Picked this one up on eBay

LouMarcon

This is from Ebbets Field Classics' NHL Heritage series, which is no longer available commercially. Made in Canada, it has the usual EFF felt crest and number. It's made of 20% wool-80% acrylic which I particularly like. The crest is perhaps 10% embroidered.

My first exposure to the Quebec Aces was in the mid 1960s as the top farm team of the Montreal Canadians in the American Hockey League.

And, while this jersey is a replica of what Canadians great Jean Beliveau wore while playing for the Aces in the old Quebec Senior Hockey League in the early 1950s it really isn't much different than the Aces' sweater that I saw 10 years later. It has a very distinctive color combination of green, red, white and black.

The crest is unique. In my opinion, it's one of the two best of this era of the AHL. The other being the crest worn by my hometown Pittsburgh Hornets in 1961-64. The other AHL jersey of this period that I'm particularly fond of is the Mr. Peanut logo on the Cleveland Barons jersey, which I've ordered from Vintage Hockey Classics.

QAfront.jpg

QAback.jpg

Edited by LouMarcon