New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

nice! Is that a size 54? I think that was originally my jersey .

Yup I'm the 3rd person to own it :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got news for ya bud, if I paid for a Bobby Orr jersey and wanted to clean my car my car with it I'm gonna clean my ###### car with it. With that said, that's the worst analogy I've ever seen, who in the their right mind would pay thousands for something to clean their car with when you can get a pack of microfibers for $25!

He paid for it, he owns it, he can do what he wants with it so let it be.

GAME.SET.MATCH. Well said sir. I also take offence to the "People who have been collecting longer comment" Weither a person collects for 10 minutes or 10 years, it still doesnt change the fact that the jersey belongs to who purchased it.

Crush nailed it above man. Its yours. Do what you want. This hobby isn't always about what others think, its what YOU think to make of it. Anyone who goes on a rant like that has their own issues. Saying he is what is wrong with the hobby makes me sick to my stomach. Elitest opinions are just that....opinions.

What exactly are my issues? That i care about the hobby i have invested a large chunk of my life in? That i think we have amoral obligation as collectors to preserve hockey history. it is easy to be a new collector and just throw out opinions. My opinion is not to protect my own interest it is to preserve hockey history. You guys may think cause you shelled out 200$ or 200000$ it gives you the right to whip your arse with history but it does not. If you think it does you are in the wrong hobby. I am very passionate about this hobby and the game of hockey. I think i am a very respected member of the community. If you guys think that i am full of crap thats fine go ahead and post nonsense but if you take the time to think about it you can only come to one conclusion and thats that stripping gamers is wrong.

If you guys only knew how many 80's nike oilers have been stripped to make Gretzkys you would freak. Guys like Randy Gregg, Charlie Huddy and even a few big name players were stripped so people can have a Gretzky. Let's forget the fact that these people altered history for a second they also created fake Gretzky some of which have sold to unsuspecting buyers for thousands of dollars. It's plain wrong guys if you don't see t then you don't see it but i won't shut up about it sorry and i i won't pretend i thnk it's ok cause it's not.

I got news for ya bud, if I paid for a Bobby Orr jersey and wanted to clean my car my car with it I'm gonna clean my ###### car with it. With that said, that's the worst analogy I've ever seen, who in their right mind would pay thousands for something to clean their car with when you can get a pack of microfibers for $25!

He paid for it, he owns it, he can do what he wants with it so let it be.

i respectfully disagree and i think this way of thinking is counter productive to the hobby and i never said it was illegal to burn a flag , i said it is a symbol and i wouldn't feel any better about burning a flag because of what it symbolizes.

I only mention this because I think you would want to know, but the "A" on the Kopitar would normally be italicized and with rounded corners, and the bands between the layers on the back numbers are much wider than they should be. Otherwise, love it!

I'm practically drooling at those 2 blank white Kings. Wish one of them was a 44...

I know about the "A" and I can care less about how wide the layers are it still looks sweet. I go to plenty of Kings games and I hardley see anyone with a jersey like that. Now for the 90's I'm on a roll. I have 3 blanks and I'm going to put Luc Robitaille, Tony Granato and I have to have a Marty McSorley. Then as we go along we will add more players to my Kings closet :)

What exactly are my issues? That i care about the hobby i have invested a large chunk of my life in? That i think we have amoral obligation as collectors to preserve hockey history. it is easy to be a new collector and just throw out opinions. My opinion is not to protect my own interest it is to preserve hockey history. You guys may think cause you shelled out 200$ or 200000$ it gives you the right to whip your arse with history but it does not. If you think it does yoga re in the wrong hobby. I am very passionate about this hobby and the game of hockey. I think i am a very respected member of the community. If you guys think that i am full of crap thats fine go ahead and post nonsense but if you take the time to think about it you can only come to one conclusion and thats that stripping gamers is wrong.

If you guys only knew how many 80's nike oilers have been stripped to make Gretzkys you would freak. Guys like Randy Gregg, Charlie Huddy and even a few big name players were stripped so people can have a Gretzky. Let's forget the fact that these people altered history for a second they also created fake Gretzky some of which have sold to unsuspecting buyers for thousands of dollars. It's plain wrong guys if you don't see t then you don't see it but i won't shut up about it sorry and i i won't pretend it hunk it's ok cause it's not.

I dont recall anyone here asking for a "jersey savior superhero-guy' get over yourself. To say that someone else "doesnt care" because they dont agree with YOUR views is rediculous.

Its easy to be a new collector and just "throw out opinions" I am new HERE. I also pretty much keep to myself and try to learn what I can...but your logic is flawed...I dont have a gamer that I intend to strip, but if I did...its MY BUSINESS. Wrong or right...it would be MY call and I would have the right to make that choice.

These are nice but the font of the name is too big, it's from the pre-edge era. And the 'A' is wrong unfortunately. As far as I know, only IceJerseys and EPS do the Kings 'A' right.

