97 All Star customization

moneyorder

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameday Sports Archives in Toronto did a good job on mine.

http://gamedaysportsarchives.com/ALLSTAR/ALLSTAR.htm

Normally I'd recommend EPS but on this particular font their letters are a bit too thin. (I know there's at least one other member here besides me who got the thin letters from EPS.) Gameday's are more accurate.

Hi there,

If you look at my post with all my Hawks and All Star jerseys.....you will see I have 5 of them-all authentics...a '94 Roenick...a '96 Belfour, Amonte, Savard and a '97 Chelios....

All were done accurate and at Triple Threat Sports...

Let me know if you need any info

The '94 does have a nameplate.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=63&lotid=846

If you still want Bure, he was #10 that year.

The '94 All Star jersey is the only year from '94, '96 and '97 that had a name plate.....'96 and '97 were sewn right to the jersey...

Triple Threat Sports is in Mokena IL....1-708-479-8875....

I'm going to latch on to this thread to ask a question of my own about the 1994 ASG jerseys. As you might have seen I just picked up an Eastern jersey, and that jersey has two ASG patches, one on each shoulder. This is creating a problem for me, because during my research I've come upon pictures that suggest that the players wore them with both shoulder patches being the same, as shown here...

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/american-professional-ice-hockey-player-mike-richter-goalie-news-photo/72260762

But also with one shoulder patch having the team logo... as shown here...

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/brian-leetch-of-the-new-york-rangers-on-the-bench-during-news-photo/84575588

So, which is correct? The 2nd picture is labeled by Getty Images as being from the 94 ASG at Madison Square Garden, but since those jerseys were used for multiple years is it possible (and more likely) that the picture is labeled incorrectly?

I have a '94 Western Conference All Star...it is # 27 Roenick....has both shoulder patches but there is no team logo in either....

I have a '94 Western Conference All Star...it is # 27 Roenick....has both shoulder patches but there is no team logo in either....

I have 4 2 eastern and western and no team patchs

Every 1994 gamer I've seen photos of has the identical patches. The Getty photo is definitely mislabeled- many of their photos are off by quite a few years. If a photo has a non-specific looking date like Jan 01 I don't trust it as being accurate.

The guy standing behind Leetch has a 1996 ASG patch on his jacket anyway, so you know the photo has the wrong date.

That second shot is NOT Madison Square Garden. There is not any sort of white overhang like that in the upper part of the bowl. That's the Fleet Center or whatever it's called now. Also, if I'm not mistaken, that's Daniel Alfredsson all the way at the end of the bench. He wasn't in the NHL in 1994.

looks like I made a mistake....actually a 94 jersey I have not a 97...is it still without a nameplate and sewn directly onto the jersey?

thanks

I have a western jersey that I'm plannin on having done up as a 94 Roenick. How were you able to tell the difference between 97 and 94. I thought the jerseys were the same for those game.

That second shot is NOT Madison Square Garden. There is not any sort of white overhang like that in the upper part of the bowl. That's the Fleet Center or whatever it's called now. Also, if I'm not mistaken, that's Daniel Alfredsson all the way at the end of the bench. He wasn't in the NHL in 1994.

You can also see the different colored sleeve numbers. 1994 was the only year the Eastern jerseys had the names and sleeve numbers in black with grey border.

I used EPS for my LeClair, and the name font is a hair too thin. Might get it redone eventually.

Yep, actually that was you I was referring to earlier in this thread. :)