New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

WOW! That is some great wear on those arms! You just don't see that anymore nowadays. Outstanding. That's what this hobby SHOULD be filled with!

Also, I'll echo the positive sentiments towards the Nashville jerseys. They really did a great job on it. Very unique and creative. Take heed, NHL.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2012 Team Issue Panthers 3rd 2.0 came in. 3rd Edge 2.0 jersey to join my collection. Thanks to hatryk for informing all of us on this deal. Not bad for $110 shipped. This one will become either a Fleischmann or Huberdeau.

7339903994_b378cf7631.jpg

You had my hopes up there......I had emailed DA and they told me they have no starter mesh for nameplates.

So when you said you had them do one up for you....I thought maybe they did it with a nameplate....

Sorry about that. No nameplate on the Forsberg, and you're right, they don't have Starter mesh (which is pretty dumb, in my opinion). I will say that about a week after I dropped the jersey off I searched "starter jersey" on Ebay and found an old replica football jersey that looked like it was a close match to the mesh on the Avs authentics. I took a chance and dropped $20 on it and when it came in I can honestly say I can't really tell the difference in the materials. Same vibrant shiny white color, same pattern in the mesh (or close enough to fool my eyes at an inch away). I brought it into DA and asked if they could use it as nameplate material on a future jersey (Sakic...will post pics later this summer when I get it done) and Nate said he would use it. He looked close and said he could see minor differences, but I couldn't see what he saw, so I just nodded and smiled (been married 11 years, I'm like a triple black belt at that). I'm gonna do it and I bet no one will be able to tell it's not cut from an authentic avs jersey. The material is a little lighter weight, but with the backing they put on nameplates and the stark contrast of the black lettering...no way. There was also an old UCLA basketball white mesh starter jersey on ebay at the same time that looked real close. Possibly worth a try, just a thought.

All that said from a guy who's ok with all the 'fouls' on the Forsberg jersey we're talking about, and probably all my future jerseys. If you can wait, I'll be dropping off my blank with the football jersey nameplate material to be made into a Sakic in about 2-3 weeks. So, 2-3 weeks after that I'll post pics in this thread with close-ups of the plate and you can judge for yourself.

here are mine to add to all the Preds jerseys today.

Jordin Tootoo 11-12 Home set 1. I was at every game that he wore this jersey. It has 32 team repairs!

Sweet TOOTOO dude that thing is just awesome man.

Sweet TOOTOO dude that thing is just awesome man.

Thanks man. I've liked Tootoo since he was a rookie with the Preds. He may not score as many goals as some players... but he plays harder than most, no matter what. He always give it his all.

nasty tootoo and mcgrattan guys!

Sorry everyone...Obviously new to the game. But still PUMPED!!! Try this.

Great jersey man, I have the burgundy and the starter mesh is brilliant. I need to get an alternate captain's A for it, is DA the only place to get one?

Thanks man. I've liked Tootoo since he was a rookie with the Preds. He may not score as many goals as some players... but he plays harder than most, no matter what. He always give it his all.

That jersey is quite awesome, and I like the way Tootoo plays, like you said not a superstar but he's very effective. The only thing that drives me nuts is the Tootoo whistles, they are horrible to listen to on TV I can't imagine being in the arena.

As a CBJ fan, I hate the Preds, and I hate Tootoo in particular. Yet, he's the kind of guy you like to hate, because you know deep down that you'd love him if he was on your team :thumbsup:

Great shirts, folks.

get an authentic Traktor Kuznetsov jersey...when i get it i was surprised that this jersey has no double elbows and nothing. it is the pro version on lutch USA.

but still i like the jersey and i hope this guy will soon rock the NHL:)

P1020968.jpg

P1020969.jpg

get an authentic Traktor Kuznetsov jersey...when i get it i was surprised that this jersey has no double elbows and nothing. it is the pro version on lutch USA.

but still i like the jersey and i hope this guy will soon rock the NHL:)

Looks like not for another couple years...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/caps-prospect-evgeny-kuznetsov-signs-two-year-deal-in-khl/2012/06/04/gJQAZdXnDV_blog.html?wprss=rss_capitals-insider

Sorry everyone...Obviously new to the game. But still PUMPED!!! Try this.

Redeemed?

Nate's the best. He can even make a jersey that has many small details that are wrong look freaking great. Well done. You know what the issues are and that's 90% of the battle.

I would guess that he wants to make sure he gets to play in the Olympics at home. I've been hearing that the NHL owners don't want to take a break during the season when the games are on the other side of the world and will be on live t.v. at strange hours in North America. If there is another work stopage because of the collective barganing agreement running out look for a lot of European, esspecially Russian players, to sign two year contracts at home so they can play in the Olympics in Sochi in front of their home country.

That jersey is quite awesome, and I like the way Tootoo plays, like you said not a superstar but he's very effective. The only thing that drives me nuts is the Tootoo whistles, they are horrible to listen to on TV I can't imagine being in the arena.

Thanks! And yeah, I'm not a big fan of the whistles either. Haha. It's not as bad as it used to be though.

