New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Chad i know right? I've been looking at it, i think the "F" is from the angle and the 1's may be a little too fat. Which is weird cause they customized all of my Ducks jerseys and everything is always perfect...may be the layout of the jersey compared to the normal home/away or the fact this 3rd Getzlaf is a 2.0...im not sure lol.

Chris thanks buddy, loved that Basil in the last thread...start posting more would ya? Haha

Rob, they were actually at Stitches and as soon as Harts wore the A this past weekend i emailed Andrew and lucky enough for me he was gonna customize it Monday morning so i mentioned the A and he added it on and mailed them out Wednesday. Couldn't be happier it all worked out.

And Mike, Ya im pretty sure. The whole extra fabric is weird but that thing is swett...definitely unique and I'm afraid to look at it too long. It should come with a *warning* tag also!!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure there will be more of these posted but here is mine. It will be a Rick Nash. I just need to get a 2008 West ASG jersey and I will have one of each of Nash's ASG jerseys.

P1010222.JPG

P1010224.JPG

I was still living in Lexington when the Men O' War played - I thought the Thoroughblades name was dumb but MoW was worse. It's sad that Lexington can't seem to support a team, it's a great little city.

Any idea why they picked that name? I get Thoroughblades but don't get the viking-esque theme in KY.

Any idea why they picked that name? I get Thoroughblades but don't get the viking-esque theme in KY.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_o'_War The name comes from the horse not sure how that got that logo from it.

Excellent. Did they use the heat-pressed material for the back numbers too? That's what makes the jersey so heavy and stiff is the extra layer of material.

I haven't ventured into the retail world too often lately but I got these two in recently:

Early 1990's Hawks:

The Hawks was an eBay bargain and the Jets I got in a trade from some dork here. I'm leaning towards Roenick on the Chicago(to replace the crappy one that was already there) with the Centennial patch and then I already have the Daniel 'the Bandit' Berthiaume kit coming in for the Winnipeg.

I like the Centennial patch for the Hawks, I am currently getting a white Michel Goulet done. Or you may want to try this. As we all know the Hawks made the 92 Finals, the season everyone wore the NHL 75th patch. I got the 75th patch sewn on, then the cup finals patch sewn onto ultrafil and then over the 75th patch (both the Hawks and Pens did this on the gamers). It is kind of funky and I like the old school feel to it. Have it done like this on my red Graham and white Roenick.

DSCN0347.jpg

Jerseys164.jpg

I am sure there will be more of these posted but here is mine. It will be a Rick Nash. I just need to get a 2008 West ASG jersey and I will have one of each of Nash's ASG jerseys.

P1010222.JPG

P1010224.JPG

The crests on the NHL all star jerseys are placed too low. Do you see Chara on the draft last night? The NHL shield was down almost to his belly button.

The crests on the NHL all star jerseys are placed too low. Do you see Chara on the draft last night? The NHL shield was down almost to his belly button.

Say what? You wanna go down on Chara's belly button?

HPIM2825.jpg

I put this in the all star thread since we were all going nuts about the sale lol. But...it also arrived...so...

I like the Centennial patch for the Hawks, I am currently getting a white Michel Goulet done. Or you may want to try this. As we all know the Hawks made the 92 Finals, the season everyone wore the NHL 75th patch. I got the 75th patch sewn on, then the cup finals patch sewn onto ultrafil and then over the 75th patch (both the Hawks and Pens did this on the gamers). It is kind of funky and I like the old school feel to it. Have it done like this on my red Graham and white Roenick.

That's such a cool nerdy jersey collector thing to do, I applaud the effort and attention to detail.

Got this guy a couple of days ago.

1984-85 Derrick Smith Flyers game worn jersey.

Eagle Mesh size 50

Road Set 2

2850433610105558261S600x600Q85.jpg2957352860105558261S600x600Q85.jpg

This 84-85 Flyers road gamer was worn by Derrick Smith in his rookie year with the Flyers. He would go on to score 17 goals and add 22 assists for a total of 39 points in the regular season. My research indicates that he scored 3 goals and added 4 assists while wearing this one. The jersey consists of various stick marks on the lower front and a slash mark through the crest. The collar has various pulls in the fabric. The left sleeve has a large stick mark under the #2. The right sleeve has some stains on the elbow (possibly blood) and some stick/puck marks. The rear of the jersey shows some markings as well. The crest and sleeve numbers show considerable puckering. The interior of the jersey has pilling in the elbow areas on each sleeve. The original fight strap is in tact and sewn through the rear #2. The fight strap shows salting on the inside of the buttons and a lot of pilling on the outside of the strap.

Man I am feeling that Jets, and not on a Zack Galifinakis in a hot tub kind of way either. What kind of dork would give that up?!

This kind of dork would...and all I got in return was this stinkin sabres jersey and a pack of skittles :(

2692952100105778501S500x500Q85.jpg"]2692952100105778501S500x500Q85.jpg[/url]

...but don't worry, I wouldn't have moved it if I didn't have a replacement :thumbsup:

On a plus note, I managed to pick up this 90s Nords and sure enough the original tags are still there :)

2912693400105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

It was stated in the auction, but don't ask me why the seller didnt' take pics showing them...

Got this guy a couple of days ago.

1984-85 Derrick Smith Flyers game worn jersey.

Eagle Mesh size 50

Road Set 2

Hey Rob, Congrats!

Glad to know you were able to work a deal for it.

Nice work! :stickhndl:

awesome ECHL and lower level minors jersyes!! lovem. not boring ole NHL jerseys!!

As someone who's admired your collection before that's nice to hear! I like to collect the teams not everyone has. Some pretty unique logos, colors, and designs to be found. I also try to collect as many different FL team styles as I can, probably my main collection.

That Koivu really is awesome. I tried to get one of those blank a while back and lost the bid. Such a great classic jersey. Here are my arrivals for the day-

Looks familiar yeah?

2011-allstar.jpg

This will become a Shea Weber and Im going the sublimation route for sure.

Also got this today, sz 52 Reebok 6100, also going to become a Shea Weber but rookie # 48

predators1.jpg

Also here is a pic I thought some might find interesting and it might be a good idea for a new thread in the "How to" section - a thread on jersey sizing. So many brands, models, variations etc I think a whole thread for that could be useful.

Here is a picture of a size 56 Edge 2.0 (my all star above) underneath of a 6100 sz 52. As you can see, theyre pretty much exactly the same size.

2w65v7m.jpg

This kind of dork would...and all I got in return was this stinkin sabres jersey and a pack of skittles :(

2797523960105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

...but don't worry, I wouldn't have moved it if I didn't have a replacement :thumbsup:

On a plus note, I managed to pick up this 90s Nords and sure enough the original tags are still there :)

2912693400105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

It was stated in the auction, but don't ask me why the seller didnt' take pics showing them...

Nice pick-up Chris! Looks like there was a Cosby tag in the neck - poor Gerry, another tag bites the dust.

Here are some jersey I got over the week. Part 1

First up Detroit Red Wings - New with tags

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

Pittsburgh Pinguins

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

Anaheim Mighty Ducks - New with tags

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

New York Islanders - New with tags

IMG_0919.jpg