New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Believe it or not i have no issue tripping a game issued jersey, i have never done it but if someone does do it i can sort of see why.

But a development camp jersey is not a game issued jersey in my eyes. I won't rehash the entire argument because i was the central part of the argument but i agree with John I personally rather have a quirky player on my game issued then a Star player we see 10000 times.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That customization looks like it should be on the side of a train car in Camden NJ. Nice pick up man!

You got it? Did you even open it yet lol?

Nope, it's still sitting on the stairs with my 2nd Yankees TBTC jersey lol. I'll open it when I get home from work.

Just got this in ... customization seems a little off, but I think I got a steal only paying $100 for it :P

KovalevCrayon.jpg

You picked that up from the MeiGray sale, no?

;)

Believe it or not i have no issue tripping a game issued jersey, i have never done it but if someone does do it i can sort of see why.

But a development camp jersey is not a game issued jersey in my eyes. I won't rehash the entire argument because i was the central part of the argument but i agree with John I personally rather have a quirky player on my game issued then a Star player we see 10000 times.

I didn't think you would to be honest. I hope it's clear that these are all game issued...they've never been worn. They're not development camp, preseason, anything....I wouldn't touch them.

I'd also, lastly, like to say that I understand the joy of a quirky jersey, but when there is literally no alternative...that is when I have to go the game issued route. It's fun and cute and all to wear an obscure player, but it's also totally fine to want to enjoy a jersey of your favorite players, which I otherwise could not do. And lastly, do you know why you see 10,000 Girouxs and no Jussi Timonens? Because people like players that don't stink. I have my weird liking of random players, but it's a novelty. It's like the goths of hockey jerseys, "just trying to be different" lol.

It's like the goths of hockey jerseys, "just trying to be different" lol.

But if you keep obscure players, you can go the hipster route! ("Oh, I liked the player before he was an AHL star)

Nope, it's still sitting on the stairs with my 2nd Yankees TBTC jersey lol. I'll open it when I get home from work.

Dude! Open your jerseys! I practically sit outside waiting for Josh (USPS) or Pat (UPS) to deliver my jerseys when I know they are coming and they are opened by the time I get back inside!

I too fall in the " stripping preseason/random game=bad; stripping GI=OK" camp. Some of these aren't even GI for playing in the NHL, some are just GI for prospect camps and other lower level events. (Meigray has a bunch of Predators jerseys that were GI for the prospect tournaments... who cares at that point, if it was never worn?)

I didn't think you would to be honest. I hope it's clear that these are all game issued...they've never been worn. They're not development camp, preseason, anything....I wouldn't touch them.

I'd also, lastly, like to say that I understand the joy of a quirky jersey, but when there is literally no alternative...that is when I have to go the game issued route. It's fun and cute and all to wear an obscure player, but it's also totally fine to want to enjoy a jersey of your favorite players, which I otherwise could not do. And lastly, do you know why you see 10,000 Girouxs and no Jussi Timonens? Because people like players that don't stink. I have my weird liking of random players, but it's a novelty. It's like the goths of hockey jerseys, "just trying to be different" lol.

Oh sure pick on Jussi Timonen.... :angry:

Back on topic here. Shout out to Hockeymusic for the patch. It's really tough to find decent looking memories and dreams patch's these days.

2302767040105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2663796160105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

Oh sure pick on Jussi Timonen.... :angry:

Lol what's your connection with Jussi Timonen???

Lol what's your connection with Jussi Timonen???

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I actually do have a connection to him.

I was an intern for the Flyers during the 2007 season (ugh, such a bad season). But I worked the Flyers Carnival that year, and I worked a game booth that was coupled with Jussi Timonen's autograph (and another guy, I forget who).

Funny enough, everyone kept asking him if Kimmo was coming to the Flyers and to tell him to come and bla bla bla. And at one point he turns to me and goes "Do people really think that I can tell them he's already decided to come here this summer?" And I was like "Wait, so he is?" And he was like "Forget I said that." and started laughing.

Saw Jussi a few more times after that during my internship. He was always really nice and said hello.

Ah... that internship was the best.

Lol that's a pretty awesome connection/story. I wasn't picking on Jussi Timonen, he just popped into my head as a random, lackluster Flyer.

Minnesota Wild, Edge 2.0

3534m6s.jpg

dxk76t.jpg

First time I've even seen a 2.0 in real life. The material on the front of the jersey seems real... rough. Idk how to describe it haha. It's a 56 and I normally wear a 52 in Edge 1.0, but it actually fits really dang nice (the sleeves are kind wide that's it). Feels strange after being so used to 1.0

Just back from DA this week. I know it's not quite right to have the '01 patch on the Starter Mesh, '96 SC patch would have been more accurate (though this isn't a '95-'96 Starter either) but I can only afford one white Sakic authentic, and '01 is the cup I remember the most, so the magic from 2001 lives on with this jersey for me.

IMG_3064.jpg

Dig the sweet nameplate.

IMG_3062.jpg

Dig it.

rsz_1img_3074.jpgrsz_img_3073.jpg

1989 East Germany Torsten Hanusch jersey. This jersey was worn in the 1989 World Championships B Pool, Hanusch's only appearance for the East German National Team. A defenseman. he played from 1989-90 to 2003-04, all in Germany.

2550565590100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2745767070100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Now THAT is killer. I love those old blank East German jerseys. I've always found it perplexing that an administration of communists, most notably the Soviets, would outfit their players in red, white and blue uniforms.

Got this in the mail today and will be looking to sell or trade it. If anyone is interested you can PM me. I bought it based on one photo and a good price hoping it would be a size 54 or bigger, but it turned out to be a 48. :cry:

P1010648.JPG

I got these in the mail this week. The jersey has the airknit front panal. The patch I got from xahlgoalie off of ebay.

2687079380107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2013995570107003020S600x600Q85.jpg