The 2012 Team Issue Panthers 3rd 2.0 came in. 3rd Edge 2.0 jersey to join my collection. Thanks to hatryk for informing all of us on this deal. Not bad for $110 shipped. This one will become either a Fleischmann or Huberdeau.

7339903994_b378cf7631.jpg

You're quite welcome...110 for a 2.0 Canada is a great deal I thought

I would guess that he wants to make sure he gets to play in the Olympics at home. I've been hearing that the NHL owners don't want to take a break during the season when the games are on the other side of the world and will be on live t.v. at strange hours in North America. If there is another work stopage because of the collective barganing agreement running out look for a lot of European, esspecially Russian players, to sign two year contracts at home so they can play in the Olympics in Sochi in front of their home country.

If he wants to play in the Olympics he can wait to see how the CBA plays out before deciding...I think it's more about him not wanting to play in the Minors before cracking the Capitals lineup. He probably wants to wait until he's a 100% sure thing lock to make the roster (either that or he just wants to play in the KHL).

I think the Olympic break will probably be negotiated as a part of the CBA. The owners aren't going to be thrilled about it, but they will probably use it as a bargaining chip to get something in return when they agree to an Olympic break. There will probably be a bunch of players that want to go and the Union probably will push pretty hard to make it happen. We might see the proposed realignment approved in exchange for a 2014 Olympic break or something like that.

There's a lot of posturing right now on both sides, but I'm sure they will make it happen. I don't really believe anything either side says until they get in a room and start negotiating.

This showed up at my house today.

2481831490107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

Great jersey man, I have the burgundy and the starter mesh is brilliant. I need to get an alternate captain's A for it, is DA the only place to get one?

The quick answer is no, DA isn't the only place. There are quite a few places you can order "A"s and "C"s if you're planning to sew them on yourself, as well as places you can send the jersey to have them place and sew for you. EPS will do the job and many posters here advocate for them. I've seen Triple Threat Sports mentioned quite a few times too. I've emailed Chris at TTS and he's very informative and seems easy to work with.

The long answer is that what you do depends on your attention to detail and how much of a freak you are about fouls and absolute perfection. For me, I care way more about how the jersey looks when I'm wearing it, rather than team specifications and "proper" placement. Cut, however is VERY important to me and there can be big differences depending on where you go. Originally, Nate at DA used the pre-edge sized "A" (larger than post-edge and accurate for the era of Starter Mesh jerseys) and placed it according to team specs. My jersey is a 48-R, so placement and size of the "A" made it look HUGE, made it run an inch or better onto the piping, and put it into my armpit when I wore the jersey. I brought it back (unhappy) and Nate suggested using the post-edge size and placing it so it was completely in the field of white. He removed the large, replaced with the small and a week later, my jersey is perfect...for me. All this said because if you order an "A" and have it sent, there's no way of knowing what size it will be, or whether it will even be the correct cut. Even if you send your jersey away, there's no telling size or cut again unless you speak with someone about the details or see pics before they sew.

Here are a few pics of size and cut differences.

Left to right are "A"s from my DA forsberg with the smaller "A" so it fits in the white field and doesn't run onto the piping. A burgundy 3rd jersey done by River City Sports about 10 years ago. A pre-edge "A" done by a local Denver company now out of business that looks REALLY close to a DA letter (anyone in CO remember Mr. K's?). And finally an "A" from a letter/number kit I ordered from Stahl's online.

IMG_2679.jpg

Cut comparison of the two below show pretty big differences, if you look close enough. The Stahl's "A" is bigger than the biggest "A" DA ever made, as well as much more angular. Stahl's has more sharp corners and fewer curves. Also the triangle in the middle of the Stahl's "A" is too small and it's point doesn't come up high enough. I imagine that this is pretty consistent among the mail away lettering kits out there, even if they advertise to have current team specifications. Another thing to consider is that the Stahl's letter layers aren't sewn together, something I didn't expect, and can't do on my own. BurnabyJoeSakic has another great illustration of cut differences on AvsHockeyPodcast.com helping with both numbers and letters. Click the "jerseys" link on the right and scroll down (or read your way down) to the 'Rob Blake 2003 All Star' entry. Interesting and informative.

IMG_2680.jpg

The size of your jersey and what year it was made may make a difference on which way you go as well. I think I read somewhere that some of the Starter Mesh jerseys had higher crests giving less room for patches and letters. My jersey is a 48 so it's really small, compounding the available space problem. If your jersey is a larger size, and your crest is lower than mine you may not have an issue at all.

