New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

So went to the team auction today for my local QMJHL team (Moncton Wildcats)...ended up buying my first game worn and really neat 3rd jersey they used for 1 game (military night) made by a company called Catstitch (can't find any info about them). This is a team issued/autographed jersey but it doesn't used numbered sizing. Fight strap is identical to the Reebok fight strap

Military Appreciation team signed jersey

P1020770.jpg

P1020771.jpg

P1020772.jpg

P1020773.jpg

Allain Saulnier 2010 Memorial Cup game-worn jersey, nice markings a couple holes!

P1020774.jpg

P1020775.jpg

P1020777.jpg

And these framed pictures came with the two auctions

P1020780.jpg

P1020781.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now on a hilarious note about the auction, they had a Brad Marchand game-worn 2006 Memorial cup jersey that went for just under $500, also had a Marchand Bruins REPLICA (autographed) in a frame (they called it a Stanley Cup jersey) that went for $1250! lol some people...

Now on a hilarious note about the auction, they had a Brad Marchand game-worn 2006 Memorial cup jersey that went for just under $500, also had a Marchand Bruins REPLICA (autographed) in a frame (they called it a Stanley Cup jersey) that went for $1250! lol some people...

Was it a charity auction or just for the team?

Beautiful jerseys by the way!

Nice 'cats jersey. Whilst I do not like you as a rival, I like the colors. I love Q jerseys.

I actually had a friend who played on the inaugural Moncton team.

This is who Greg Johnston is http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=10731 and i have great pic of him wearing the jersey you destroyed. Congrats good job the "GILMOUR" looks awesome.

As long as it gives you pleasure because after all you did pay for it therefor it is yours to do with as you please.

You are a asset to the hobby

I wasn't going to respond to this post because it was clear from your previous posts that the only way you can get your point across is by putting people down and calling them names and saying they have no business being in the same hobby you are in because of the way they like to collect but then I saw this on Gameworn.net;

"Look i won't continue to argue about this my position is clear, Striping gamers is wrong. Some idiot on the same board decided to strip a leafs Greg Johnston Leafs jersey and turn into a Gilmour. He even laughed about it and said Johnston who? Where do we draw the line?

I will go back to minding my own business like i have for the better part of 15 years but as guy who has given a chunk of my life to the hobby i think it irresponsible for collectors to do this.

Can i stop it? No. Do i agree with it? never!!!!And for the record i don't care if it was Pete Peters or Peter Pan that wore the jersey, it has history that should be protected by "collectors""

Only advice I can give is that you need to learn how to be a little more respectful in the way to converse with people, even on internet forums, because the way you are acting and the way you are talking to people on this board make you look like a arrogant jerk. I think you should change your username from "Sungod661" to just "God" because it's clear you think you are the end-all be-all in regards to this hobby and how jerseys should be collected.

Good day to you sir, if you need me I'll be off enjoying my destroyed P.O.S. Gilmour.

My Profile>Manage Ignored Users>Add new user to your list>Sungod661>Save Changes

Was it a charity auction or just for the team?

Beautiful jerseys by the way!

It was for the teams hockey education fund, not 100% sure what that all means there wasn't much details but I don't think it was full blown charity type event

Nice 'cats jersey. Whilst I do not like you as a rival, I like the colors. I love Q jerseys.

I actually had a friend who played on the inaugural Moncton team.

Nice! I like the Wildcats but I miss the old days of the Moncton Hawks :(

So went to the team auction today for my local QMJHL team (Moncton Wildcats)...ended up buying my first game worn and really neat 3rd jersey they used for 1 game (military night) made by a company called Catstitch (can't find any info about them). This is a team issued/autographed jersey but it doesn't used numbered sizing. Fight strap is identical to the Reebok fight strap

So what you are saying is that another company made a jersey, and Reebok put the name on the front and back...sounds like Reebok to me :noway:

So what you are saying is that another company made a jersey, and Reebok put the name on the front and back...sounds like Reebok to me :noway:

The whole jersey is sublimated including numbers and all logos...the cut is not an edge cut

Am I the only one noticing the guy in black-face in front of the tank in that shot? Did Al Jolson get reincarnated to come back and play for Moncton??

