Calling all Flyers experts. A tale of two jerseys

domestique

Which has the correct customization?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the correct Richards Jersey?

• A
    • B

To all Flyers experts.

I have two Richards jerseys (A being a Edge 54 1.0 and B being an Edge 52 2.0)

Which one was customized correctly?

p.s. sorry for the crappy phone pictures.

20120104_123426.jpg

20120104_123507.jpg\20120104_123444.jpg

78097915.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789219B309651A2344B3F1406AAD82B1E7591023C38CC0FB81349156D315E64D64AE1

78502579.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789219B309651A2344B3F8309F499301C085C818710767610FFD8CC78B8E726A7067C

I was thinking B as well, but am not a fan on how the nameplate bleeds over into the orange and white on the corners.

To me, both are wrong.

I think the second one has the right font style, its just too large

My link

The reason it overlaps is because the nameplate is placed too high. It looks as if the nameplate is sewn directly above the back seam of the jersey. On the gamers, the nameplates are sewn directly overtop the seam. Some more than others, depending on the length of the name. For example, JVR's nameplate is sewn much lower than Briere's because his would overlap if sewn in the same position

Edit - the more I look at it, I think the B is correct. But still sewn too high. Richards wore a 52 when he was on the Flyers and his nameplate never overlapped

B

I think A just became my new "wear to games" jersey as it is clearly wrong... and I no longer care about pulls. (Worst case I can always use it for Edge nameplate material as I have 3 blank Edge 2.0's that need done).

Thanks guys for confirming my suspicions.

Where did you get B done up?

Where did you get B done up?

Both were bought on ebay already done. I think the B was bought by "cityofwinners" (that is where I got most of my Edge 2.0 blanks from, but this one I think was already done).

cityofwinners told me before that EPS customizes his Flyers jerseys. This B jersey is consistant to what they have done to other Flyers jerseys I have seen on here that needed to be fixed.

cityofwinners told me before that EPS customizes his Flyers jerseys. This B jersey is consistant to what they have done to other Flyers jerseys I have seen on here that needed to be fixed.

I find it hard to believe EPS did B, since it's different than my Richards I got done by EPS.

I find it hard to believe EPS did B, since it's different than my Richards I got done by EPS.

Johnny it looks like your Richards has some bleed over too (top right corner).... just not as pronounced as mine.

HPIM1698.jpg

Actually Johnny, I don't think your letters are right (no disrespect) but look at the inside of the R, yours and my A jersey is longer and narrow ... But my B and the game worn pictures I have seen are shorter and more round (like a circle).

Here is a game worn jersey:

My link

2120646120057716040S425x425Q85.jpg

2428567900057716040S425x425Q85.jpg

2521601200057716040S425x425Q85.jpg

Yea I know, THAT'S what I was referring to, not the placement. The letters are wrong, but mine was also done by EPS. So....are they using two different font packages now?

That is a possibility. I had a new airknit nameplate made for my LeClair authentic from the early 2000's and EPS used the correct rectangular font for the R.

After seeing some of his Flyers jerseys on Ebay with the spot on fonts I sent cityofwinners a message asking him who customized his jerseys and EPS was the answer. The black and orange alternates he had up had perfect fonts and I had never seen that before.

I contacted EPS asking about the different fonts, hoping to hear a response by tomorrow. Just curious to see if he has access to the square ones and if it was just an oversight.