Rick Nash

akteon

I just can't see Nash going to a team inside Columbus's division. That would be a total boneheaded move. My guess is that, despite all the offers, especially considering LA and WSH could put together deals for him, Columbus will hang on to Rick Nash.

I TOLD you guys Nash would stay put! :P

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us CBJ fans can hope the one good thing that comes out of today is that the front office is finally nuked. Unbelievable goings on here in Columbus. Word is Nash's trade request is a result of the club's management. He's finally had enough of the clown show that is Howson and Priest (and ownership who keeps them employed). Fans are with Nash in this situation, honestly. It's crazy. This could change depending on how much Nash intends to explain on his own, but the feeling is that this is Howson's mess.

Yeah they only spent to the cap to built a team around his fat lazy Arse. Got paid to be a franchise player and wants to bolt when he was actually forced to step up and be one. Boo hoo.

The whole management team should be fired for stating Nash asked for the trade in the first place. They tried to pin this on Nash, but I think everyone saw through them

Yeah they only spent to the cap to built a team around his fat lazy Arse. Got paid to be a franchise player and wants to bolt when he was actually forced to step up and be one. Boo hoo.

Quit cryin' because the Caps didn't trade for him. :lol:

It's going to turn out that it was a GOOD move (for once) after all.

• 3 months later...

Looks like the Nick Rash derby is starting up again.

I am now predicting that the Rangers will get him and whatever the package is, it will definitely include Dubinsky and Del Zotto. I am 100% certain of this because I just got a Dubinsky gamer and a Del Zotto game-issue, and normally players I get game worn jerseys of normally get traded shortly there after.

Looks like the Nick Rash derby is starting up again.

I am now predicting that the Rangers will get him and whatever the package is, it will definitely include Dubinsky and Del Zotto. I am 100% certain of this because I just got a Dubinsky gamer and a Del Zotto game-issue, and normally players I get game worn jerseys of normally get traded shortly there after.

LOL! I honestly wouldn't mind giving up Dubi after his non-existence this season. I know it's one bad year, but it's a bad year coming off a solid contract year and that's not what you want to see from a guy who's supposed to be part of your core. Del Zotto actually grew on me, and I have a friend who would light all her Rangers stuff on fire and become a Devils fan if they traded him.

That said, I'm hoping the Rangers don't go after him if the price is still too steep. Columbus will still want Kreider and that's obviously not happening. I'd rather go after Parise in free agency, even though he was always going to sign with whoever won the cup. LA will be even more unstoppable next season.

I'd rather go after Parise in free agency, even though he was always going to sign with whoever won the cup. LA will be even more unstoppable next season.

Parise, when asked about signing with the Rangers he said, "Absolutely not. No way". Doesn't look too good. He is going to Detroit or Minny.

I would love the Rangers to trade for Rick Nash.

Parise, when asked about signing with the Rangers he said, "Absolutely not. No way". Doesn't look too good. He is going to Detroit or Minny.

I would love the Rangers to trade for Rick Nash.

I heard somewhere that he wanted to be a Ranger. Maybe that was on Radio Free Europe though.

I heard somewhere that he wanted to be a Ranger. Maybe that was on Radio Free Europe though.

Newsday interviewed JP Parise and JP said that Zach would be a good fit for NYR. However, during the Devils locker clean out day (I think), Parise said he isn't going to sign with the Rangers. But talk is cheap. I will believe he will not sign with the rangers when he signs a contract.

I think if the Rangers wanted to sign Parise it would be at the expense of a lot of good young talent they currently have in a few years. Right now they are loaded with good young players who will be due for significant raises.

It would probably put them in a situation like the Blackhawks had a few years back (with the Hossa signing) where they couldn't possibly keep everyone. Obviously if you get a Cup out of it then who cares, but if you don't it's a real bummer to watch all of that talent leave.

I think if the Rangers wanted to sign Parise it would be at the expense of a lot of good young talent they currently have in a few years. Right now they are loaded with good young players who will be due for significant raises.

That's why I want the rangers to trade for Rick Nash!

In 5 years, how are the rangers going to be able to sign Stamkos?

That's why I want the rangers to trade for Rick Nash!

In 5 years, how are the rangers going to be able to sign Stamkos?

I'd rather wait the 5 years lol. Stammer is so much better than Nash.

I'd rather wait the 5 years lol. Stammer is so much better than Nash.

I know! And Nash is signed for 6 (or 7?) more years at a cap hit of $7.8 million (I think)! It will work out soooooo good for the Rangers!

• 3 weeks later...

So Parise took a deal with Minnesota which was stupid of him, sorry Wild fans. He had better options IMO.

That said I think LA might pick Nash up. See the LA Lakers picked up Steve Nash so The LA Kings might pick up Rick Nash. Now that would be sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

I knew Dubi was on the way out, but I'm going to miss Artie.

Montreal got any up and coming blue-chip prospects we can trade for Nash's mammoth contract in a year or two when this trade goes bust?

I think this is a bad trade for the Rangers. They give up Anisimov in the same trade as Dubi, for what? A headcase who won't be able to play on a line with Richards and Gaborik because he can't be a puckhog? He has to be the center of attention to produce and he can't do that on a line with two other superstars. I think we got worse with this trade, not better.

I think this is a bad trade for the Rangers. They give up Anisimov in the same trade as Dubi, for what? A headcase who won't be able to play on a line with Richards and Gaborik because he can't be a puckhog? He has to be the center of attention to produce and he can't do that on a line with two other superstars. I think we got worse with this trade, not better.

And Sather does it again!