I'll find the right "A" and I'll get a nameplate for this baby.

what if it was your sons jersey?

If you buy a game worn jersey it is not yours to do with it as you please

if you collect jersey you love hockey and your job is to protect them.

If you buy it does not mean you can do what you want with it.

I can't stand the argument of "what if the player who wore it wants to buy his only jersey back some day" (or his son, or daughter, or whatever)....if his freakin jersey is so special to him or his family, they should have kept it from the start. If anyone can afford to buy an NHL game worn jersey, it's the player themselves.

I can certainly appreciate where you're coming from, George, but you're going WAAAY overboard on this...not to mention the idea of suggesting Mike should just use his USA jersey as a dish cloth or car chamois 'cause someone wants to take a no-name semi-common, potentially never worn game-issued jersey into something else.

Like it or not, there are two realities here -

1. Whomever buys whatever jersey, can do whatever they want with it, period....no matter how much you protest or think it's wrong

2. People are going to see both sides of this coin; some who think it's blasphemy and others who think it's ok

This is definitely one of those arguments that needs to be squashed.

Like i said earlier i am passionate about this hobby as a collector i think it is our responsibility to preserve these jerseys, if this make me "elitest" that is fine. I love the hobby i have given a large part of my adult life collecting what i believe to be hockey history. Now i don't claim to be the moral police , i am simply a collector who loves the hobby and will try to preserve it for all to enjoy. I have seen many many cases of gamers being stripped and i think it is a black eye to the hobby. I won't back down from my argument i think it is wrong, if people think i am a-hole for that i can live with that. Just block me or ignore me. if people think i am going to shut up about protecting and preserving hockey history they are wrong. My comments to Mike were tongue and cheek.

I will never agree with the thinking that because you bought a gamer you can do what you want to it. I love the hobby and i care about it, call em like i see em, stripping gamers is wrong.

I also dont mean any disrespect to anyone on this forum. Weither I agree or do not agree personally about the whole "stripping" issue is a moot point. My point was simply the post was harsh to Blitz, who I consider a friend. I have met some amazing people on this board...he didnt meen to ruffle any feathers by posting what he wanted to do. We can state our opinions here without being so disrespectful to our fellow members. Thats where I was going.

i respectfully disagree

No, you don't. Everyone is taking issue with you not because of your opinion, but how you are trying to ram it straight down everyone's throats regardless of their opinions.

What exactly are my issues? That i care about the hobby i have invested a large chunk of my life in? That i think we have amoral obligation as collectors to preserve hockey history. it is easy to be a new collector and just throw out opinions. My opinion is not to protect my own interest it is to preserve hockey history. You guys may think cause you shelled out 200$ or 200000$ it gives you the right to whip your arse with history but it does not. If you think it does you are in the wrong hobby. I am very passionate about this hobby and the game of hockey. I think i am a very respected member of the community. If you guys think that i am full of crap thats fine go ahead and post nonsense but if you take the time to think about it you can only come to one conclusion and thats that stripping gamers is wrong.

If you guys only knew how many 80's nike oilers have been stripped to make Gretzkys you would freak. Guys like Randy Gregg, Charlie Huddy and even a few big name players were stripped so people can have a Gretzky. Let's forget the fact that these people altered history for a second they also created fake Gretzky some of which have sold to unsuspecting buyers for thousands of dollars. It's plain wrong guys if you don't see t then you don't see it but i won't shut up about it sorry and i i won't pretend i thnk it's ok cause it's not.

I just took the time to think about it. The conclusion I came to is you need to get out of the house a bit more.

No, you don't. Everyone is taking issue with you not because of your opinion, but how you are trying to ram it straight down everyone's throats regardless of their opinions.

Exactly....there has been nothing respectful about the way he's handles this.

I think we should combine rage bidding with this new passion....rage stripping!

I'll find the right "A" and I'll get a nameplate for this baby.

I thought those Kings jerseys didnt have nameplates? I was told when i owned one it was wrong because it had a nameplate lol.

I thought those Kings jerseys didnt have nameplates? I was told when i owned one it was wrong because it had a nameplate lol.

They did have nameplates from 2007-2009.

The last time I heard 'it's my money, I'll do what I want' it was trying to argue the merits of buying genuine jerseys with people who thought it was 'ok' to buy chinese fakes. You know, because it's their money.

Game worn collecting is a hobby, but it also carries some responsibility with it, IMO. I can understand sungod's passion, and I tend to agree with him.

Think of it this way: there's exactly one gamer like what you have. Surely there are more authentic or team issued blanks out there than this 1, right?

This finally came in from Meigray, can't wait to strip it and make a Falloon. I know he didn't wear it but he deserved it. Doubt anyone would care:

img8831407.jpg