Columbus peeps, I'm going to a Jacket's game

Krendelev

We're going to be at my wife's parents house in Mansfield, Ohio for Easter so I descided to go see a game in another city. Just bought tickets to the Blue Jackets game against the Islanders on Saturday April 7th. Tickets are in section 104 row H, about 6 rows behind the Islanders bench. Couple of questions...

1. Is the stadium pretty easy to get to?

2. Is there parking close by the stadium? How much should I expect to pay for parking?

3. Any suggestions for a decent place to eat near the stadium that's not fast food and that won't break the bank.

Thanks for any help.

Wear an Islanders jersey so I can spot you :thumbsup:

I was actually thinking that. I don't own a Columbus jersey yet and I do have an Islanders one.

I heard fans are being paid $15 to go + $5 food voucher. The season has been over for CBJ, the Isles season ended a couple of weeks ago when they lost the home-and-home against Toronto. Meaningless game

Hopefully the actually CBJ fans will chime in, but seeing as I see most of my NHL games in Columbus these days I can take a stab at it.

The stadium is very easy to get to. It's not far from where I-71 and I-70 meet in downtown Columbus, great regardless of what direction you're coming from.

The arena district is great - tons of parking. I don't remember the prices, but I never felt they were overly ridiculous. There's tons of small lots if you want to save some $$ and walk a bit or there's a couple really big garages right across from the arena.

As for food, it's great - there are a ton of good bars/restaurants around the arena. Nothing more than a block or so a way, but most literally right across the street.

I really think you'll have a great time (regardless of the outcome of the game). Columbus has done well as a city supporting the arena and building the whole area up around it.

My parents live about 2 hours north in Akron, but I still have yet to make it to a Jackets game. I heading opt for heading east and watching the Pens instead. Still, definitely planning on making it down one'a these days!

We're going to be at my wife's parents house in Mansfield, Ohio for Easter so I descided to go see a game in another city. Just bought tickets to the Blue Jackets game against the Islanders on Saturday April 7th. Tickets are in section 104 row H, about 6 rows behind the Islanders bench. Couple of questions...

1. Is the stadium pretty easy to get to?

2. Is there parking close by the stadium? How much should I expect to pay for parking?

3. Any suggestions for a decent place to eat near the stadium that's not fast food and that won't break the bank.

Thanks for any help.

You'll like those seats fine.

Very easy to get to Nationwide. There's some construction, but you can get there rather easily from 71 or 670. I don't usually come from that direction, so I can't say for sure what the best route would be, but I would think taking 71S to 670W to Neil Ave exit would be the best way if it's all open.

parking is usually $10 in any of the nearby garages.

South of the arena, you have BD's Mongolian BBQ, Boston Pizza (they have more than Pizza) and Ted's Montana Grill (burgers, even buffalo burgers). In the plaza just east of the arena there are several places of varying cost...gordon biersch is a brewhouse type place, but seems a little overly expensive to me. Be sure to check out R-Bar, the best hockey bar around. Go early if you want to eat anywhere. Weekend games can pack the restaurants in the hours leading up to the game and it may take you until close to puck drop to get a table even if you go 1.5 hours early.

For the jokesters talking about tickets, you'd be surprised at our attendance. Few other fanbases would still average 14k in an arena to watch a last place team that's never won anything.

If you decide to try to get a Columbus jersey while there, check out the game worn booth where some older game issued stuff can be had for $95 or so. Certainly no name players and it's all edge 1.0, but it still beats a replica or authentic, IMO.

You'll like those seats fine.

Very easy to get to Nationwide. There's some construction, but you can get there rather easily from 71 or 670. I don't usually come from that direction, so I can't say for sure what the best route would be, but I would think taking 71S to 670W to Neil Ave exit would be the best way if it's all open.

parking is usually $10 in any of the nearby garages.

South of the arena, you have BD's Mongolian BBQ, Boston Pizza (they have more than Pizza) and Ted's Montana Grill (burgers, even buffalo burgers). In the plaza just east of the arena there are several places of varying cost...gordon biersch is a brewhouse type place, but seems a little overly expensive to me. Be sure to check out R-Bar, the best hockey bar around. Go early if you want to eat anywhere. Weekend games can pack the restaurants in the hours leading up to the game and it may take you until close to puck drop to get a table even if you go 1.5 hours early.

For the jokesters talking about tickets, you'd be surprised at our attendance. Few other fanbases would still average 14k in an arena to watch a last place team that's never won anything.

If you decide to try to get a Columbus jersey while there, check out the game worn booth where some older game issued stuff can be had for $95 or so. Certainly no name players and it's all edge 1.0, but it still beats a replica or authentic, IMO.

Thanks wooten. I will deffinantly be checking out the game worn booth.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else going to the game? I don't own a Blue Jackets jersey yet so I'll be wearing an Islanders jersey to the game.

Very nice jersey choice Kren, have a lot of fun! But remember, Let's Go Jackets! :thumbsup: (We actually want the Isles to lose in OT)

Had a great time at the game. It was good to see Nash score what was probably his last goal for Columbus. Too bad the Islanders didn't play a better game though. Cam Atkinson looks like he's going to be a very good player.