Rick Nash

akteon

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Jackets fan....No disrespect....I'm a born and raised Flyers fan.

Oh I know you're a Flyers fan. Sorry man, my comment was directed at Wooten.

I read last night on hockeybuzz that the Blackhawks had put in an offer on Nash. John Jackel didn't give specifics but said the offer included "NHL players/AHL player/pick" and that the offer did not include Patrick Kane.

My guess...

Patrick Sharp($5.9 million)

Michael Frolik($2.5 million)

AHL'er($500k)

pick

for

Rick Nash($7.8 million)

I'd be down with that, I'd love to see Nash on the Hawks.

I'd like to see Nash in a Hawks jersey. I'd go for that, but would rather see Kane go than Sharp. Frolik has been a complete bust for the Hawks.

I just can't see Nash going to a team inside Columbus's division. That would be a total boneheaded move. My guess is that, despite all the offers, especially considering LA and WSH could put together deals for him, Columbus will hang on to Rick Nash.

If they trade him, who do they have left? He's basically the franchise. No way Jeff Carter or RJ Umberger replace him. They just aren't as talented or have the leadership. Think Alex Semin would be a leader? No.

Columbus would be smart to keep him and continue to build around him. I know easier said than done. They thought Carter was going to come in and score 30-40 goals. Hasn't happened as he isn't even at 15. IMO Jackets should go after a Phil Kessel type player, a guy who will make an impact alongside Nash.

I just can't see Nash going to a team inside Columbus's division. That would be a total boneheaded move. My guess is that, despite all the offers, especially considering LA and WSH could put together deals for him, Columbus will hang on to Rick Nash.

If they trade him, who do they have left? He's basically the franchise. No way Jeff Carter or RJ Umberger replace him. They just aren't as talented or have the leadership. Think Alex Semin would be a leader? No.

Columbus would be smart to keep him and continue to build around him. I know easier said than done. They thought Carter was going to come in and score 30-40 goals. Hasn't happened as he isn't even at 15. IMO Jackets should go after a Phil Kessel type player, a guy who will make an impact alongside Nash.

Continue building around him? They have been doing that for the past 10 years and they are actually shittier than they were when they draft him. Bringing in a Kessel-type puckhog isn't going to make things any better when they have been terrible trying to build around one.

Continue building around him? They have been doing that for the past 10 years and they are actually shittier than they were when they draft him. Bringing in a Kessel-type puckhog isn't going to make things any better when they have been terrible trying to build around one.

When I referred to Kessel, I meant a player who has a talented scoring capacity. Quite frankly I believe Alex Semin would play well alongside Nash, but that likely would not happen. As I pointed out, Jeff Carter has tanked thus far, and Umberger is not a proven 30+ goal scorer. These guys aren't demonstrating the ability to produce alongside Nash.

Honestly, trading Nash is likely one of the stupidest things Columbus could do. You get rid of the franchise player, and are still left with a big ? in goal. You're going to build that team around a guy they'd get for Nash, like Semin or Kesler or someone like that? I don't think so.

When I referred to Kessel, I meant a player who has a talented scoring capacity. Quite frankly I believe Alex Semin would play well alongside Nash, but that likely would not happen. As I pointed out, Jeff Carter has tanked thus far, and Umberger is not a proven 30+ goal scorer. These guys aren't demonstrating the ability to produce alongside Nash.

Honestly, trading Nash is likely one of the stupidest things Columbus could do. You get rid of the franchise player, and are still left with a big ? in goal. You're going to build that team around a guy they'd get for Nash, like Semin or Kesler or someone like that? I don't think so.

It's hard to anyone to produce alongside Nash when they can't get the puck from that puckhogging black hole. You can't just plop Kessel in there expect him to produce. There is a reason why Gaborik never plays on the same line as Brad Richards. Hockey isn't played on paper.

It's hard to anyone to produce alongside Nash when they can't get the puck from that puckhogging black hole. You can't just plop Kessel in there expect him to produce. There is a reason why Gaborik never plays on the same line as Brad Richards. Hockey isn't played on paper.

