The Whale!

Brilliant!

Does anyone produce Hartford Whalers jerseys anymore or are they just limited to eBay now? I'm looking for an early 80's dark version. I have the 90's version but I want the 80's one as well. One of the coolest jerseys ever made in my opinion.

They are hard to find. I see tons of fakes of the 90's version on the bay.

Boy you aren't kidding. I'm seeing almost ALL fakes of the 80's version too. Either the stripes along the bottom of the jersey are wrong or the angle of the arms stripes are all wrong. It sucks. I want one!

A friend of mine spent his tax return back in the day on every whalers jersey he could possibly find. He didn't do too great until the whole vintage thing came around a couple years ago. He sold out pretty quickly and now drives a BMW X3.

So you know what that means! Get your penguins jerseys now!!

I believe the story goes that the City of Hartford owns the Whalers logo right and can't/won't let them be reproduced as part of the Vintage Line. I'm sure CCM would have made them several years ago if they could have, but were never allowed to.

Now why Hartdford won't allow this and take the money and fill a few hundred potholes with essentially free money is beyond me.

I know the mayor of hartford tried courting Lemieux back there to try to move the Pens there. Maybe they have plans to have a team again? In which case they'll whip out the whale? If i were them I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah the rumors have been swirling for a while about somebody bringing a team back into Hartford. While it would be pretty sweet to see the Whale back in the league, I don't think it'll happen. It's really not that ideal of an area for an NHL team; smack dab in the middle of the Rangers, Bruins and even Islanders. That franchise deserved a better fate than what it got.