2011-2012 Atlantic Division Trash Talk Thread

NYIJM29

I watched that game on Sunday (Pens-Flyers) and thought, "These guys are going to wear each other out over their series". I'm hoping they take all 7 games to decide the winner.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rupp definitely lost that one no question. The first fight was more even, but I still think Prust took it.

Oh and "you can't beat us" ... but please beat the be-jebus out of the Pens :P

Seriously it's gotta be in their heads by now.

But was I the only one to think that might have been the single worst officiated game I have ever watched? For both sides, might I mention. The Callahan penalty in the first period was brutal, especially because it was Simmonds who was throwing the punches. Then the Schenn boarding penalty for completely missing Staal was a head scratcher as well.

The Rangers might be the single most frustrating team to play against. Their defense is solid and they have Henrik back there seeming to stop everything in sight.

For the Flyers sake, I'm very happy they wont have to face eachother at least in the first round

z - NY Rangers

LOL! That's great. Btw, the people in 329 are obnoxious and their songs are terrible. Some harmony would be nice :thumbsup:

LOL! That's great. Btw, the people in 329 are obnoxious and their songs are terrible. Some harmony would be nice :thumbsup:

Your mom. :thumbsup:

Heres a great read on the Isles. http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/04/03/the-islanders-treatment-of-pat-lafontaine-is-embarrassing/

I actually really agree with this piece. I think Snow is doing a great job as GM (signing Moulson to a contract, waiver claim of Grabner and Nabokov, trading Mike Mottau and Brian Rolston, trading for Ryan Smyth, drafting John Tavares) and think the team would be better if Wang was not the owner. Frankly, Wang is the problem on Long Island.

I watched that game on Sunday (Pens-Flyers) and thought, "These guys are going to wear each other out over their series". I'm hoping they take all 7 games to decide the winner.

Yeah, don't worry we'll take 'em out for you. B) Then their fans will start CRYing about how dirty the Penguins are and that it's "not fair" that other teams can knock the Flyers around. :lol:

While trying to track down the animated gif that Guam failed at posting, I came across my new favorite, Crosby getting punked by Henrik.

lundqvist-vs-crosby-o.gif

While trying to track down the animated gif that Guam failed at posting, I came across my new favorite, Crosby getting punked by Henrik.

lundqvist-vs-crosby-o.gif

I hate Crosby. Not because he's good (he's actually great). But he just irritates me. And when he glues on that playoff mustache, he looks like a pedophile.

A whiny pedophile.

What happened to that guy Sean Avery? :lol:

Last I heard he was retiring. Hasn't played for the CT Whale since January.

He sucked as a hockey player, but dangit if he wasn't entertaining at times :thumbsup:

avery-rule-o.gif

I hate Crosby. Not because he's good (he's actually great). But he just irritates me. And when he glues on that playoff mustache, he looks like a pedophile.

A whiny pedophile.

Problem with Crosby is that he lets guys get inside his head WAY WAY WAY too easily. This segment is a perfect example. Lundquist gets in his face (acting unprofessional), and Crosby takes the bait. Had he just skated away that whole situation could be avoided. But I'm with you guys on the whiny aspect of his game. It HAS to go. I think Crosby could earn a lot more respect from players and fans if he grows up a little more.

Problem with Crosby is that he lets guys get inside his head WAY WAY WAY too easily. This segment is a perfect example. Lundquist gets in his face (acting unprofessional), and Crosby takes the bait. Had he just skated away that whole situation could be avoided. But I'm with you guys on the whiny aspect of his game. It HAS to go. I think Crosby could earn a lot more respect from players and fans if he grows up a little more.

Getting in Crosby's head isn't unprofessional, it's effective.

Look at Schenn's crosscheck on Sid last weekend. Obviously it was a bit cheap, but it gets him away from doing what he does best. He said it himself that the Flyers bring out the worst in him. As a Flyers fan, that is exactly what I want to hear. Let him take penalties rather than scoring.

Oh and it's now official. Flyers/Pens first round.

Thank you Flyers.

Matt Read :wub: :wub:

I really wish Jagr scored the winning goal.

Definitely would have made for an interesting response :lol:

Getting in Crosby's head isn't unprofessional, it's effective.

Look at Schenn's crosscheck on Sid last weekend. Obviously it was a bit cheap, but it gets him away from doing what he does best. He said it himself that the Flyers bring out the worst in him. As a Flyers fan, that is exactly what I want to hear. Let him take penalties rather than scoring.

Oh and it's now official. Flyers/Pens first round.

Getting inside his head isn't, I meant in general, players going up to the other team after the whistle and trying to instigate $h!t is unprofessional.

Sid's gonna have to grow up fast. And yeah that probably is the Flyers plan, to make him do stupid things like take penalties or retaliate. But I think the chippiness between the two teams could be hurtful in the playoffs, especially if the referees don't put up with any of it. They start calling penalties and throwing guys out, and the series will come down to skill and not whoever can pull stupid crap and try to intimidate.

I really wish Jagr scored the winning goal.

Definitely would have made for an interesting response :lol:

Yeah might result in another one of those images of a Jagr jersey being burned. :lol:

players going up to the other team after the whistle and trying to instigate $h!t is unprofessional.

Chirping is part of the game, it's not unprofessional. Most chirping happens after the play.

Heck the most classic case of chirping I can think of was Trottier and Stevens of the Pens chirping Brian Bellows:

• 4 weeks later...

Same guy who made the Nassau State of Mind video (for you NYers). I am friends with his lil bro. They are big Isles fans. Very glad Tyler made this video. Very funny. I am glad I have the Yankees to keep my sanity

I am glad I have the Yankees to keep my sanity

I don't know how sane you or any of the rest of us will be without #42.....I can't believe his career is gonna end like that

I don't know how sane you or any of the rest of us will be without #42.....I can't believe his career is gonna end like that

Boo hoo, just go buy another closer. :lol:

Boo hoo, just go buy another closer. :lol:

Yes, because we bought a guy who's been with the organization for 20 years. There's no replacing Mariano.