltraFil that most of you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, in stock.

The whole thing sickened me to be quite honest.

FYI, the person who phoned me on this is from the Denver area.