New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Just start a new topic if you (collective you) want to dicuss this, and mods, please move the posts. Enough already. I want to see some jerseys. When I am saying this side-talk has gone on too long, you know it has.

Had this signed the other day (the white jersey)

IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just start a new topic if you (collective you) want to dicuss this, and mods, please move the posts. Enough already. I want to see some jerseys. When I am saying this side-talk has gone on too long, you know it has.

Had this signed the other day (the white jersey)

IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

Very nice man! I have a 58 Team Issue that has been in Edmonton for almost 3 months at the customizer getting made into a White Tavares...here is hoping someday it arrives! I still have a soft spot for that jersey.

For the record, I side with neither party. Just trollin'. You're all hype, that's what arrived today. And Jewels, you're just as off topic, this is for things that arrived TODAY, not a few days ago.

This finally came in from Meigray, can't wait to strip it and make a Falloon. I know he didn't wear it but he deserved it. Doubt anyone would care:

img8831407.jpg

How has nobody commented on the awsomeness of this? Well done sir, that is a beauty.

I turned a Johnston (who?) gamer into this beauty and don't regret it one bit

2867341370105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

Very nice man! I have a 58 Team Issue that has been in Edmonton for almost 3 months at the customizer getting made into a White Tavares...here is hoping someday it arrives! I still have a soft spot for that jersey.

Thanks! I like the water wing jerseys! It will always be John Tavares' rookie year jersey!

For the record, I side with neither party. Just trollin'. You're all hype, that's what arrived today. And Jewels, you're just as off topic, this is for things that arrived TODAY, not a few days ago.

I see you trollin' and hatin. It arrived today to this thread so suck it LIT. (lawyer in training) :lol:

I quoted this pic before and i'm doing it again because

a. The Leafs are awesome (guam, I don't care if your Caps are handing it to the Leafs right now)

b. This jersey is sweeeeet

i think the best and most adult way to handle this is to physically fight about it in real life.

I lol'd :thumbsup:

How has nobody commented on the awsomeness of this? Well done sir, that is a beauty.

This is who Greg Johnston is http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=10731 and i have great pic of him wearing the jersey you destroyed. Congrats good job the "GILMOUR" looks awesome.

As long as it gives you pleasure because after all you did pay for it therefor it is yours to do with as you please.

You are a asset to the hobby

Completely asinine to strip a gamer , that isn't your jersey , you are simply the custodian of that jersey. That jersey like all game worn jersey have history attached to it maybe the history is small and insignificant but it has history. One day Mr. Peters kids might want to buy their fathers only jersey and it will have been stripped by some guy who thinks cause he paid 200$ he can crap on anything he buys. The hobby is not about that if you strip gamers you might as well be chopping up jerseys for cards ..whats the difference card company will argue they paid for the jersey they can do what they want with it.

I have zero respect for people who do this they are exactly what is wrong with the hobby. The hobby is about preserving history not remodeling it to fit your personal collection. I actually feel sorry for you.

Do you know how hard it is to be a Ducks fan? Ducks jerseys are the most hated and most popular jerseys that are collected. This jersey was only made for one year and it's the year they won the Stanley Cup. Your a Habs fan one year of winning a Cup is nothing to you, to me it is the world to me that I can get a jersey of that year to represent the one moment of greatness that I will tell my kids when they get old enough to like hockey. Watching Selanne crying after the 07 Finals will always stick with me and still gets to me. But in the end its my jersey. If Peters played better that year I wouldn't have to spend the money to change it.

If I were a hockey player I would keep everything of mine from whenever I played. I have a jealous fiance so I would keep anything game worn. :lol: If the guy wanted to keep it or for his kids he should have outbid me. I had a set price on bidding for this jersey and I know he would be able to outbid a college student. Now that you mention it, I might hand this jersey to one of my kids when I am old and can afford any jersey and they are of age when they start collecting.

I'll find the right "A" and I'll get a nameplate for this baby.

Amen. :) Nice additions man. Your two white blanks are treasures.

Ah ok i gotcha, thanks.

Carl, that Gagne is an indo-edge?? I gotta say it looks really nice.

Yeah, this my first 2011-2012 edge (aside from the Price all-star) and I noticed the tagging was different. So Reebok's stopped producing their jerseys in Canada? That's a shame. But yes, the jersey is fantastic. I inspected it from A to Z and found nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, this my first 2011-2012 edge (aside from the Price all-star) and I noticed the tagging was different. So Reebok's stopped producing their jerseys in Canada? That's a shame. But yes, the jersey is fantastic. I inspected it from A to Z and found nothing wrong with it.

Ya I think it looks amazing, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for a second. They're nice.

I bet you his wallet disagrees with that.

Regardless of your views, there is zero need to degrade someone for their decision. He paid the money for it, and as far as I am concerned, he can do whatever he wants with it.

I dont agree with that card companies do, but again, they paid money for the jersey, they own it, and they can do whatever the want with it, even if it as stupid as cutting a jersey up.

Orangeblitz, dont listen to what people say. You may be persuaded to keep the jersey as is, but if not, do what you want. This hobby is only as great as you make it. Dont let anyone tell you what to do or guilt you into something you dont want to do. If someone loses respect for someone because you stripped a rookie pre season jersey, than that is their problem, not yours.

Thanks for the support. Yeah I am making it a Niedermayer and around May or June everyone will see it. Haha. I am doing with it as I please, plus I am an adult so I can make my own decisions. I am not destroying the jersey or making money off of it, I will have it 50 years from now.

This jersey was only made for one year and it's the year they won the Stanley Cup.

Other than the cup patch, whats different about it and the ones they use now? I always thought they were the same?

Wow, is everyone uptight over the trade deadline on Monday??? :D

Here's my 2 cents. I think the whole issue is perhaps stripping jerseys and making a profit off of it by misrepresenting it, like the Nike Gretzky jerseys mentioned. I don't see any problems with someone doing what they want with what is rightfully theirs. If he is not selling it as a Niedermeyer gamer afterwards, and is upfront whenever he sells it, he's not harming anyone.

Anyways, just chill guys and get back on topic, which is to show your pickups.

This finally came in from Meigray, can't wait to strip it and make a Falloon. I know he didn't wear it but he deserved it. Doubt anyone would care:

If you do that I will sue!!!

Sick jersey!

This is the perfect example of when it is/why it should be an acceptable practice to strip a gamer...you wouldn't find an authentic like this without paying through the nose, and an actual Dougie gamer, well, we all know that a gamer would be out of reach for most of us.

I have no problem with someone finding a no-name gamer that didn't mean anything historically (despite technically being a part of history), and turning it into such a beauty!!

The Gilmour is awesome, G, enjoy it!

I didn't buy that Messier lol, I stole the pic from Meigray to make a joke. I thought it was obvious enough as 1) it's a Ranger, 2) it's an ugly Ranger and 3) I don't have $6,000 lol. So sorry to confuse anyone.

Plus, if I did buy that, it'd be used for a LeClair ;) Come on now people.

My only concern with stripping the Peters gamer, is that if it were a Shannon jersey, I would personally fly to where you live and shoot you in the face.

I just worry that there is some Peters fan out there who would do the same.

However, that'll make one sexy Niedermayer.

I am such a huge peters fan....peters hot dogs... They serve them at the minnesota state fair!

peters is another name for ... well nevermind, everything is these days