New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man beautiful Kimmo Rob, love it. I contemplated getting one of his gamers during the holliday sale back in November.

Recently picked up a game issued jersey of my favorite player, not exactly sure why he still remains one of my favorites but i loved his grit and was pissed when the Flyers traded him..

2273201000105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2940505220105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

Cool thing is it has a black heavy velcro looking thing sewn on the inside of the neck directly behind the NHL shield for extra reinforcement.

very nice richards. unfortunate for us people that wear size 46 that customization always look so crammed.

Thanks. Yes, it's an unforgiving hobby for some of us, lol.

Here's what I came home with from the Expo. They saw we were Flyers fans when we walked in and picked us out Flyers jerseys, I managed to trade mine to a fellow boardy for a 52, just my size...think I'm at like 6 of these now lol:

HPIM3153.jpg

Here are 3 I ordered a few weeks ago and just picked up to satisfy my need for 2012 authentics...for the most part. These replace retail for me lol. All are game issued, all are 52, all will be stripped. First up we have my future LeClair Alumni game and Couturier:

HPIM3154.jpg

HPIM3156.jpg

This one will be, surprise, a Giroux. In my defense this is the smallest Giroux-planned percentage of a haul I've had in ages haha.

HPIM3155.jpg

You got some time homie, now I'm broke hahaha. I'm in no rush to do anything now, need a job first. Just wanted to procure these...twas my self-graduation gift.

Did anyone get one of those black flyers 2.0s in a 56 or 54? PM if youd like to sell it.

Here's what I came home with from the Expo. They saw we were Flyers fans when we walked in and picked us out Flyers jerseys, I managed to trade mine to a fellow boardy for a 52, just my size...think I'm at like 6 of these now lol:

I don't wanna start the debate up again, but I do have a question.

Am I the only one that kind of digs seeing unusual names and numbers of training camp/development camp types on NHL jerseys? I kind of like that, issued or not. They're so much more interesting than the 10,000th Giroux out there.

Please don't let it go anywhere beyond the question itself....the jerseys are the owners to do whatever and we all agree that issued are more or less retail for many of you, etc and so forth.

I don't wanna start the debate up again, but I do have a question.

Am I the only one that kind of digs seeing unusual names and numbers of training camp/development camp types on NHL jerseys? I kind of like that, issued or not. They're so much more interesting than the 10,000th Giroux out there.

Please don't let it go anywhere beyond the question itself....the jerseys are the owners to do whatever and we all agree that issued are more or less retail for many of you, etc and so forth.

I understand your point, but my point is...I get a quirky game issued guy that never played in the NHL on my jersey and that's all I can get since they don't make retail authentics anymore. So I either get to enjoy my Akeson jersey or nothing at all.

And for the record, it won't be the "1,000th Giroux out there," how many people can you name that have a properly customized authentic 2.0 Giroux? I know when I go to the games, I stand out. And I'll be standing out for all the wrong reasons by rockin' my beautiful new Kyle Wellwood jersey.

I'm clearly being a bit sarcastic, but it bugs me to have to defend myself. If Reebok released them...it'd be a moot point since I've literally never owned a GI until this year, regardless of it being easier to find the jersey. And I feel like I'm exercising my best possible option to get a 2011-12 jersey when there is literally no alternative. If I had a recourse available, I'd be using it.

And very lastly, last thing I'm doing is spending $225 of my limited unemployed money to wear a freakin' Akeson jersey to a game.

I understand your point, but my point is...I get a quirky game issued guy that never played in the NHL on my jersey and that's all I can get since they don't make retail authentics anymore. So I either get to enjoy my Akeson jersey or nothing at all.

And for the record, it won't be the "1,000th Giroux out there," how many people can you name that have a properly customized authentic 2.0 Giroux? I know when I go to the games, I stand out. And I'll be standing out for all the wrong reasons by rockin' my beautiful new Kyle Wellwood jersey.

I'm clearly being a bit sarcastic, but it bugs me to have to defend myself. If Reebok released them...it'd be a moot point since I've literally never owned a GI until this year, regardless of it being easier to find the jersey. And I feel like I'm exercising my best possible option to get a 2011-12 jersey when there is literally no alternative. If I had a recourse available, I'd be using it.

And very lastly, last thing I'm doing is spending $225 of my limited unemployed money to wear a freakin' Akeson jersey to a game.

I see nothing wrong with stripping a Game Issued jersey if it's the only way to get a hold of an Edge 2.0. Which seems to be the case for a lot of teams. This has been debated over and over again so I won't go any further than that.

Also, Eric Wellwood?

Derp, I was thinking about donuts and said Kyle, my bad. It's weird but in my head Kyle sounds younger than Eric so I always mix their names up.

It's not even that it's the only way to get a 2.0, it's the only way to get a freakin' halfway decent jersey. I'd be happy with a 1.0, hell I prefer them, but they're not even available. I looked into swiping the Wordmark for the Vector and everything, I'm screwed. I didn't want to go this route, but otherwise I'd have no jersey to put my Howe patch on, no jersey to make into a LeClair alumni game jersey, and no recourse for a Couturier jersey.

