Jeff Carter to LA

ic0dex

Did LA make the right chose on giving up Jack Johnson for Jeff Carter?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012-02-23/jeff-carter-trade/53228380/1

No they did not. That team reeks of desperation.

CBJ wins. Now lets trade Jack Johnson to the NYI!

Yeah, for JT. Huge overpay for Carter UNLESS him and Richards connect like they did in Philly. I doubt that happens though.

Yeah, for JT. Huge overpay for Carter UNLESS him and Richards connect like they did in Philly. I doubt that happens though.

They never actually connected in Philly together. For the most part, they were separated.

One could argue that Richards played some bad hockey when partnered with Carter, especially in the Cup Finals. It was no coincidence that when Carter came back in the aforementioned playoff run, Richards' play decreased significantly.

The funny part is a Michigan alumni going to Buckeye territory.

Being a Kings fan I can tell you the move was definitely made out of desperation, an attempt for Deano to keep his job

and a knee jerk reaction to the entire team minus Quick having a horrible season.

Bottom line is if Carter and Richards can come back to form, not necessarily together, it will be a good move.

The Kings have a couple of defensemen in the pipeline, namely Slava Voynov, whom people thought could've replaced

Doughty had he not signed. The first round pick will most likely amount to little.

I think LA made a mistake on this one

No we needed a change and this is good. I think Darryl Sutter can and will make something happen with the team at least get us to the playoffs.

The Kings have a couple of defensemen in the pipeline, namely Slava Voynov, whom people thought could've replaced

The Kings have amazing defense prospects. They are one of the few teams that could afford to trade a top-4 dman

I really don't know what to think here. For some reason, players come to LA and their offense dies. When they're traded away, their numbers suddenly go back up. If Carter scores 30 a year in our system, I'll consider that a friggin' miracle.

I really don't know what to think here. For some reason, players come to LA and their offense dies. When they're traded away, their numbers suddenly go back up. If Carter scores 30 a year in our system, I'll consider that a friggin' miracle.

I think that was the point of the trade, to bring Carter to LA where he has the players around him to reinvigorate his ability to score 30+ goals per year. Management must have seen that because they gave up A LOT (as I pointed out above) to get him. Now that he's reunited with Mike Richards and around players who can score, Carter has all the opportunity in the world to reach that potential, and to thrive in LA.

IMO LA gave up a lot to get Carter. Only if he pans out does this trade "even out", in my opinion. Time will tell.

Don't want to start a new thread on this, but PuckDaddy and others are now talking about how LA acquiring Carter has a ripple effect on other potential trades. First it would seem that the Kings *may* now be out of the running for Nash (they were previously listed as a top contender) and also it seems perhaps Dustin Brown is available from the Kings.

I'm now wondering if the Rangers shouldn't be going after Brown, and if the Kings deal him do they have anything to still go after Nash?

If Gretzky couldn't get us a CUP I don't think anyone will. I feel like my team is going to go down in history as the team that broke superstars. Carter had a broken leg so he's going to play a few games and be injured for the next 3 year collecting his pay.

Don't want to start a new thread on this, but PuckDaddy and others are now talking about how LA acquiring Carter has a ripple effect on other potential trades. First it would seem that the Kings *may* now be out of the running for Nash (they were previously listed as a top contender) and also it seems perhaps Dustin Brown is available from the Kings.

I'm now wondering if the Rangers shouldn't be going after Brown, and if the Kings deal him do they have anything to still go after Nash?

Bob Mckenzie tweeted earlier that to him, the players dont like Brown as a captain and he believes it's only a matter of time until Richards is the captain.

For LA's sake, I really hope this Carter trade and potentially giving the C to Richards doesn't come back to bite them in the ######. Regardless of what Holmgren said about the reasons for trading the two, there was an obvious problem with the two. Reuniting them definitely opens up the possibilities of similar problems resurfacing.

Bob Mckenzie tweeted earlier that to him, the players dont like Brown as a captain and he believes it's only a matter of time until Richards is the captain.

For LA's sake, I really hope this Carter trade and potentially giving the C to Richards doesn't come back to bite them in the ######. Regardless of what Holmgren said about the reasons for trading the two, there was an obvious problem with the two. Reuniting them definitely opens up the possibilities of similar problems resurfacing.

Focus on the important things here. Who do you think throws the better parties?

This guy:

vg3aeg.jpg

Or these guys:

346mhs7.jpg

LMAO!

Maybe, and no. The Kings definitely do not have enough to get Nash if they trade Brown, and the Rangers should only make a move under the right circumstances, I.E keeping the core intact. If they could manage to give up Kreider, another prospect or two and a pick and pry him away, sure, do it. I don't think he's worth as much as Nash, but I also don't think Nash is worth his asking price.

Men I want to party with them :). We had corner glass seat about a month ago and my causin and I we were screaming Richards lets get drunk! I bet he heard us and said aw men I miss partying with Carter and here you go the party's continue. I'll find out to which bars they go and I'll be right there with a big bottle of Hennessy.