New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Thank you. Do you know who does the lettering?

Nope. The patch inside is a certification from the Sharks trainer that it was game worn, but no clues as to who does the numbering or lettering.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of gamers.

Rinaldo only wore this one once, and not in the Winter Classic. But he fought Brandon Dubinsky in it. If you look up the fight, you can see how the stitching got torn on the back numbers. (http://www.hockeyfig...m/fights/109764)

4ca1fa0e.jpg

239ca65b.jpg

Now it is possible, but I can't confirm this yet because I haven't done the homework, that Dubinsky was wearing this one, but Steiner didn't identify the set or games that it was worn, beyond that it is a 2011-12 gamer. It does have a fair bit of wear. The big slash on the back seems like something Rinaldo would have done, LOL.

8d5f436d.jpg

646ac0b8.jpg

They didn't identify the time period it was worn in? I'm shocked!!! Shocked I say!!

Why does the white on the Flyers one look whiter than the Winter Classic one? Is that just my effed up vision kicking in?

That is awesome man sweet pick up.

That Rinaldo is spiffy. Any proof of a patch removal on it?

That Rinaldo is spiffy. Any proof of a patch removal on it?

Thanks!

It is hard to spot on the shoulder and they seem to have done a good job, but there's a fait bit of a line that I'd bet if I laid a patch across the shoulder would match up.

That was my first thought too. The Rangers covered up the patch with material. Perhaps the Flyers just removed it all together OR used an un-patched set.

Or, just smell like poo. That's the one my money is on.

Not new per se, but i's likes it a lot.

tumblr_m7bwi3Jj1m1rbryi4o2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7bwi3Jj1m1rbryi4o5_r1_1280.jpg

You can't see the SCF patch on the shoulder but I assure you we're open it's there.

Thanks!

It is hard to spot on the shoulder and they seem to have done a good job, but there's a fait bit of a line that I'd bet if I laid a patch across the shoulder would match up.

Got it, thanks. Enjoy it homie, that thing's just as rare as the WC one since it was only worn for a game. It's cool you got some decent wear out of it too.

That was my first thought too. The Rangers covered up the patch with material. Perhaps the Flyers just removed it all together OR used an un-patched set.

Or, just smell like poo. That's the one my money is on.

Yea I remember the awkward bulginess of the Rangers jerseys, so I made sure to pay special attention when the Flyers wore these and didn't notice anything. Was kind of hoping I'd get the chance to make the cover up patch since I found it pretty awesome.

I'm sure that wasn't the only time you've been checking out awkward bulginess, was it? HARRRRRRR!!

That Rinaldo is from an un-patched set they wore on 2/11/12. They were auctioned off by MeiGray and NHL auctions. I guess they are just known as retro style set.

That Rinaldo is from an un-patched set they wore on 2/11/12. They were auctioned off by MeiGray and NHL auctions. I guess they are just known as retro style set.

It's possible that the line was made by Dubinsky's beak then.

But yes, that's where I obtained the jersey.

I love this board...there is nothing but Flyers/Rangers jerseys on this page and everyone is getting along just swell!

The customization patch in the Rinaldo is cool. I have two Philly gamers from this past season and they don't have anything but the meigray patch.

Please don't make posts about new arrivals without pictures. Just wait until you can show us. Thanks.

Now THAT is killer. I love those old blank East German jerseys. I've always found it perplexing that an administration of communists, most notably the Soviets, would outfit their players in red, white and blue uniforms.

Thanks for noticing perhaps one of the rarest jerseys you will ever see. For the rest of you who decided to not appreciate the rarity of that jersey and instead had yet another East Coast Flyers/Rangers jersey orgy, I'm going to give you another chance. :P

Here is my other East Germany jersey, also from 1989, and worn by Jens Feller. Oddly, this one has the sleeve stripes and numbers lower to leave room for the sponsorship patches, which the other one does not have, even though the stats for both players show the 1989 World Championships B Pool as their only national team appearances, so you'd think they'd be the same...

2726964050100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2539619480100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Sweet jersey Jeff! That thing is very unique.

Some new ones of my own...

2549035360105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2565895200105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2566450700105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

This next one i was super excited to get my hands on, cant wait to strip it and double patch it...

2749961630105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2263485480105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

Also just got around to taking pictures of this one i picked up from OrangeBlitz awhile back, thanks for working out a deal with me. Couldnt be happier..

2645632560105708903S500x500Q85.jpg

2009212000105708903S500x500Q85.jpg