Leafs / Wings Winter Classic 2013

St. Patrick

Yeah, I think you're being lied to...probably by people who had lied to them. Reebok probably made Canadian 2.0's and Indonesian knockoffs but didn't differentiate...so if you ordered from them you probably got one or the other (and this bulls*** story of you ended up with the Indos)

I have a legit 2.0 Red Wings in size 56 from Frozen Pond, I think they had size 52 and 56 available when I ordered.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think you're being lied to...probably by people who had lied to them. Reebok probably made Canadian 2.0's and Indonesian knockoffs but didn't differentiate...so if you ordered from them you probably got one or the other (and this bulls*** story of you ended up with the Indos)

I have a legit 2.0 Red Wings in size 56 from Frozen Pond, I think they had size 52 and 56 available when I ordered.

I think calling Indo-Edges "knockoffs" is only going to further confuse things here. They aren't authentic to what players wear on the ice, but they're an official product. They're not knockoffs.

I went ahead and placed an order today for the Wings Pro from Frozen Pond. I'll take some pics when it gets here.

Man, that sewn piping on the Wings jersey doesn't look good - they should've went with sublimation in my op.

That being said, the Leafs one is still miles better. On a similar note: When CCM made their 'Vintage Series', did they make an authentic version of the Pre-1992-93 road?

When CCM made their 'Vintage Series', did they make an authentic version of the Pre-1992-93 road?

Yes, they did. This is one that I have:

g_anderson_f-2.jpgg_anderson_b-1-1.jpg

Yes, they did. This is one that I have:

Awesome, thanks for the info d00de. I wouldn't mind so much getting a replica, hockeyjerseyoutlet on eBay has loads of them. Although, I doubt I'd shell out $90 for a replica that's been around for ages and was made in vast amounts. Maybe I'm just too stingy...

The authentic is OK, but it's air-knit and has the baggier post-2000 cut, so it's not exactly accurate. I just wish that the ultrafil originals weren't so darn tough to find- those are some killer jerseys! (Slim doesn't seem to have any trouble finding them though...)

I was hoping The Cat would be in the Alumni Game, so I could make one up. But yeah, I'd much rather have an original and make a Potvin rookie - and as you say, awesome jerseys. Yeah... if only there was a way to steal his collecting powers.

Bermp. Here's a thought: What do people think of the idea of doing the customisation on the Leafs' jersey like the original? They're using the same font, but I think it'd be interesting to see a triple layer blue on white on black, or perhaps blue on white with black kiss-cut outline.

MapleLeafs04.png

Also, I think they're should be an exception to putting names on the back of the Winter Classic jerseys if the franchise pre-dates the 1977-78 season.

Bermp. Here's a thought: What do people think of the idea of doing the customisation on the Leafs' jersey like the original? They're using the same font, but I think it'd be interesting to see a triple layer blue on white on black, or perhaps blue on white with black kiss-cut outline.

MapleLeafs04.png

Also, I think they're should be an exception to putting names on the back of the Winter Classic jerseys if the franchise pre-dates the 1977-78 season.

I doubt they'll change the customization now that they've started selling customized jerseys.

But I'll say this, your "exception" makes no sense to me, lol. If a player didn't wear the Winter Classic jersey (meaning with the patch) then it's a jersey foul. That's just my opinion though.

If a player didn't wear the Winter Classic jersey (meaning with the patch) then it's a jersey foul. That's just my opinion though.

You've completely lost me there. I was meaning if a team participating in the Winter Classic pre-dates the nameplate rule that came about in the 1977-78 season, they should be allowed to just put the player's number on the jersey without the player's name if they so choose to.

For example:

• The Leafs pre-date 1977-78
  • Nazem Kadri is playing in the Winter Classic for them (pending trades/injuries)
  • The Leafs should be able to put just #43 on that Winter Classic jersey without a 'Kadri' namplate (if they choose to)

Ah I misunderstood your original point. That's a cool idea, but I don't think they'd ever go for it, just from a marketing and money perspective.

Sorry, I probably overcomplicated things by bringing in the NHL rule. Yeah you're right - unfortunate, but the NHL need every penny they can get being an independent small business. :P