Gotta be someone on here...

Hockey Bob

Good show buddy! :thumbsup:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/zamboni-drunk-driving-bust-194378

Strike 3... this guy won't even be able to ride a bike.

WINNING!

Talk about over-zealous police! Before I even read the article, I assumed it was in the US-- any Canadian officer would probably have been like "If you let me drive, I'll let you off easy." I know I want to drive a zamboni!

How can they bust you if you are not on a public road? Driving a Zamboni erratically? Ice is SLIPPERY!

How can they bust you if you are not on a public road? Driving a Zamboni erratically? Ice is SLIPPERY!

While I agree they shouldn't be able to arrest you for DWI while at the rink, they could have given him a 5 and game misconduct for boarding... :thumbsup: Or, at least "Public Intoxication"...who knows. I was at the Brown University vs Clarkson game last night and the zamboni driver was horrible...he had to go over spots he missed 4 times.. :huh:

i will have to disagree and say the cops did exactly what needed to be done

1- there was a complaint its not like the cops were chilling having a smoothy at the local rink when they noticed a suspicious driver possibly drunk. This was a compliant that indicated the zamboni driver was hitting the boards and could possibly hurt someone including himself.

2- althought i can see the levity in the article what if this moron driving the zamboni had hurt himself or worse hurt a child? what if it was your son or daughter?

3-take a look at the guys pic this wasn't a guy who had a few beers and then mowed his lawn , this is a guy operating a 3 ton vehicle around people and children...the guy is absolutely smashed in the pic.

4-IN Canada you can be arrested for operating a vehicle while under the influence even on private property as long as there is access to the private property ( a road, road way or entrance) basically everywhere.

Lastly i have worked in law enforcement for 12 years and i always fid it humorous how we criticize Police officers for doing their jobs , i mean we do it amongst ourselves so i think its only normal people on the outside do it but what exactly should the cops have down let him keep caroming off the boards ? this guy is a pid employ who got loaded and acted like a jack Arse seems like he got what he deserved to me.

i will end by saying i must admit must be cool to drive the zamboni loaded lol