Flyers Font

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I'd like to update this thread to show my experience with using EPS for orange 1996-97 and black 1997-98 jerseys.  I think that the results were good. 

Here is my orange Renberg next to the only gamer I could find.

fGugtUY.jpg

HlL6xsA.jpg

Ignoring the color differences in the pictures, I think that it is pretty spot-on, aside from the height of the nameplate material.  But, from my experience with using Ruberti's and seeing lots of pictures of Flyers gamers over the years, nameplate height differs depending on the day, haha.  Next time, I would probably tell EPS to make the nameplate height at least 4 inches.

Here is my black Coffey (heh) next to a Brind'amour from the same year.  Also LeClair and Gagne gamers.

XLWQWkf.jpg

17327.jpg

img10338230.jpg

YiIgaSS.jpg

I couldn't find any clear Coffey gamer pictures, but the font looks correct and the 7s as well.  Note that the names on these black jerseys sometimes have a thicker orange border, depending on the year.  Another Ruberti's anomaly.  I don't know if EPS can replicate this.  I also do not know if EPS can accurately do the post-lockout font as mentioned at the start of this thread.

I haven't gotten EPS to do a white jersey, but I have seen a picture of @LAK74's white Coffey, and it looked good as well.

Anyway, I hope that this helps others when making a decision.  With Ruberti's becoming more and more difficult to use, it's nice to know that there are other avenues to take when customizing this team's older jerseys.  EPS also appears to have any color Air-Knit or Flo-Knit nameplate available, so that is another positive.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea, Josh.  I also had always used Ruberti's for older Flyers jerseys, but they often seemed to not have the nameplate material I needed, so I decided to take the chance that EPS could do the font accurately.  My Nike Coffey, pictured with a gamer below.  (I should add that EPS placed the back numbers a bit farther below the nameplate than I wanted, so I actually removed the nameplate and placed it lower, closer to the tops of the numbers.  Other than that, I was extremely pleased with the result.)

IMG_8160_zpsutxn7mls.jpg

IMG_8157_zpsnlawbqjp.jpg

Yeah, I've noticed that their nameplate placement is a little high. I think that's the position they use for their other teams. I could probably move mine down a little too. 

Possibly could be solved by pointing it out and providing a reference picture at the time of order, for those considering it in the future. 

5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I actually provided pictures. But in the future I will be sure to specifically call it out in the order instructions. 

Yeah, that's why I said possibly. They don't always follow the pictures quite like they should.

im guessing if you specifically call their attention to it, you'd have a good shot.