It's not that rare - Reebok has the licensing rights, so any CHL jersey must have their logo whether Reebok made the jersey or not. If I recall SP made jerseys that were labelled Nike/Bauer in the past. I know of a small embroidery shop that does work for the University of Kentucky that has to embroider the Nike swoosh on anything they provide the school's athletics department, whether it's a base Nike item or not.

Am I the only one noticing the guy in black-face in front of the tank in that shot? Did Al Jolson get reincarnated to come back and play for Moncton??

You're dead on right. There is a guy sporting black-face in the picture.

Maybe on "Military Appreciation Night" he chose to appreciate some back-woods militia that's preparing for the final race war.

Curious to know what's going on there.

Reminds me of Tropic Thunder, with Robert Downey Jr. lol

I thought I'd quickly start this by saying that I'm not a huge collector like many of you. I only have about 7 jerseys, but I did only start really collecting about 9 months ago. So, I've relied heavily on you guys for every one of my purchases, and this is another one I bought given the forum's recommendation. I've read a lot about Indo-Edges on here and was really nervous about ever getting one. The general opinion is quite negative, but getting this one for $125 shipped was hard to pass up, since getting a Thomas jersey was what started my fascination with the hobby. It's why I signed up here, even.

Anyway, in the time waiting to get this jersey to me, I finally went to a store that sold Indo-Edges, and I was amazed at how much it actually did feel like a replica. I assumed that was just an exaggeration. I'm not all that picky at all, but man, that threw me off. So, to my surprise after inspecting this Bruins jersey quite thoroughly tonight, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it felt and looked. It actually feels even more hefty than a couple of the older authentic jerseys I have. Even just the basic fabric feels way better than the one I touched in stores and I would never, ever say it feels like the replicas I have. I wonder why that is. Regardless, thanks for recommending it.

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

It's not that rare - Reebok has the licensing rights, so any CHL jersey must have their logo whether Reebok made the jersey or not. If I recall SP made jerseys that were labelled Nike/Bauer in the past. I know of a small embroidery shop that does work for the University of Kentucky that has to embroider the Nike swoosh on anything they provide the school's athletics department, whether it's a base Nike item or not.

Indeed. My Lewiston MAINEiacs Military Appreciation and 200th Game special jerseys are sublimated and made by Projoy, but have the Reebok vector on the neck.

Also, Rage, that Saulnier is an absolute beaut.

It was for the teams hockey education fund, not 100% sure what that all means there wasn't much details but I don't think it was full blown charity type event

Nice! I like the Wildcats but I miss the old days of the Moncton Hawks :(

I believe junior teams are not allowed to actually pay the players a salary, so they pay for X number of years of the player's university education after they're done playing hockey. The teams are allowed to pay for their housing, food, and a weekly allowance though. So I guess the funds raised basically goes to the teams expenses :P

Reminds me of Tropic Thunder, with Robert Downey Jr. lol

lol yeah the picture of the picture doesn't show it well but it's camo facepaint :P not sure why just one guy decided to do that a couple others have the black under the eyes either.

Indeed. My Lewiston MAINEiacs Military Appreciation and 200th Game special jerseys are sublimated and made by Projoy, but have the Reebok vector on the neck.

Also, Rage, that Saulnier is an absolute beaut.

Thanks! First gamer, wanted to get something with good wear

I believe junior teams are not allowed to actually pay the players a salary, so they pay for X number of years of the player's university education after they're done playing hockey. The teams are allowed to pay for their housing, food, and a weekly allowance though. So I guess the funds raised basically goes to the teams expenses :P

Hmmm, I thought they did get paid per game, something low and rediculous like $60 I thought I once heard. The owner (Robert Irving) is known for going into the dressing room if we are playing a rival or loosing a game and trying to pump the team up by offering a bonus to people who score or if they win in such. All hearsay so may not be true

Hmmm, I thought they did get paid per game, something low and rediculous like $60 I thought I once heard. The owner (Robert Irving) is known for going into the dressing room if we are playing a rival or loosing a game and trying to pump the team up by offering a bonus to people who score or if they win in such. All hearsay so may not be true

I think they get paid a weekly salary ranging from $40-70 per week (which is better than what I am getting :thumbsup: )

Canada pays it's junior players as far as I know. In the US they do not get paid so they can maintain their amateur status and be eligible to play at the college level. They do however get provided with top of the line equipment, which for most hockey parents is as good as the player getting paid.

