New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Nothing too special, just a blank CBJ jersey. It's my first NHL authentic though, so it's cool.

IMG_9672.jpg

It was actually a strip job (#45, if I grok it correctly), so I've steamed the heck out of it. It's still there, but barely. I like the sublimated stripes on the thing.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon that is very cool. That is what the hobby is all about :thumbsup:

I have one 1.0 gamer and I love it. I am surprised that they hold up as well as they do during game action.

Glad to help. Good thing I offered it to you before seeing it in person, I might've kept it :thumbsup:

Those inaugurals are just so darn tough. This is the first and only preseason one I've seen. Might just be one of the rarest combo of player and jersey design of all the CBJ shirts to get!

I told bluejacket I would hold off on this, but I can't....I'll just hold off on posting it on the CBJ board, ok?

My first USHL. This thing's been on ebay forever, taunting me. I finally got it when I got a nice credit from something else.

2007-08 Chicago Steel Will Weber - Chicago Steel folks...is white home or road? - CBJ prospect, now signed to his first pro contract and expected to develop into an NHL defenseman.

2011-12 Ottawa 67s Dalton Smith Road - first, let me say that the 67s were *awesome* to deal with. I emailed Monday night, they called me early Tuesday morning and today (Wednesday, the jersey was at my door). Shipping, etc was $50, but the actual cost was $65 - they wrote a note that they thought this was too much so they only charged me $50. Fast, courteous...just couldn't ask for better, and the jersey exceeds my expectation. Thanks to Nathan for mentioning to me in a PM or I would've completely missed out.

Love the 67s jersey John.

Nothing too special, just a blank CBJ jersey. It's my first NHL authentic though, so it's cool.

It was actually a strip job (#45, if I grok it correctly), so I've steamed the heck out of it. It's still there, but barely. I like the sublimated stripes on the thing.

Any plans to have it customized?

Got my (GI) Davis Drewiske Playoff set 3 and will be stripping it and having it customized as Brown, Kopitar, Doughty or Voynov still thinking. Overall sweet jersey its a 58 fits well but the sleeves are a bit big so a 54 or 56 will do me well. The jersey fits like a 56 CCM Center Ice.

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

Ahhh you're the one who got the Steel. I've been negotiating with the seller for months being that I know what the seller paid for it and the original owner sold it for, we obviously n ever could reach a price. I'm glad it ended up in good hands! As far as home or road, it's both. The USHL generally has the teams play half the home games in the whites and the other half in the darks. I really would love to see the NHL adopt this, it's cool to be able to see a majority of the teams jerseys home and away being a season ticket holder. There's still two more Webers out there from that season as well, I saw the red on ebay not too long ago but not sure where the black one ended up.

I've been watching this thing for forever, and like you, couldn't get the seller to budge. The red was pretty cool, going for about $300 or so so it was out of my range...particularly because he hadn't yet signed his contract. The black would be nice to have. I know I overpaid on this one, but I had a nice credit I could use and it's the first USHL jersey I've been able to get of a CBJ player. Thanks for the info on the colors!

Got my (GI) Davis Drewiske Playoff set 3 and will be stripping it and having it customized as Brown, Kopitar, Doughty or Voynov still thinking. Overall sweet jersey its a 58 fits well but the sleeves are a bit big so a 54 or 56 will do me well. The jersey fits like a 56 CCM Center Ice.

I *don't* want to start a flame war. I am asking honest questions with hopes of an honest answers beyond "it's mine, I can do what I want with it"

Why would you want to strip a unique GI shirt to match one of many popular players that so many fans already have? IMO, the less popular jersey is the one that sticks out. Are you taking any precautions to make sure this isn't someday sold as a gamer of the player you intend on using on it?

I get that gamers of some of these guys are crazy expensive, but creating what is essentially a 'reproduction gamer' out of a lesser player's GI seems kind of disingenuous. I know we all collect for fun and have different goals. This is just one thing I have a hard time understanding, and I would like to understand another perspective.

Again, this is not meant to incite anything...there's no 'right' or 'wrong'...just a discussion starter.

Where did you pick up the game worn Kings?

It's a game issue and got it from meigray group.

I *don't* want to start a flame war. I am asking honest questions with hopes of an honest answers beyond "it's mine, I can do what I want with it"

Why would you want to strip a unique GI shirt to match one of many popular players that so many fans already have? IMO, the less popular jersey is the one that sticks out. Are you taking any precautions to make sure this isn't someday sold as a gamer of the player you intend on using on it?

I get that gamers of some of these guys are crazy expensive, but creating what is essentially a 'reproduction gamer' out of a lesser player's GI seems kind of disingenuous. I know we all collect for fun and have different goals. This is just one thing I have a hard time understanding, and I would like to understand another perspective.

Again, this is not meant to incite anything...there's no 'right' or 'wrong'...just a discussion starter.

Quite frankly, it stems from one issue. Not being able to buy authentic jerseys anymore. This is pretty much the only way to get what the players wear. No one would want to go to all that work if you could just log on to shop.nhl.com/overpriced/jerseys/ and order the jersey you want... but you cant.

I've been watching this thing for forever, and like you, couldn't get the seller to budge. The red was pretty cool, going for about $300 or so so it was out of my range...particularly because he hadn't yet signed his contract. The black would be nice to have. I know I overpaid on this one, but I had a nice credit I could use and it's the first USHL jersey I've been able to get of a CBJ player. Thanks for the info on the colors!

