Leafs / Wings Winter Classic 2013

St. Patrick

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter... they're not going to play.

It's really a shame that is actually a reality as each day passes. Shame on the league for not being able to compromise (to date). :noway:

Relax, hockey will be back by the beginning of December at the latest. No way in hell the winter classic gets cancelled.

Relax, hockey will be back by the beginning of December at the latest. No way in hell the winter classic gets cancelled.

It doesn't matter... if they can't get it together in 14 days I'm done with the NHL. I quit on MLB, NBA and the NFL when they all got greedy, I can surely dump the NHL too ("and don't call me Shirley").. The game is so watered down now anyway. Plenty of other things to spend time and $$ on these days.

• 1 month later...

What a dumbass who thought this would happen. Some people :noway:

Winter Classic was supposed to be cancelled today, but because of the Hurricane, the NHL offices are closed. My guess is by Wednesday this game gets thrown out.

I think this is getting misconstrued in the media. I don't think they'd announce another cancellation only 3 days after the last batch. There's simply no need to only spread those announcements out by 3 days. I think they're saying that this may delay the announcement since it was supposed to be later this week.

Still going to get cancelled, but I just think it wasn't coming today.

I just read that the NHL plans to cancel the Winter Classic on Thursday.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8568966/as-nhl-lockout-drags-winter-classic-canceled-source-says

Just cancel the whole season so I can get my season refund. I'm sick of the NHL lately

I'm with you. I am also waiting for the ASG to be canceled next so that I can get that money back too. With prepaying for the ASG, Skill Comp and season tickets I have a bunch of money just sitting around not being used that I could put to good use.

Winter Classic cancelled....

There goes the season.

I find it funny that this hasn't showed up on nhl.com but it has on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8583243/nhl-cancels-winter-classic-toronto-maple-leafs-detroit-red-wings-source-says

I find it funny that this hasn't showed up on nhl.com but it has on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/n...ngs-source-says

NHL.com won't put it up until they make an official announcement.

ESPN's story says "sources say."

Obviously they cancellation is coming, but it shouldn't surprise you that NHL.com isn't putting it up without an official announcement.

Season is done, they aren't even meeting. Donald Fehr is a deadly negotiator look at what he has done in the past 1994 mlb they scraped half the season + playoffs. Players were warned by him this may cost 1 or 2 seasons. PLayers have never been this quiet during collective bargaining there are no leaks and it looks like there is no one saying anything against the union. The owners are happy to ride things out 90% do not make their money from hockey they make it from all the other ventures they are involved in. Seems to me 2012-13 is done there too much animosity and very little progress both sides are not laying down one bit...now i worry about 2013-14 because as far as i am concerned there is little chance of a 2012-13 season

I feel really sorry for the people who have to eat their flight/hotel costs because of this. It's one thing to hold people's season ticket money and offer them interest on that money but now the NHL/NHLPA have cost a lot of people their hard earned money because of their idiocy. I know I would be livid and would be calling the NHL offices on an hourly basis until I got all my costs refunded.

I feel really sorry for the people who have to eat their flight/hotel costs because of this. It's one thing to hold people's season ticket money and offer them interest on that money but now the NHL/NHLPA have cost a lot of people their hard earned money because of their idiocy. I know I would be livid and would be calling the NHL offices on an hourly basis until I got all my costs refunded.

Yea, I could honestly see a class action lawsuit coming. This is just wrong. Granted, it's probably all for naught, but wouldn't that be hilarious if the NHL was sued two years in a row over the Winter Classic? That can't be good publicity.