New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

A curious but beautiful jersey has arrived at my doorstep today. Saku Koivu Team Finland.

P1010105-vi.jpg

P1010106-vi.jpg

I say curious because it has the 1996 WCOH patch on it. However, when I have compared it to my game issued jerseys from that period, the patch is much larger. The 1996 WCOH Finland jerseys looked like this one on the right in the HHOF:

tre_kurri04.jpg

As well, the WCOH ones are sublimated while this crest is most definitely sewn on. The patch is likely a replica patch but it is a great looking patch all the same. I am very happy to get a rare style jersey even if it is a bit incorrect.

This jersey comes from the 1995 season. Either way, it's a beautiful jersey.

A comparison of the styles here:

fin1995-96.jpgfin1996-97.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple jerseys came in yesterday and today, thanks to oxbo1690 for the Ducks and Mike for doing up the Rangers for me! The Parenteau is pre-season gamer with very minimal wear

P1020844.jpg

P1020845.jpg

P1020846.jpg

P1020847.jpg

Size 54 Team Issue 2004 Western All Star jersey with NHLPA patch on lower rear hem

Will become a Timonen for the Preds collection, so hard to find this thing.

western-2004.jpg

Got lucky with some patches of ebay. I picked up a STARTER LA Kings jacket and it had two patches one it:

- 86/87 Los Angeles Kings 20 Year Anniversary patch

- 91/92 los Angeles Kings 25 Year Anniversary patch

- 91/92 NHL 75th Anniversary Patch

IMG_2555.jpg

Fine choice on the white Liberty. I keep saying if I ever get an authentic in that style, I'm gonna make it a Gretzky. The more I see Graves on that jersey, the more I want one.

That Finland jersey is gorgeous. For theirs, that one is number two on my list; behind only the 1965 throwback they wore in the 2008 World Championships. It looks like they put a Bauer patch on the Nike jersey though. Those larger Bauer ones were supposed to go on the chest like what Canada wore. I know a few other teams used it too but I can't think of who. The Czechs maybe.

That Finland jersey is gorgeous. For theirs, that one is number two on my list; behind only the 1965 throwback they wore in the 2008 World Championships. It looks like they put a Bauer patch on the Nike jersey though. Those larger Bauer ones were supposed to go on the chest like what Canada wore. I know a few other teams used it too but I can't think of who. The Czechs maybe.

Sweden and Canada wore Bauer and the larger patch as well. The numbers are the wrong style too but the jersey is still beautiful. On my want list...

Did Sweden wear the bigger patch? Because I know they wore theirs on the shoulder instead of the chest. You might be right; I genuinely don't know for sure.

That tournament was pretty much the high point of the IIHF jersey designs. They were all so friggin great looking.

Got lucky with some patches of ebay. I picked up a STARTER LA Kings jacket and it had two patches one it:

- 86/87 Los Angeles Kings 20 Year Anniversary patch

- 91/92 los Angeles Kings 25 Year Anniversary patch

- 91/92 NHL 75th Anniversary Patch

IMG_2555.jpg

Willing to sell the 75th/25th patches?

Did Sweden wear the bigger patch? Because I know they wore theirs on the shoulder instead of the chest. You might be right; I genuinely don't know for sure.

That tournament was pretty much the high point of the IIHF jersey designs. They were all so friggin great looking.

The 1996 World Cup teams to wear Bauer were the Czech Republic, Sweden and Canada. The Canadians wore the patch on the chest, while the Czechs and Swedes wore it on the upper left arm.

2611095620100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2388874070100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2131397940100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

(Click to see them larger)

All the Nike teams wore the 3" size on the upper left arm as well.

Willing to sell the 75th/25th patches?

Sorry bro no can do, it's like asking me to sell my arm and leg.

Wow thanks for all this, more than I hoped for! Mine is a 52R so I will be very interested in seeing how yours looks when its done. As i'm in New Zealand I would order one and have someone here sew it on for me so i'd like to get it right.

No problem. Didn't realize you are so far away. I'd say it's worth contacting Denver Athletic and asking them if they will make you an "A" and send it to you. Nate is very cool if you can get hold of him, and Julie is pretty nice too...just tell her your story and explain that you're half the Earth away. This may be the best option, especially if you have the small space issue that I had on my 48. They might do it.

Next best would probably be Exclusive Pro Sports (EPS) in Illinois - www.exclusivepro.com. Same deal, call or email and ask if they'll make the letter and send it. I've never dealt with them, just know them by reputation on these and other boards, and it sounds like they are the industry standard outside of DA for avs stuff. I don't know if they are able or willing to do the two different sizes...I'd guess probably so. Maybe another member could post a pic for you of an EPS avs jersey with an "A" for reference. Triple Threat Sports is another option, and I have emailed Chris there. He seems like he's very easy to work with, knowledgeable of Avalanche jerseys, and is open to working with requests. www.triplethreatsports.com

Outside of that, there are a few places on the internet and on ebay who cut, sew, and sell "A"s and "C"s for nhl teams. If no one above can/will do it, these guys are always an option, and to be honest, if no one had ever pointed out to me the minute differences in the cuts of the letters, I'd never have noticed. I think the bigger issue is will the letter fit in the space you have between the piping and the crest. If your jersey has room, this may be the easiest way to go.

Good luck. I'll post pics of mine as soon as I get it.

Ditto on the Finland. Great looking jersey and I like that yours is a combination of sublimated designs with a sewn on crest. Nice pickup.

Is that Canada #3 jersey a game-worn Staal? He used #3 in the juniors with that style.

It has a puck mark and minimal wear, as well as a pinkish-tinted Nike barcode.

However, there's no sign of a nameplate ever having been there, or any other patches.

Its a great day at my house. Three awesome arrivals.

First, a Capitals Third set 3 worn by Jay Beagle. These are just awesome in person, the 2.0 is so much better than the 1.0. To top it off, this jersey saw more ice time than Ovechkin's... haha

beagle-b.jpg

beagle-f.jpg

Next, Matt Hendricks' NHL debut jersey. Just awesome, my favorite current player, now I have his AHL & NHL debut jerseys. Now I need to get a Caps and one from every other team he played for...

hendricks-avs-b.jpg

hendricks-avs-f.jpg

And finally, Martin Erat Set 1 jersey. There are quite a few interesting quirks about this thing. Ill point out below.

erat-b.jpg

erat-f.jpg

The first odd thing is the NHL shield on this.. is like something I saw on Indo-Edge prototypes but never on a team jersey. Its paper thin, just sort of printed on and glued onto the jersey. Cant imagine this is how all 1.0s are. Most likely because this was a set one jersey.

1xz47b.jpg

Now the coolest part, it looks like this jersey also made it into the playoffs. Set 1 jerseys were kept as backup and I was easily able to photomatch it to a playoff game. I've contacted MeiGray for more info. Check out the crest and compare to the Getty shot-

2edpq29.jpg

144025451-ryan-suter-of-the-nashville-pr

It was like Christmas today (maybe even better).

Didn't the Caps only wear 2 sets of the thirds? I think the story goes that they were saving the 2nd set of thirds for the playoff road games, but ended up changing their minds and wore them for the last two road games of the season.

Great jerseys inthe above posts! some sweet unique jerseys but also love the NHL game worns

whats up with the Piano neck print?

are they all like that?

are they all like that?

yeah... Its to symbolize Nashville (Music City)

and the 6 lines through the back numbers represent guitar strings.

are they all like that?

Yes, it's part of the Derelict line.

Nashville is the Music City. Hence the piano key collar and guitar strings along the numbers.

EDIT: HA!! I almost made the Frankie Goes to Hollywood joke but passed up on it.