Flyers Font

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Thanks Rob, exactly what I was looking for!

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Johnny..figured i'd wake this thread back up...i went with the ASG jersey you linked in the other thread so i only have a few questions

1st..EPS says they'll do the work for $65 if i send them the jersey..so as far as cost goes..i guess i'll have them do it..they state the kit will be $60 if i just buy that...so why not pay them an extra 5 to do the work...

now as far as the patch you said to buy from sportsk.com, the jersey i bought already comes with that patch..so i dont need another 1 right?

again i can't thank you enough for the effort you put forth to help me...i want to make sure you know how much i appreciate you taking out the time to help...thank you

If you bought a blank jersey, the right shoulder should already have an All-Star game patch but the left shoulder should not have a patch on it. You need a Flyers patch for the left shoulder if you want to have the jersey done up with a Flyers player.

hey Johnny..figured i'd wake this thread back up...i went with the ASG jersey you linked in the other thread so i only have a few questions

1st..EPS says they'll do the work for $65 if i send them the jersey..so as far as cost goes..i guess i'll have them do it..they state the kit will be $60 if i just buy that...so why not pay them an extra 5 to do the work...

now as far as the patch you said to buy from sportsk.com, the jersey i bought already comes with that patch..so i dont need another 1 right?

again i can't thank you enough for the effort you put forth to help me...i want to make sure you know how much i appreciate you taking out the time to help...thank you

Im pretty sure Johnny is referring to the Flyers shoulder patch which you will need for the ASG jersey.Johnny has purchased multiples of those so if he says Sportsk.com i would definitely trust him. Your ASG will have the ASG patch on the one shoulder and the other shoulder needs to have the team emblem.

What they said. I could have sworn I put comparison pics of the patch up, must be in another thread. Anywho, I've done a TON of research on the patch alone and decided that if it's not dead on, which I can't 100% state, it's pretty much the closest I could find. The only thing that MIGHT be different is the angle of the threading of the white part and I'm dead serious lol. Anywho, you could get it from anywhere really as long as it's National Emblem, but this is the cheapest one that I've bought myself:

http://www.sportsk.com/flcopa.html

Here are a few shots of mine to show you what you're going for. I remember the other difference...this one comes with a twill black border that is too large and needs to be trimmed, Mike handled that for me. I think that's the only significant difference in retrospect, if you find that old thread you can get the details better but just trust me on this one.

HPIM3129.jpg

HPIM3130.jpg

thanks guys...the shoulder patch made sense..i just thought that Johnny was going to tell me that the all-star patch it comes with has incorrect thread DNA which causes an extra .000003.14 seconds of wind drag when i walk....haha..this guy is surgical when it comes to these jerseys...if they ever came out with a jersey forensics "doctorate"...Johnny would be 1st on the list...

but seriously thanks again for the info...patch ordered..jersey ordered...now i may start on the Giroux 12" WC..

Just Flyers man, I'm a little obsessed. You'd find just as much info on other teams around here, too, I just took the time to write a freakin' dissertation on it because it was better than studying for finals at the time lol. Now if only I could convince the Flyers I was this useless and have them hire me for legal work...

The Giroux is easy. You get the jersey and take it to a Skate Zone. Roughly where do you live? Examples, Philly, Spain, North Pole, etc. (as in I'm not going to come to your house at night, just need general location).

So...I actually have something new to report. Turns out Giroux wore the biggest bastardization of the orange jersey I've ever seen. As I said in the first post, the Flyers started wearing a mish-mosh the tail end of the 08-09 season done by Rubertis, using the old sleeve numbers, old back numbers but new font on the nameplate. Check this out:

GirouxFaceoff_zpsce876e25.jpg

Folks, what we have here is Giroux wearing the new sleeve numbers with the thing borders, and the COMPLETELY wrong block lettering that I've never seen used on this jersey before. For proof that this is a complete anomaly, from the same game:

Hartnell_zps54d63fe2.jpg

Asham_zps9cdeff0d.jpg

Knuble_zpsde25a258.jpg

Mind = Exploded.

Not sure why, they show on all my devices. Strange.

I can't see them either, on a phone or computer.

Weird. Try em now, I plopped em in my Photobucket.

What a sad way to spend my Friday night lol, I should donate my life to someone who's going to use it better.

are you kidding me...you are doing a great service...even though i have no real clue what you are referring to on the jerseys in the pics you just posted(even after reading this thread several times)...i find it both educational and entertaining...great stuff...i can picture a flyers fan(you) getting a game jersey tossed to him like the great mean joe green commercial...Giroux: "hey kid...catch"...the kid: "wait a sec...WTH???...mr Giroux...what the heck is this?..next time you toss me a jersey, please make sure the stitching is up to par...the border on the numbers had better be 3/14ths squared and the capital G in your name on this thing is a joke".....Giroux: "would you like an autograph?"....the kid: "man the Pope's signiture wouldn't help this thing....i gotta go ...striping this thing is gonna take forever"......

haha...anyway..I'm in north east MD so im not near any skate zones...

It was set 2. I used to have the Alberts. While it certainly is a mish-mosh I would gladly take, that is pretty strange. That may be the name font they wore on the white jerseys that year. It is hard to see though. Definately the 3rd set numbers with that newer font but oddly enough those sleeve numbers had a thinner black border than 09-10. I noticed that on my 08-09 Coburn set 3.

Back to the Giroux, those rear numbers definately look like the set 2 numbers. Very strange indeed but this further proves the teams intent: "Put this on and go score goals." Wonder who owns that Frankenjersey...

Don thanks but I still feel like a real winner tonight hahaha. Well if you're in MD it'll be a bit harder for you but I'm sure myself or other could take it in for you when you get it. And if he wore it, it could be drawn in crayon, still makes it accurate!

Rob I've been following that weird set for a while, last time I checked Sbisa's was still available on Meigray. It's 100% the white name font, that's easy. The back appears to be the thinner font Rubertis used, the sleeve numbers are what's throwing me off. It's clearly the new sleeve numbers but with the old borders, which I've never seen. That thing is baffling me.

I love Sbisa, he's a dirty Italian like myself and wears my number.

Check out the Coburn on my site. The borders on the sleeve #'s are a tad thinner than the 09-10 sleeve numbers. The rear # borders are just like they wear today.

Interesting. Especially because the sleeves are the font they use now, just not as bold. Kind of like what Giroux is wearing in my pic.

I literally just toss up 08-09 as a poop storm. The ONLY good thing about the Flyers changing from Rubertis to Philly Express is consistency. I have pics from Phantoms games where two players standing next to eachother have jerseys with different fonts. They were so random about everything. Infuriating.

Nicer people though, I'm friends with them there. Just impossible to say something about their work with 100% proof.