Leafs / Wings Winter Classic 2013

St. Patrick

I will by the Leafs jersey regardless of what they release. But I hope its the white 1930's design.

I'm thinking the same thing but with both teams. My two favorite teams will be playing, I'm gonna hafta buy both jerseys. I may sell one of my cheap guitars to buy the jerseys.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking the same thing but with both teams. My two favorite teams will be playing, I'm gonna hafta buy both jerseys. I may sell one of my cheap guitars to buy the jerseys.

I agree, i'll be saving money during the summer for this one. Landscaping has tremendous benefits but unless it snows in NJ (unlike this year) i dont make too much money. I cant wait to get these jerseys though.

I agree, i'll be saving money during the summer for this one. Landscaping has tremendous benefits but unless it snows in NJ (unlike this year) i dont make too much money. I cant wait to get these jerseys though.

Landscaping? You might have better luck doing manscaping in Jersey.

I was actually suggesting reversed versions of those. I can't see the Red Wings passing up an opportunity to wear red as the home team. Also I think the new trend is to release an entirely new design so they can cash in on more sales instead of reusing a historical style that has already been re-issued & sold.

So after some quick photoshop work he's what I was imagining. I agree still would be a ton of stripes :lol:

zjuh7c.png

These look too good. They're already producing them in China and will be available to purchase next week.(they'll have an Yzerman to boot)

Landscaping? You might have better luck doing manscaping in Jersey.

Thats my side job bro, free manscapes for the first 5 customers. And then i head to Seaside to GTL, i go hard everyday all day.

Thats my side job bro, free manscapes for the first 5 customers. And then i head to Seaside to GTL, i go hard everyday all day.

You probably don't want to say "go hard" after "manscaping."

Replicas for WC jerseys aren't Edge cuts, right?

I remember seeing the newer Penguins jersey and the Caps one last Xmas and they seemed to be a bit better quality-wise: thicker material, better crest stuff, etc.?

I was actually suggesting reversed versions of those. I can't see the Red Wings passing up an opportunity to wear red as the home team. Also I think the new trend is to release an entirely new design so they can cash in on more sales instead of reusing a historical style that has already been re-issued & sold.

So after some quick photoshop work he's what I was imagining. I agree still would be a ton of stripes :lol:

zjuh7c.png

Love this

Wow, I really like Akteon and Mike's ideas for these jerseys. :thumbsup: Nice thinking, you two.

What kills me is that we're already speculating about this, and in all-likelihood they won't be released for a while... I just hope Toronto and Detroit don't wait 10,000 years to FINALLY unveil them.... which was the case for this year's game. :noway:

I hope for you Leafs and Wings fans that Reebok produces more than a scant handful of authentics, unlike this years Rangers WC authentics that were very hard to come by.

I hope for you Leafs and Wings fans that Reebok produces more than a scant handful of authentics, unlike this years Rangers WC authentics that were very hard to come by.

If they're smart they will because the Leafs jersey will sell like freakin hot cakes. I will cut anybody who gets one before me, not even joking.

I was just thinking, what happens if the NHL has another lockout? :o

I was at MSG tonight, and they have absolutely no more authentic Winter Classic jerseys, and don't expect to get any more in. So much for that. On the other hand, all authentic jerseys were 40% off tonight. Still not worth the money.

I was just thinking, what happens if the NHL has another lockout?

We take the owners hostage, shoot Bettman and name Steve Yzerman commissioner.

Seriously, I'll lose my mind if there's another lockout. I can't go without hockey again, especially since I have jerseys to wear.

I will hunt down and torture anybody who gets one before me, not even joking.

Fixed this for you.....

Seriously though.....I still think this is the way to go

Arenas1.png

There is not too much variance in the Leafs jersey design over their history.

Heritage has been done, St. Pats has been done, this is a carryover when they joined the league as the Arenas, and incorporates the University of Toronto's varsity blues logo as well, so it blends some culture in there too.

(no I am not partial to them even though I graduated twice from there :P)

As for Detroit, this would be a good offset

Falcons.png

Kinda looks like the st pats design sans all the stripes. And this is a cool snippet from NHLuniforms.com

"The team changes its name to the Falcons and wears a color other than red for the only time in its history."

Pretty cool to use that with the different colour scheme.

Oh and speaking to being there.....it is the experience of being at an outdoor game that I want to have, yeah the view sucks and I will still donwload an HD braodcast to watch the game at home (that will be probably too far to see from where I likely will be sitting anyway) but this happens once a year, and Toronto isn't going to be a part of all of them. So there will only be a handful of opportunities to go to one in my lifetime, and Detroit is driveable distance (without the wife complaining about needing to get out of the car every three hours).

The only thing that could top this is Toronto/Montreal in Montreal (and I can stay with family there luckily)

Either way, I plan on going (and of course getting the jersey to add to my Leafs collection)

Either way, I plan on going (and of course getting the jersey to add to my Leafs collection)

I would for sure go. I went to the Hawks-Wings at Wrigley and while it was cold as hell and the Wings won it was still a great time. Regarding seats at Michigan Stadium, you do not need a seat on the 50 yard line in the 50th row to have a good view. The first row of seats is about 6 feet above field level which makes it much easier to see in low rows than at baseball fields. Here are my seats at the Big Chill, about the 20th row.

163412_468207891890_672036890_6171752_1567463_n.jpg

Waiting impatiently for the NHL to build a true outdoor hockey stadium as a permanent location for the WC, All Star game, random exhibition games in winter, etc.

I vote Quebec city as the location

Need to find tickets and also buy Wings jerseys! And t's...and hoodie's...and hats...man this is going to be expensive!

• 4 months later...

I heard that tickets may not be available for sale to the public

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/wiim_offers_some_preliminary_winter_classic_ticket-pricing_info/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Anyone have insight into this or can someone in Michigan confirm?

Having been to both the 2010 in Boston and the 2012 in Philadelphia, this is definitely something to experience. I'll pretty much go every time the Flyers are involved.

My in laws actually got tickets for me and my wife for the 2013 game, but we're not sure what we're gonna do yet.