CHL players get a stipend/allowance which takes out their NCAA eligibility since no SEC schools sponsor hockey. They do get a full ride to a CIS school after CHL career over provided they go pretty much right away.

Just in... mid-90's Daze air knit size 54:

Nice one.....an oft-forgotten Hawk player whose career was cut short due to a back injury

Just in... mid-90's Daze air knit size 54:

Something really appealing about the shape of the "Z" on that nameplate.

This Just Arrived... Brief back story. I have lately been looking into the 1994-95 Lockout and more importantly for my collection, just exactly what Pavel Bure was up to during the Lockout. Through the magic of google search on another forum (gameworn.net) I came across the apparent Game Worn Pavel Bure Spartak Moscow jersey worn in the 94-95 season for exactly 1 game. There so far has been NO video or photo evidence whatsoever and i am trying all resources to find a photo as it would greatly confirm my suspicions. In any event, after getting photo's from the seller, who was fantastic about the deal and a great guy to work with, I was about 90% sure it was not game worn for a few reasons. The Spartak team crest and Lutch manufacturing logo on the Bure are in reversed spots than what the team wore, and also the front crest is a slightly modified style in regards to the border, but after lots of video evidence from the 94-95 season I couldn't explain the differences and thought it was either a remake or retail fan jersey. Never the less, I wanted to add this RARE style to my bure collection and could live with it. So, the jersey arrived today and a couple things stand out to me having it in person that totally explain all of my previous concerns. Before continuing my rant, here is the jersey in all its glory...

2255798090105170938S425x425Q85.jpg2356403340105170938S425x425Q85.jpg2299356540105170938S425x425Q85.jpg

As mentioned, the Logo's on the front chest (Lutch and Spartak "S") should be in the opposite spots as the team wore them, also the front Spartak Crest is a different style then the team wore. When inspecting the jersey, It is evident that Lutch had made this jersey entirely blank with the exception of the red accents at the bottom of the hem and the red arm stripes and red neck. All of the letters, logo's and numbers were added custom AFTERWARD. There is the distinct square outline of a heat press around all of the sublimated cresting, and the outline of where a loop style sewing pin held the decal in place before being heat pressed which is now permanently indented in the material after being pressed down when the sublimation occured. This easily explains the reason that the front logo's are in the incorrect place compared to the rest of the team aswell as the front crest being a different style. So, i went back to video from Spartak and found some similar anomolies with other players jerseys. Lastly, I found a photo of the player who wore #10 for Spartak and the numbers for the arms and back and the lettering details (a small line running through vertically on certain letters) match 100% to the jersey. Also the seller said there were no tags in the jersey whatsoever, however there is a Lutch Manufacturing tag in the side seam which is consistent with the era. All that being said, Because of the uniqueness of the jersey traits it SHOULD make photo matching a breeze, also there is a fair amount of wear, BUT this could possibly be the only Bure game played without any real advertising, hockey cards, photo shoots. My best bet would be Russian home video, personal photos, or the off chance a Spartak Moscow collector would have attended the game and have some sort of evidence by a program. Anyways, sorry for the long rant, Just super excited to acquire this, and its starting to look like the real deal!

Some goodies I got in today :)

First I'll start with one my favorite goaltenders that played for the Kings, Stephane Fiset- (Bang, Bang lights flashing and fireworks going off)

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

Then we got 90/91 Minnesota North Stars Jon Casey-

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.jpg

Then I got a fixer-upper that will be my 91/92 Pavel Bure and I already have a authentic 75th anniversary patch for this baby.

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Question, why is the Ultrafil material on this Canucks heavier then my 93/94 LA Kings Ulrafil or any other Ultrafil jersey from that time period?

How has nobody commented on the awsomeness of this? Well done sir, that is a beauty.

I turned a Johnston (who?) gamer into this beauty and don't regret it one bit

2867341370105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

Dude I'm drooling over your Doug Gilmour jersey. By the way where do you live? :) j/k but that's my next jersey to have and I'm going to start looking for the white one.