New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

A WORD OF CAUTION:

You should note that the name letters are sewn through the nameplate into the jersey. Standard practice is to sew the letters to the nameplate and then sew the nameplate to the jersey. Exception: Detrioit Red Wings where the name letters are directly sewn into the back of the jersey with no nameplate.

There is no nameplate on the jersey; Ic0dex already mentioned that.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, that is the same guy that I got a white Flames MacInnis from recently. It also had no nameplate, but I stripped it and all of the letters and numbers came off very clean. There was a slight but a yellow left of the jersey where some of the middle letters in MacInnis were, but it is very faint and it will be covered with a nameplate anyway. I'd take pics, but it's on its way to EPS as we speak.

Then how did you get pictures of a jersey from an auction that hadn't even ended yet?

My link

I live in Sherman Oaks CA and the collector lives in Glendale CA which is about a 20 min. drive. As soon as he posted the jersey up I emailed him and Zo0o0m I went to buy the jersey. Look bud if you want to investigate get your facts straight, the guy posted his listing around 2:10 Pm PST and I emailed him at 2:24 Pm PST I posted this message:

at 3:14 Pm PST when I was leaving my house to pick the jersey up, then I got back home and posted the jersey. Now as far as you trying to accuse me of stealing peoples pictures and posting as mine is not cool at all pal. You just made yourself look like an a##. Also how can you say I used the sellers pictures when his pictures don't look nothing like my pictures?

My Pictures of the jersey that I took:

IMG_1222.jpg

And here is the eBay listing of the jersey with the sellers pictures.

Not cool man not cool at all. Also sorry for the big post I just had to explain myself to him.

FWIW, that is the same guy that I got a white Flames MacInnis from recently. It also had no nameplate, but I stripped it and all of the letters and numbers came off very clean. There was a slight but a yellow left of the jersey where some of the middle letters in MacInnis were, but it is very faint and it will be covered with a nameplate anyway. I'd take pics, but it's on its way to EPS as we speak.

He's a great guy, the reason he does not have nameplates is because his mistress was doing all the cresting and they probably did not have the nameplate metrical. Also he was friends with the LA Kings equipment manger and that's how he got all of his signatures, he has a lot of Gretzky memorabilia too. He's going to email me a list of all the jerseys he has left from the 90's and I'll let you guys know what's on the list. The guy is on dialysis so I think he needs money and that's why he's selling all of his stuff. Did your jersey have a signature on it?

I live in Sherman Oaks CA and the collector lives in Glendale CA which is about a 20 min. drive. As soon as he posted the jersey up I emailed him and Zo0o0m I went to buy the jersey. Look bud if you want to investigate get your facts straight, the guy posted his listing around 2:10 Pm PST and I emailed him at 2:24 Pm PST I posted this message:

at 3:14 Pm PST when I was leaving my house to pick the jersey up, then I got back home and posted the jersey. Now as far as you trying to accuse me of stealing peoples pictures and posting as mine is not cool at all pal. You just made yourself look like an a##. Also how can you say I used the sellers pictures when his pictures don't look nothing like my pictures?

Not cool man not cool at all. Also sorry for the big post I just had to explain myself to him.

Hey...where do I accuse you of stealing pictures? I was just trying to figure out how the hell you can post pictures of a jersey that was still listed!

Nope. I'm not buying it. Any chance you could provide gas receipts, toll vouchers, gps tracking from your Onstar account, or possibly traffic camera footage of the actual trip to buy the jersey?

Also soil samples from your shoes to be verified by an independent lab to actually prove you were in Glendale, CA would be helpful.

Until then, I say to you sir, your story is fishy as a tuna boat in July.

Good day sir.

Brilliant edit: DO NOT edit my edit. The language will not be tolerated at all. This is your one and only warning.

Edited by Brilliant!

Rob, to answer your question, the jersey was worn during the US Olympic team's regular season and into the 1972 Olympic tournament in Sapporo, Japan. Our boys surprised the world by winning the silver medal that year and one Craig Sarner wore this jersey throughout. He led the Americans in scoring too with 4 goals and 5 assists in those 5 tourney games. Depending on which sweater was worn in the final game, Craig's silver medal may have hung over this jersey. It is easily the nicest and rarest piece in my collection now and I cannot thank Anthony(IIHF....) enough for A: parting with it and B: actually letting me have it.

Rob, to answer your question, the jersey was worn during the US Olympic team's regular season and into the 1972 Olympic tournament in Sapporo, Japan. Our boys surprised the world by winning the silver medal that year and one Craig Sarner wore this jersey throughout. He led the Americans in scoring too with 4 goals and 5 assists in those 5 tourney games. Depending on which sweater was worn in the final game, Craig's silver medal may have hung over this jersey. It is easily the nicest and rarest piece in my collection now and I cannot thank Anthony(IIHF....) enough for A: parting with it and B: actually letting me have it.

Was that the one on Craigslist Vegas? Looks sweet, didn't have the $ for it myself.

Yes sir, it is. I didn't have it at the time either but I really thought it was a fair price considering what it is. In fact, the price made me somewhat skeptical at first. I'm fairly confident in it's authenticity now though. I have some homework to do on it but I do think I'm in good shape.

Picked up the Panthers jersey from the post office at 5.40 PM and it looks awesome! Big thanks to Ic0dex, who sold me the jersey. You have taken very good care of it.

Pictures coming tomorrow.

It is absolutely gorgeous! Epic Mike, Epic.

1972 team USA?!?! Holy Crappola Batman!

Wow Mike! I think you where only like 40 then right?!?! :thumbsup:

Talk about old school man! Great pickup!

what about that missing NHL shield on the nolan shark jersey...anyone know why that is ?

I got it from another collector, its a prototype ultrafil jersey. The Sharks never wore ultrafil. Why are you so concerned?

Do you ever have anything to share? You have Puckboy status.