Buying a CCCP Olympic team jersey?

metaphaze

Howdy,

I would like to purchase a CCCP Olympic team jersey. It does not need to have a players name or number on it, although that would be preferred if it had one of my favorite Russian players name on it.

That said, I refuse to buy fake garbage, and would prefer to steer clear of repos if possible.

Can you folks tell me what to look for to verify I'm not buying an international counterfeit?

Thanks,

Meta

well. since there are no official team jerseys for CCCP anywhere that you can probably afford( ONLY GAME WORNS EXIST!!!). for something like this. go with Lutch , who makes/made russian jerseys.

not sure what would be considered real to you unless its game worn. Not like communist russia jerseys were flying off shelves back in the day...(doubt they were even for sale)

can you post a pic of the jersey youre looking for?

I'm looking for any CCCP "Replica", officially recognized non-counterfeit Olympic jerseys. What I want to buy needs to be of investment quality, even though I realize the investment may not realize gains, but the possibility must exist for the purchase.

Made to the same specifications as the game worn jerseys, or as close as possible.

Before my kids I dropped a lot of money on hockey jerseys at games, and via honorable retailers. Back then there was little, if no doubt on what your buying. Now my kids are in to Dad's hobby, but I can't afford to buy from NHL shops, etc...I don't mind buying used, but I do mind buying fakes.

This whole thing is a mess now with Chinese knock offs, its making the sport of collecting sports memorabilia a joke.

Thanks,

Meta

Its not too bad, hang out here long enough and you can learn the ropes. There are deals to be had everywhere. Retail prices on authentic jerseys these days are crazy but most of us here never pay them. You can find Edge jerseys on sale for between $100-150 very often and you can get game issued jerseys for just over $200 a lot of the time. You just have to be crafty.

meta... can you please post a picture of the jersey you are looking for so we can help you out?

must it be CCCP ?? what about Russia? because there are NO AUTHENTIC/REPLICA CCCP JERSEYS AVAILABLE FOR RETAIL that have pro specs as far as materials that CCCP jerseys used that I know of.. LUTCH is a company to look for CCCP jerseys from . but other than that there are game worns and thats all youll be able to get. As far as I know, CCCP jerseys werent made for retail sale.

lutch makes good reproduction versions

OK cool managed to find another as well, might pick one up like the design but both are too big for me!

I bought it, hope it turns out to br similar to the real thing...WOW! our exchange rate sucks...Hope this is worthy of posting pics to the "I received thread".

Im usually the one worrying about exchange rates and stuff don't find too many good jerseys in the uk, I'm contemplating buying the other off eBay atm luckily it's in the uk :)

it looks like a real Lutch jersey from what i can tell. not sure why you bought one from the UK as there are many distributors and actually lutch cccp jerseys on usa ebay.

its not going to be made out of the same material as the old cccp jerseys no. but it will still be a quality peice.

I bought it from the UK because the link was posted, and I didn't realize it was from the UK. After reading the history on the player, I really liked the jersey. I guess it should have the name in Cyrillic, not English.

When you say there are actual Lutch CCCP jerseys on eBay, are you saying this is not a Lutch jersey?

If it is a quality piece, I will be happy, that said did I over pay (75$) to own it?

Having owned real CCCP gamers back in the 90's I can say by reading your post you wouldn't want one. They are super thin, all sublimated & screened, beat to hell and super stinky! They wore them to death and never washed them. Somne smelled so bad that you couldn't get the reek out no matter how many times you washed them in Frebreeze. One of them stunk my garage up for a month. It was like the Seinfield episode.

get a replica or have one the the repo companies make you one.

They wore them to death and never washed them. Somne smelled so bad that you couldn't get the reek out no matter how many times you washed them in Frebreeze. One of them stunk my garage up for a month. It was like the Seinfield episode.

I know someone who's whole household got "travelers disease" from a Soviet hockey jersey's cooties!

• 2 weeks later...

Having owned real CCCP gamers back in the 90's I can say by reading your post you wouldn't want one. They are super thin, all sublimated & screened, beat to hell and super stinky! They wore them to death and never washed them. Somne smelled so bad that you couldn't get the reek out no matter how many times you washed them in Frebreeze. One of them stunk my garage up for a month. It was like the Seinfield episode.

get a replica or have one the the repo companies make you one.

If I'm not mistaken, the main reason for the stench was the lack of new equiptment over there during the early 90's. Equipment costs money and the players wore the same old shoulder pads year in year out till they basically rotted. Im sure they tried to wash the jerseys but to no avail...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about the 1980 CCCP jerseys. Where they dye sublimated or where the letters and numbers sewn on twill?