And I feel like I'm exercising my best possible option to get a 2011-12 jersey when there is literally no alternative. If I had a recourse available, I'd be using it.

I hear what you're saying, and agree completely. It's nice that you are able to make good use of a GI so you can have a truly authentic 2011/12 jersey for your own use. People like me (size 46 - 50) can't even get a GI to wear- that really sucks...

I'm not asking anyone to defend anything. I don't know how I could possibly have made that more clear.

I'm simply asking if I'm the only one who likes the quirkiness, the uniqueness, of not being one of many similar jerseys, ultra-correct customization notwithstanding.

IMO, all these types of guys have a story and a part in the organization. That's interesting to me as a collector. While I understand being proud of having the right jersey, the correct customization and so forth, it's still just one more of a certain popular player in the hobby. It dilutes things. Sooner or later, it feels like every issued jersey of one team or another is gonna end up being made up of two or three players and that's kind of sad to me.

I'm just wondering aloud here if I'm alone in this way of thinking.

I respect both opinions or sides of the stripping a GI jersey. There may be collectors like Wooten who may choose to wear obscure players jerseys to games or events and have more respect for the history of the jersey itself. But, I would say that those collectors are in the minority. Current blank Flyers 2.0's and many other teams 2.0's are impossible to get. So it leaves us one option which is stripping GI's. Let's remember that these GI jerseys are available for purchase by the player, players family, or fan of the player. If they are not grabbed up by the player to preserve his own history with the team, then they will be used to create popular team players by collectors. I have considered doing it myself but it takes a lot of work and extra $ to get it done. So I support this fully.

I'm not asking anyone to defend anything. I don't know how I could possibly have made that more clear.

I'm simply asking if I'm the only one who likes the quirkiness, the uniqueness, of not being one of many similar jerseys, ultra-correct customization notwithstanding.

IMO, all these types of guys have a story and a part in the organization. That's interesting to me as a collector. While I understand being proud of having the right jersey, the correct customization and so forth, it's still just one more of a certain popular player in the hobby. It dilutes things. Sooner or later, it feels like every issued jersey of one team or another is gonna end up being made up of two or three players and that's kind of sad to me.

I'm just wondering aloud here if I'm alone in this way of thinking.

You know where I stand on this John. All you have to do is look at my collection of misfits. :D

I would take a no name game issued jerseys over a game issued that was stripped and turned into a Nash any day.

For me I would always keep a Blue Jackets game issued jersey the same because they are so had to come by, but it does seem that some teams have a high number of game issued jerseys out there and that kind of dilutes that whole thing.

I get cranky late at night lol, my apologies. I'll put it this way. To me, a game issued jersey, for ANY player, is just a customized authentic. It has no increased value, it never even looked at the player, and was never used. I'm in probably the uber-minority that sees no respect for a game issued jersey. If I was offered a Giroux GI, it'd be meaningless to me because it's just a customized authentic.

Now a game-worn jersey, worn in preseason or anything, has value, and I'd never screw with that. So I could see wearing the aforementioned Wellwood were it game used, because then it definitely has some obscure value. But in reality, I could make any of these game issueds and they'd be just as accurate as buying one from Meigray...because they themselves have no value simply from being prepared for a player.

I'd never yell at someone for having the opposite opinion as me on this, I just got defensive because I knew this was going to end up going down the respecting the hobby road. And I respect the hobby enough to not put Couturier on a Reebok Vector jersey, and you all made me like that, so I don't even want to hear it lol.

"Oh look, a sleeping dragon..." **poke**

Dude, don't bring up the gameworn debate again, please. This game issued debate is fine since it's really an argument of value, not necessarily destroying the sanctity of things people really care about...you don't want to start this debate again, trust me. If you must, just start a new thread so I can avoid it because it's a bedlam lol.

As a disclaimer, I'm strictly talking about stripping GIs.

Lol, Time for anybody here to Repost a picture of a jersey, new or old, and lets all pretend it's a new arrival :thumbsup:

Or, we can do it this way. In regards to Wootens point, Yes, I think there is something uniquely cool about some of the quirky players.

I think it's a lot of the time the jersey that gets way more attention.

Try walking into Rogers Arena in Vancouver wearing a Lafayette jersey and not hearing about the 94 finals hitting the post.

There's something nostalgic about non superstar players that people identify with, especially when it takes them back to a magical moment.

Now, if we start talking about names like Steve Kariya, Fedor Fedorov, or Artem Chubarov for the Canucks, people start asking questions if you are out rocking those jersey as there simply were NO magical moments to remember :wacko:

Lol, Time for anybody here to Repost a picture of a jersey, new or old, and lets all pretend it's a new arrival :thumbsup:

Just got this in ... customization seems a little off, but I think I got a steal only paying $100 for it :P

KovalevCrayon.jpg

Oh man, I just got a Kovalev jersey in the mail, and I hope it looks as good as that one!

You got it? Did you even open it yet lol?