Honestly if Will makes it to the NHL level.....which I believe he will, you will not have overpaid. The guy who has Moores Steel jerseys won't budge from 400 each and thats pretty much been the going rate for a ushl jersey from any team with a guy who has made it to the show.

When it's already tagged by Meigray, I'm not a fan of changing anything on it. Kinda defeats the purpose of having population reports.

Thank you for your honest opinion.... But it's a GI and not a game worn jersey. The reason I want a star player on this jerseys is because no EDGE 2.0 Canada made jerseys are for sale. I will probably be the only few with an EDGE 2.0 that's is customized with Brown or Kopitar. If the guy wore the jersey only for one game then I would not strip it. Now on the part where someone can sell this as a gamer, anyone can do that to every jersey but I will be removing the MGG and the team tag.

Quite frankly, it stems from one issue. Not being able to buy authentic jerseys anymore. This is pretty much the only way to get what the players wear. No one would want to go to all that work if you could just log on to shop.nhl.com/overpriced/jerseys/ and order the jersey you want... but you cant.

On point. I've been wanting this jersey for a long time but this is the only way to get it. I was going to buy Browns regular season jersey but some a****** purchased them and add $2500 to the price tag and put it on eBay.

I see 0 harm in stripping a game issue, especially for this year where we literally can't get retail authentics. I did it for my Howe Giroux, Mike stripped the Meigray tag to avoid any confusion/fraud if it was ever resold, so to me its just an authentic that had a kit on it.

Thanks for the opinions. Please don't think I'm looking for people to justify things, rather, just looking to understand. Thanks for not turning it into a flame war :thumbsup:

While I wouldn't do it myself, I can see the reasoning behind it, particularly with 2.0s being unavailable. I hope Reebok rectifies this someday. It makes little to no sense to me why they can't make these available unless it's specifically to keep people from faking gamers. I doubt the real reason is half that thought out.

I've literally only done it once so far this year because I've been forced to, otherwise I try to avoid it, if not for cost alone and fear of damage. I'd gladly buy a freakin' blank if they would sell me one. I bought a blank Flyers WC for this year and 3 frickin' All Star jerseys.

I mean we're not stripping a gamer, even a preseason/training camp, so I see no harm. And no flaming intended, pal.

...I will be removing the MGG and the team tag.

I certainly don't condone selling it later as a Doughty or Brown with the tags, but if you're keeping it for your collection, why not keep them in there?

I've literally only done it once so far this year because I've been forced to, otherwise I try to avoid it, if not for cost alone and fear of damage. I'd gladly buy a freakin' blank if they would sell me one. I bought a blank Flyers WC for this year and 3 frickin' All Star jerseys.

I mean we're not stripping a gamer, even a preseason/training camp, so I see no harm. And no flaming intended, pal.

I was, of course, being sincere about people just discussing instead of flaming. :blink:

For me, there's a big gap between issued and anything worn. Even preseason can be kind of important to the right collector:

I have two Voracek preseason jerseys that were only worn in preseason for Columbus and Philly respectively, and it would have been a shame if someone had turned them into Nash and Giroux. They're cool bits of history because they have unusual numbers (#20 and #9). That's lost forever when someone strips them to make it into something else. I guess that's why I understand it less once the jersey's been worn at all, even in preseason. Issued, as people said, is a different story and much more palatable. Even though I still wouldn't do it, I can completely understand why people do.

I was, of course, being sincere about people just discussing instead of flaming. :blink:

For me, there's a big gap between issued and anything worn. Even preseason can be kind of important to the right collector:

I have two Voracek preseason jerseys that were only worn in preseason for Columbus and Philly respectively, and it would have been a shame if someone had turned them into Nash and Giroux. They're cool bits of history because they have unusual numbers (#20 and #9). That's lost forever when someone strips them to make it into something else. I guess that's why I understand it less once the jersey's been worn at all, even in preseason. Issued, as people said, is a different story and much more palatable. Even though I still wouldn't do it, I can completely understand why people do.

So was I lol, I didn't mean pal in a sarcastic way haha.

I certainly don't condone selling it later as a Doughty or Brown with the tags, but if you're keeping it for your collection, why not keep them in there?

I would love to keep them in there because they look cool. The Kings tag is blank and the MGG tag you can always look it up and see what jersey it belongs to. Also the fight strap is marked "This is not a game worn jersey". There is no way I will be selling this jersey any time soon.

Also before I purchased it I talked to Jason at Bobcat and asked him if stripping the Jersey was going to be a problem and he said no, he told me that they lightly heat press with no glue. So I just got the numbers off and only stitch marks are left, some steam will remove them. Man I do excited I've been wanting this jersey in white so badddddddd, I'll probably sleep in it tonight :)

Road playoff gamer of my favorite Kings D-man, Willie Mitchell, used during the Kings' remarkable 8-0 romp through Vancouver, St. Louis and Phoenix en route to the Cup Finals (and hopefully the Cup!). Features five team repairs, a stick mark and an unrepaired hole in the right arm, a couple of board burns and various small marks in the left arm.

DSCN1866-2.jpg

DSCN1870-2.jpg

Road playoff gamer of my favorite Kings D-man, Willie Mitchell, used during the Kings' remarkable 8-0 romp through Vancouver, St. Louis and Phoenix en route to the Cup Finals (and hopefully the Cup!). Features five team repairs, a stick mark and an unrepaired hole in the right arm, a couple of board burns and various small marks in the left arm.

Awesome pick up, Mitchell has been playing great I think he's going to score the game winning goal on Saturday.

Awesome pick up, Mitchell has been playing great I think he's going to score the game winning goal on Saturday.

Clean out your message box as I tried to email you