Autograph Removal From Twill

Some of you may remember me posting about my Wright 3rd jersey that was signed on the back number. I really did not like that fact it was signed and as soon as I got the jersey I started to explore how to remove the auto. After asking around I was told to check out Hockey Jimm's work. http://tinyurl.com/7qmtxt7 Seeing these great results on his site I decided to give his process a try. So here is the out come

Before treatment:

Beforetreatment.jpg

After the first treatment:

Step1.jpg

After the second treatment:

Step2.jpg

And finally the outcome after the third treatment!

Final.jpg

Wright%2525202003-2004%252520Game%252520Worn%2525203rd%252520Jersey%252520Back.JPG

There is no longer any sign of the auto on the twill. Jimm was a great guy to work with and did a great job. If you ever have an auto you want gone get in touch with him. http://www.hockeyjimm.com/

Hmmm... I have a signature on my 2009-2010 Flyers Team jersey that is pretty messy... I might consider trying to get it out and then have the guy re-sign it. Probably not, but still. That looks great.

And cue the jokes about getting all of the signatures out of the Flyers jersey...

Wow - I am quite impressed at the results. I would have just stripped and re-lettered the jersey, but I think this is a much better route.

Grats Bluejacket and stick-tap to Jimm!

did You send the jersey to him or just used his method? what exactly is his method?

You send the jersey to him. The service was $45 for a single auto + shipping.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have current contact info for Hockey Jimm, or anyone else who does signature removal? I tried his website but it seems to be no longer in existence. I have a gamer that had a customized autograph and I need at least the customized part removed. Or, does anyone have a good DIY method?

He has an account here and I think he logs in here from time to time so a PM might do the trick. If not you can find his email address directly from the gameworn.net forums as well.

Is there a good way to remove sharpie from a colored jersey. Not sure what the material it is. It's a reebok jersey but its not the 1.0 or 2.0 material. It stands out a lot more in person

A spray of goof off should probably do the trick but I dunno if it would affect that camo print. Probably not since its like perma-sublimated but Ive never done it.

There is a spot on the inside of the hem where it still has the print I can try it on to see if it effects the print I will have to pick some up and give it a shot

Thanks

Got the goof off today and attempted to remove that sharpie mark. It worked great. It came right off. I only used a couple drops at a time and in between I hit it with laundry soap under cold water. Took less than 10 minutes. Looks awesome. Thanks

Nice man, thats awesome. Its good stuff. I try to only spray it outside as the smell will linger for days. Works great on most regular clothes too for awful stains.

• 2 months later...

I know folks have used Goof Off on twill, and xspoilerx used it on a sublimated jersey, but what about just good old brightly colored airknit?

autograph_removal.jpg

Mine was a silver sharpie so I took one and actually marked the inside of the jersey on the hem and let it dry. I didn't get the spray bottle of goof off I got the little tin can one figured it would be more controllable than a spray . Once it was dry I tried to remove the mark I made on the hem and let that dry to make sue it wasn't going to affect the jersey. Maybe you are willing to try that if there is red to test it out on. When I did it I literally used drops of the stuff on a microfiber cloth and after I scrubbed the spot for a couple of seconds I hit it with laundry detergent and put it under cold water and the mark I made came right off and when it was dry I went after the actual mark I wanted to get rid of the same way worked great

Awesome - thanks for the update. I thought about testing inside the hem, but that's a great idea to use a sharpie on the test area as well.

Might as well give it a shot - sadly the auto is not the same player as the jersey, so I need to do something. I think it's dumb when people get a jersey signed, but extra dumb getting it signed by another player (and then don't mention any of this in the auction description). Granted the biggest dummy is me for not noticing until months later facepalm.gif

I see that a lot here where people are getting signitures of players that arent even on the jersey every game they raffle off a gamer so there are a lot of people who get gamers and they get it signed by every player that comes out of the locker room even from the other teams. some are so bad I don't think they have room for one more signature then you see them for sale on eBay or Craigslist but all they did was ruin the jersey. Shame.

Good luck with removing the autograph. Hope it works out

• 2 weeks later...

The other teams?!?!?! WTF? That is a shame. A shame that dildos like that are allowed out in public. Why the F would anyone do that?

Here is one this is a gamer that he had a bunch of autos on. He had it on eBay recently. Ill have to try to sneak some pictures of some of these jerseys when the season starts