It has arrived!

LordStanley1893

Well I wanted something unique to wear to Sabres games and I'm a big North Dakota fan so this was a perfect fit.

So here it is my Authentic North Dakota Jersey (Green) (sz 56 as nike's tend to run smaller) with Stafford, 18 on the back. Enjoy!

Front:

DSCN2520.jpg

Back:

DSCN2521.jpg

Close Up of Back:

DSCN2522.jpg

I bought the jersey from siouxshop.com and had Icejerseys letter it and it turned out awesome. I will definitely have them letter more of my jerseys.

That is a very nice jersey!! :thumbsup: What did it cost you alltogether?

I got the jersey for christmas (they are on siouxshop.com for $180) and I bought the lettering for $80 + shipping. Since they are the only place who really does college hockey lettering I didn't mine the price.

I got the jersey for christmas (they are on siouxshop.com for $180) and I bought the lettering for $80 + shipping. Since they are the only place who really does college hockey lettering I didn't mine the price.

Looks good!

Absolutely stunning, SL. And a great sweater to wear to Sabres games - assuming we don't make the mistake of using Drew as bait for some kind of playoff rental, I think he's going to have a great future with Buffalo and that jersey is a beauty one way or the other. Excellent job with the customization too, IJ. ::applause::

:stickhndl:

Absolutely stunning, SL. And a great sweater to wear to Sabres games - assuming we don't make the mistake of using Drew as bait for some kind of playoff rental, I think he's going to have a great future with Buffalo and that jersey is a beauty one way or the other. Excellent job with the customization too, IJ. ::applause::

:stickhndl:

lol yeah. I have two more games I can wear it to this year and I'm going to a Stafford auto session on Monday (not getting the jersey signed though). I'll let you know what he thinks of it.

Well I met Stafford at a auto signing at a local card shop tonight. He is a great guy very down to earth. He was really impressed by the jersey and happy that someone remembered his North Dakota days. See that IJ even the pros like your work.

Well I met Stafford at a auto signing at a local card shop tonight. He is a great guy very down to earth. He was really impressed by the jersey and happy that someone remembered his North Dakota days. See that IJ even the pros like your work.

Awesome. I like Drew - think he'll have a very bright future. It's cool to hear he appreciated the jersey.

Glad to hear that our work was approved (though not really surprised :thumbsup: ).

To be totally honest, it is a bit of an inside joke here at IceJerseys: If you were to take a close look at the jerseys the players actually wear, they are rarely well customized. Players often have jerseys that are lettered and numbered rather poorly, and they probably don't even notice. However, we get customers who will take rulers and protractors and calculators to prove to us that one letter on a jersey we did is 1/8th of an inch off line, and they can't accept the jersey! Now, if something is visibly off, we almost always catch it and fix it on our own before it goes to the customer - however a barely discernible anomally that gets by us can still make many customers very upset - even though that same player may be taking to the ice in a jersey that is totally cockeyed!

That's interesting, it makes sense though especially when players are traded they have to letter the jerseys asap.

Glad to hear that our work was approved (though not really surprised :thumbsup: ).

To be totally honest, it is a bit of an inside joke here at IceJerseys: If you were to take a close look at the jerseys the players actually wear, they are rarely well customized. Players often have jerseys that are lettered and numbered rather poorly, and they probably don't even notice. However, we get customers who will take rulers and protractors and calculators to prove to us that one letter on a jersey we did is 1/8th of an inch off line, and they can't accept the jersey! Now, if something is visibly off, we almost always catch it and fix it on our own before it goes to the customer - however a barely discernible anomally that gets by us can still make many customers very upset - even though that same player may be taking to the ice in a jersey that is totally cockeyed!

That's an interesting story. I think the fans probably care more about how "authentic" a jersey is moreso than the players. I really don't care if my jersey is EXACTLY like the numbering/feel of what they wear on the ice, I just want it to look reasonably like what they are wearing.

Along the lines of players not noticing their jerseys have customizing "issues", whenever I get to talk to a player one of my standard questions is "Why do you wear the number you do?"

I'm surprised that so many NHL players, the best 600 in the whole world mind you, frequently say, "It's the number they gave me when I arrived. I'm just happy to be here."

You would think that they would at least coddle the best of the best a bit more and hand them a list of available numbers to pick from to keep them as happy as possible.

As for the jersey, I really love drop-shadowed numbers. Those always look great on a hockey jersey and the vertically arched letters for the name are also a classy style.

Well that green sure is bold, fabric looks like it came from a prom dress in the 80's. :lol:

However your dedication is honorable and that lettering is quite sharp. Props to IJ as well for they're work.

(Speaking of players numbers) One thing that drives me nuts is my number is 83 on all the jerseys I have done in my name, so everyone asks me why 83? The year you are born? ..then I have to tell them it's the year my grandfather died and I was 3 at the time. Then they feel bad for me, it kills the conversation. 83 I tell ya, should have kept it simple and picked a random one. :)

Stafford earned a TON of respect in my books tonight - and I was already a fan.

Well that green sure is bold, fabric looks like it came from a prom dress in the 80's. :lol:

However your dedication is honorable and that lettering is quite sharp. Props to IJ as well for they're work.

lol the green looks better in person the flash kind of killed it.

Stafford earned a TON of respect in my books tonight - and I was already a fan.

Excellent game by him. 2pts, a fight and the SO winner not to shabby.

Excellent game by him. 2pts and the SO winner not to shabby.

And he was the first to stand up for Drury after the Neil hit. I'm loving this kid right now. And you've really hooked me on this jersey too... I'd hate to be a copy cat, but I might have to go with the white sweater in the future, or a Toews one if I can't bring myself to do the same thing as you when you were so original with your choice of jersey.

And he was the first to stand up for Drury after the Neil hit. I'm loving this kid right now. And you've really hooked me on this jersey too... I'd hate to be a copy cat, but I might have to go with the white sweater in the future, or a Toews one if I can't bring myself to do the same thing as you when you were so original with your choice of jersey.

I'd be flattered I wouldn't hold it against you. You could even go with the black if you want. Or Buffalo could get another UND alumn maybe Chicago wants Biron and Kotalik for Toews lol.

Haha. I'm sure Toews would do a "F***in' great job" in Buffalo. Not so sure Chicago wants to give him up though. I think he's supposed to be signing.

Haha. I'm sure Toews would do a "F***in' great job" in Buffalo. Not so sure Chicago wants to give him up though. I think he's supposed to be signing.

After his WJC performance they would be crazy to. I like the foundation the Hawks are building with Barker, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland, Skille, Rutuu, Toews, and Vorobiev.

After his WJC performance they would be crazy to. I like the foundation the Hawks are building with Barker, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland, Skille, Rutuu, Toews, and Vorobiev.

Yeah - I love the way they're looking for the future. Vorobiev had some issue with the management though and might not be willing to play with them. Still, it does little to detract from what could be a bright future if they make the right moves. I hope they do.

Yeah - I love the way they're looking for the future. Vorobiev had some issue with the management though and might not be willing to play with them. Still, it does little to detract from what could be a bright future if they make the right moves. I hope they do.

Yes I heard about that it was issue with the blackhawks being biased against Russians.

• 1 month later...
Nice!I'm sending a UMD one to get customized.How long did it take?

About 1.5 months probably because it was right after the holidays. I'd recommend contacting them (if you haven't) and pics are always good.