I agree that it is certainly not played on paper. Clearly Brassard is not aiding Nash's play, as the C on the top line. Honestly, Columbus would be better off with Nash at center, and put a couple guys who can score next to him. Make him more unselfish, turn him into a Geno Malkin or Crosby, who cares more about the team, and passes the puck when greater scoring opportunities arise. But in all seriousness, if Nash is traded, who would want to take on his "puck hogging" style? IMO Nash is the kind of player who wants to be the center of the team. I doubt he'd like it going somewhere like Vancouver, Washington, and LA where he would not be the focal point.

I honestly don't think Nash is going anywhere. It doesn't make sense for a contender to sell the farm and disrupt chemistry to bring him in. Admittedly the Rangers looked like they could use him tonight, but our offense was so anemic that even Nash wouldn't have helped. I think we're a better team without him than we would be with him at this point. In the offseason, sure, maybe make a trade at the draft to get him or someone else, but don't do it now. Not when you have a comfortable lead in the standings and too much at stake.

I think we're a better team without him than we would be with him at this point.

There are 29 NHL teams that are better off without him this season. :lol:

Well they just moved Vermette (to Phoenix) not sure if this will impact them moving Nash as well

I got my Vermette jersey back just in time for him to be traded... awesome

Ouch :(

Stupid double post :(

Edited by RageATheM

There are 29 NHL teams that are better off without him this season. :lol:

All it takes is the ONE team who currently isn't better off without him to make that happen. :lol:

Update on the proposed price for Nash Bridges from Uncle Larry of the Post:

It is believed that Sather, who is not fazed by the ramifications of adding Nash's contract that runs through 2017-18 at a cap hit of $7.8 million per year, is prepared to send Brandon Dubinsky, Christian Thomas, and perhaps 2010 first-rounder Dylan McIlrath plus a first round pick to Columbus in order to bring the 6-foot-4, 220-pound, nine-year veteran to Broadway.

I like this better than any of the previous ones mentioning Kreider or McDonagh. Honestly the chemistry angle doesn't bother me as much as the cap hit down the line when young guys like Stepan, McDonagh, DelZotto, will need need big raises to not loose them.

I'm actually a fan of Dubinsky - I've already got one Dubi jersey and plan on getting another customized with him but to me the Rangers still need to improve their scoring, an area where he's struggled.

If thats the deal and it doesnt include Stepan, Kreider or any of the NHL roster defensemen I will sign off to do that in a heartbeat.

Dustin Penner 2.0

I hope not. I want to grab Penner by his era and kick him out of Los Angeles. I hope we get Nash we need him really bad.

Lots of talk about Nash and the Rangers on NHL Network and Twitter. I'm cringing at the thought of Sather blowing up the team to get him. Unless Columbus came down on their demands, there's no reason for it.

Thank god. Everything on Twitter is that the Rangers made a "mammoth offer" and Columbus turned it down. I'm guessing Dubi + McDonaugh + Del Zotto + Kreider + 1st rounder. I'm also guessing Howson gets fired.

If that offer was real and columbus turned it down, then i am glad they did.

Thank god. Everything on Twitter is that the Rangers made a "mammoth offer" and Columbus turned it down. I'm guessing Dubi + McDonaugh + Del Zotto + Kreider + 1st rounder. I'm also guessing Howson gets fired.

No way - that's pretty much the offer Columbus wanted but Slats made it clear McDonagh, MDZ, and Krieder were off limits.

Per Brooksie:

Columbus GM Scott Howson rejected what is believed a Rangers' final offer of Dubinsky, 21-year-old defenseman Tim Erixon, 2011 first-rounder J.T. Miller, 2010 second-rounder Christian Thomas and a first-round selection in this June's Entry Draft.

I would have been okay if Columbus took that offer, but now we'll just have to wait and see if Slats goes after him over the summer, which should be more of a buyers market, especially now that Howson threw Nash under the bus and announced that Nash asked to be traded.