More info that may help: Pre-Edge Starter Mesh era "A"s look to measure 4 inches high by 3.25 inches across the bottom at their widest point. Current smaller "A"s measure 3.25 inches high by 3 inches across the bottom. You may want to measure your jersey between the piping and the crest to see how much room you have, or cut paper rectangles of both dimensions to see which will fit between the crest and piping. If it were me, knowing what I know now, having gone through the misery of having to return to DA and ask that they remove and re-sew a different size and the agony of having to wait even longer and worrying about whether there would be damage from the removal of the original (which there was to a very minor degree), I would measure what space is available on the chest and decide on what size to sew on then send (or bring if you're local) to DA to make sure cut is correct. If you aren't bothered by minor details in the cut or size differences, and can sew, maybe you have more options. Post pics if/when it's done. I love seeing Starter Mesh Avs jerseys...especially Forsbergs. DA is currently working on a 52 burgundy Forsberg for me and it will have an "A". I'll post pics in this thread as soon as it's in so you can see for reference.

This showed up at my house today.

What material is that made of?

What material is that made of?

It's ultrafil, with a more breathable mesh under the arms.

It's ultrafil, with a more breathable mesh under the arms.

Nice looks great and I did not know reebok used Ultrafil.

Love the jersey man, sweet logo!

Does anyone know where I can find a Yellow, authentic 2010-2011 Nashville Predators practice jersey in size 54?

MeiGray used to have them. The only other place I can suggest is to keep an eye on ebay.

The quick answer is no, DA isn't the only place. There are quite a few places you can order "A"s and "C"s if you're planning to sew them on yourself, as well as places you can send the jersey to have them place and sew for you. EPS will do the job and many posters here advocate for them. I've seen Triple Threat Sports mentioned quite a few times too. I've emailed Chris at TTS and he's very informative and seems easy to work with.

The long answer is that what you do depends on your attention to detail and how much of a freak you are about fouls and absolute perfection. For me, I care way more about how the jersey looks when I'm wearing it, rather than team specifications and "proper" placement. Cut, however is VERY important to me and there can be big differences depending on where you go. Originally, Nate at DA used the pre-edge sized "A" (larger than post-edge and accurate for the era of Starter Mesh jerseys) and placed it according to team specs. My jersey is a 48-R, so placement and size of the "A" made it look HUGE, made it run an inch or better onto the piping, and put it into my armpit when I wore the jersey. I brought it back (unhappy) and Nate suggested using the post-edge size and placing it so it was completely in the field of white. He removed the large, replaced with the small and a week later, my jersey is perfect...for me. All this said because if you order an "A" and have it sent, there's no way of knowing what size it will be, or whether it will even be the correct cut. Even if you send your jersey away, there's no telling size or cut again unless you speak with someone about the details or see pics before they sew.

Here are a few pics of size and cut differences.

Left to right are "A"s from my DA forsberg with the smaller "A" so it fits in the white field and doesn't run onto the piping. A burgundy 3rd jersey done by River City Sports about 10 years ago. A pre-edge "A" done by a local Denver company now out of business that looks REALLY close to a DA letter (anyone in CO remember Mr. K's?). And finally an "A" from a letter/number kit I ordered from Stahl's online.

Cut comparison of the two below show pretty big differences, if you look close enough. The Stahl's "A" is bigger than the biggest "A" DA ever made, as well as much more angular. Stahl's has more sharp corners and fewer curves. Also the triangle in the middle of the Stahl's "A" is too small and it's point doesn't come up high enough. I imagine that this is pretty consistent among the mail away lettering kits out there, even if they advertise to have current team specifications. Another thing to consider is that the Stahl's letter layers aren't sewn together, something I didn't expect, and can't do on my own. BurnabyJoeSakic has another great illustration of cut differences on AvsHockeyPodcast.com helping with both numbers and letters. Click the "jerseys" link on the right and scroll down (or read your way down) to the 'Rob Blake 2003 All Star' entry. Interesting and informative.

The size of your jersey and what year it was made may make a difference on which way you go as well. I think I read somewhere that some of the Starter Mesh jerseys had higher crests giving less room for patches and letters. My jersey is a 48 so it's really small, compounding the available space problem. If your jersey is a larger size, and your crest is lower than mine you may not have an issue at all.

More info that may help: Pre-Edge Starter Mesh era "A"s look to measure 4 inches high by 3.25 inches across the bottom at their widest point. Current smaller "A"s measure 3.25 inches high by 3 inches across the bottom. You may want to measure your jersey between the piping and the crest to see how much room you have, or cut paper rectangles of both dimensions to see which will fit between the crest and piping. If it were me, knowing what I know now, having gone through the misery of having to return to DA and ask that they remove and re-sew a different size and the agony of having to wait even longer and worrying about whether there would be damage from the removal of the original (which there was to a very minor degree), I would measure what space is available on the chest and decide on what size to sew on then send (or bring if you're local) to DA to make sure cut is correct. If you aren't bothered by minor details in the cut or size differences, and can sew, maybe you have more options. Post pics if/when it's done. I love seeing Starter Mesh Avs jerseys...especially Forsbergs. DA is currently working on a 52 burgundy Forsberg for me and it will have an "A". I'll post pics in this thread as soon as it's in so you can see for reference.

Wow thanks for all this, more than I hoped for! Mine is a 52R so I will be very interested in seeing how yours looks when its done. As i'm in New Zealand I would order one and have someone here sew it on for me so i'd like to get it right.