Making jerseys from scratch

zilch

• 3 months later...

K so update on the jersey. Got really busy and still have not had time to work on it. I am no looking into getting the fight straps for them or making them, not sure what I should do. I saw a recent post about fight straps and the one on this jersey is kinda between the two that are offered on that Minnesota hockey site with a woven loop and velcro straps

http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/-strse-Tie-Down-fdsh-Fight-Straps/Categories.bok

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=759

I hope these links work

I'm not opposed to this. As long as you don't sell it claiming that it is an original. I've always been interested in creating a jersey that was never made like the Washington Capitals redesign that never happened. I don't have much details on the jersey other than what the crest was going to look like and a mock up that nhluniforms created. Don't even know where to start trying to recreate the prototype. I can't find a jersey pattern that matches what was in the nhluniforms mock up. I read in the Washington Post, the Caps contacted Tommy Hilfiger to help design their new look.

post-868-0-54178400-1337707672_thumb.png

Making a good version of the 1995-96 Nords jersey that was never released would be a great project too. Seen a lot of reproductions on Ebay that look horrible.

I would love to see a St. Louis Blues 95/96 3rd jersey that they never made.

I would love to see a St. Louis Blues 95/96 3rd jersey that they never made.

Same here but I think trying to recreate a dye sublimated jersey would be next to impossible.

Look around some web sites for uncrested jerseys before you go buying all that material. I was looking for a 1985 Wales Conference Pelle Lindbergh All Star jersey for over 20 years. I came across hockeyjerseysdirect.com and discovered they would sell a single jersey and I would not have to have 12 made up. They have quite a few different styles for sale...I found Truman from Gameday Sports archives and asked him if he could replicate the drop shadow "Wales" lettering on the front and he did such a great job I asked him to create the name and number kit for it as well...I found the ALL STAR shoulder patches on e-Bay and put everything together...It's not perfect but Im very happy with it. I dont consider it a "fake"... to me it's a tribute to the late Pelle Lindbergh and an honor to wear his jersey.

2615755650106460649SiKWSv_th.jpg

Awesome jersey. Is this a K1 jersey? I want to do the same jersey.

Awesome jersey. Is this a K1 jersey? I want to do the same jersey.

Thank you and Yep, it's a K1- I will let you know that the back numbers were smaller on the "gamer" but I think the larger numbers looked better so I asked for larger ones and I am happy with the decision. I have photos of the actual jersey and to me it looks "off."

I have the white one by K1 also and an old NHL crest laying around. I'm thinking of doing an Yzerman since its the Campbell Conference jersey from the St. Louis all star game in 1988 and I have the "arch" patch as well. I just have to find them now...

So 12'' back numbers, 4'' arm numbers? Also, what was the size of the letters? I've contacted Gamedaysports already and got a price for the kit. Just want to make sure on the sizing. Not sure where to find the shoulder crests except ebay, any other ideas?

If you want to do it to exact number size here is the photo of a gamer...

2205721630106460649iPKxge_th.jpg

As you can see, the numbers look too small, but thats how they wore them so its your choice. I like mine.

2962574060106460649QMjNoo_th.jpg

Same here but I think trying to recreate a dye sublimated jersey would be next to impossible.

We make sublimated jerseys; not very difficult, except for the licensing of the logo...

Every time I see the title of this thread I imagine someone in their basement in a lab coat making their own ultrafil.

Is Ultrafil or Durene still even manufactured by anyone, and if so, how hard would it be to replicate?

I just think it's a bit silly that all we have for throwbacks seems to be wool or mesh, when there are some really cool jerseys that would be awesome in a reproduced Durene fabric...

Marcelo, can you pull this one off with the Hockey East crest? SP has the blanks.

but.jpg

Sorry for the late response.

We would not reproduce the Hockey East logo without their consent; sorry.