97 All Star customization

moneyorder

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I took some picks of the customization. I will cut and paste what I said yesterday...

So I just got mine back, and am pretty disappointed. The embroidery is done in a traditional stitching pattern instead of your typical zig-zag stitch (sorry for lack of technical terms!). This leaves a small flap around the numbers and patches. Is there anyway to fix this? Could I take it to another place and have them "zig zag" over it? Any help/advice ASAP would be appreciated!

thanks!

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

The straight stitches are so far in from the borders of the numbers that even if you zigzagged the edges they wouldn't reach the straight stitches; in other words you would see 2 different types of stitches on the numbers. If you tried to pull out the straight stitches they might leave a bunch of visible holes, so I don't know if you'd want to do that either. Tough call.

I'm planning on doing up my 94 real soon. Is the general consensus to get a kit from Gameday Authentica and then have EPs do the nameplate and stitching? Any idea how much EPS charges for stitching only?

I've never had EPS do just the stitching, so I can't help you regarding the price, but just FYI, Gameday and EPS use very different stitch patterns. EPS's stitches are much finer and smaller (more stitches per inch), so I would ask them to try to match the stitch size on the Gameday kit, otherwise you'll have 2 different stitch sizes on the numbers and letters.

Did you order your kit from Truman as well? I think my two biggest issues will be finding a correct nameplate for mine (since its a 94), and also whether or not I want to get authentic patches or just settle for the two replicas that I bought on eBay (probably just going with replicas).

The first one looks like crap. The ones you have with the white border look authentic.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so Selanne 8's photos of Truman's work on his 97 apparently have some issues.

Does anyone know where to get the right customization for this (actually a 94)? I know that EPS can do the nameplate, but I'm not positive if their customization is correct.

I really hate to say it, but the font isn't 100% accurate. Compare in particular the S and you'll see what I'm saying, look at the ends and how far they are to the middle for the biggest tell:

img8831407.jpg

You're welcome, I hate being a party pooper though :( I found a ton doing my LeClair research, which also isn't entirely accurate. I believe the font itself is good from EPS, just not the width. Also dude, is your outline silver in person or gray?

Whew. Could never get a straight answer on that, thanks!

Nobody can do those all star jerseys perfectly, trust me I looked really hard to find someone who could. I wouldn't sweat it too much if it isn't 100%.

I've also come to terms that these all stars arent going to be perfect, and Im really digging my 94 Bure now.

Who did yours... got any pics?