Victoria Royals Jersey

Sk3

Hey guys, new to the forums here!

Anyway I own a few jerseys, about 50/50 CCM/Reebok, But I bought a new Royals Jersey from the team store, and it doesn't feel anything like my Reebok Canucks or (guilty) Bruins jersey. It's lighter, and feels thinner too. The sizing is also slightly different, as the large fits like a medium, medium a small, and the XL somewhere between an L and XL.

My question is, why is the material different? Did reebok change the way they're doing jerseys? Is it just a lower quality jersey because the teams cheap or what?

Hey guys, new to the forums here!

Anyway I own a few jerseys, about 50/50 CCM/Reebok, But I bought a new Royals Jersey from the team store, and it doesn't feel anything like my Reebok Canucks or (guilty) Bruins jersey. It's lighter, and feels thinner too. The sizing is also slightly different, as the large fits like a medium, medium a small, and the XL somewhere between an L and XL.

My question is, why is the material different? Did reebok change the way they're doing jerseys? Is it just a lower quality jersey because the teams cheap or what?

Welcome.

Reebok switched to the "Edge/Premier" style in 2007 for the NHL and AHL, and the CHL teams switched in 2009. If you are comparing this new jersey to an older CCM style, that is why. But the Premier replica jerseys for the NHL are very different from the Premier CHL/AHL jerseys. The NHL jerseys are made in Indonesia, with a slightly thicker polyester material, sewn-on screen printed plastic shoulder patches, a "jock tag" on the front, and a "reebok" logo on the left sleeve. CHL/AHL Premier jerseys are made in Canada with a slightly thinner material, glued on cloth printed shoulder patches, and no jock tag or Reebok logo on the sleeve. CHL jerseys have the Reebok and league logo on the front. As far as the sizing being different, from the older 550-style to the Premier, yes there is a slight difference, but as far as NHL vs CHL Premier, that's news to me. I have an IceDogs Premier which is just about the same size as the other Premier's I have, which aren't that many. I hate what they did to jerseys with this style. Also remember this about CHL jerseys, they will sell a lot less that NHL, so that may be a reason that they make the jerseys in Canada vs sending overseas. The cost per unit is more, as is the cost of labor. That may be why they use a different material for the bodies, to save money.

Alright, thanks! It may just be the shipment the team got in, the 1st shipment, all were a size smaller (the L, the M) but they had no XL, and now the XL from shipment 2 fits like what an XL probably fits like, its too big.

But yeah, compared to my other jerseys, it felt weird, i own some blank CCMs, as well as a Seguin RBK, a Naslund RBK and a L Schenn signed RBK

Edited by Sk3

I saw a couple Royals jerseys at Kirby's source for sports, they were identical, except they seemed heavier, wtf? is there any reason for it?

Edited by Sk3