Jeff Carter to LA

ic0dex

Tough anytime you trade a young top caliber defence man like Johnson, i get the feeling Colomubus won the trade because Johnson will be playing in the nhl for the next 10-12 years and will likely be #1 d-man on the Jackets playing all the PP time and getting big minutes.

If that #1 pick amounts to anything then they will obviously have trade raped the Kings who like many have said made this deal out of sheer desperation (which does not work well most of the time)

Maybe, and no. The Kings definitely do not have enough to get Nash if they trade Brown, and the Rangers should only make a move under the right circumstances, I.E keeping the core intact. If they could manage to give up Kreider, another prospect or two and a pick and pry him away, sure, do it. I don't think he's worth as much as Nash, but I also don't think Nash is worth his asking price.

LA doesn't need Nash. They have Brown, Richards, and now Carter. Get Quick to step it up and they should be able to make a playoff push.

CBJ fan here. Loving the trade thus far. JMFJ has been everything advertised and more. I've been a fan of his for awhile and it's still weird to see him out there in union blue. Love the attitude and intensity. Pretty much the exact opposite of Carter.

For Kings fans, I hope it works out for you, but our experience with Carter was less than stellar. Lots of talk about him being a ###### to anyone and everyone, and one telling thing: not one player wished him well or lamented the fact that he was gone. Zero. Every other player that's been dealt has gotten a comment or two and is always very positive, well wishing,etc. Nothing for Carter. The stories that are already coming out are enough to make me feel glad just to be rid of him. Can't wait to let Carter know how much we don't miss him on Thursday :^)

CBJ fan here. Loving the trade thus far. JMFJ has been everything advertised and more. I've been a fan of his for awhile and it's still weird to see him out there in union blue. Love the attitude and intensity. Pretty much the exact opposite of Carter.

For Kings fans, I hope it works out for you, but our experience with Carter was less than stellar. Lots of talk about him being a ###### to anyone and everyone, and one telling thing: not one player wished him well or lamented the fact that he was gone. Zero. Every other player that's been dealt has gotten a comment or two and is always very positive, well wishing,etc. Nothing for Carter. The stories that are already coming out are enough to make me feel glad just to be rid of him. Can't wait to let Carter know how much we don't miss him on Thursday :^)

Yeah, Carter was supposed to be instant offense for Columbus when they acquired him from Philly. Clearly that was not the case. In Philly he was a 30+ goal scorer and I don't think, off the top of my head, that he hit over half of that this season in Columbus.

To date, a smart trade for the Jackets though. They got a decent dman in Johnson AND a 1st round pick... Even if Carter pans out, it's still a good trade for the Jackets because he had the opportunity to play well in Columbus, and he didn't take advantage of it. The chemistry just didn't click.

• 1 month later...

Turned out to be a great trade. Have any Kings fans actually NOTICED Jack Johnson missing? I haven't. Now, call me crazy, but I think we should sign Penner for 1 more year at 1/2 what he is making now. With Gagne back (possibly), we just need to lock Quick up, and we are good for 2013.

Turned out to be a great trade. Have any Kings fans actually NOTICED Jack Johnson missing? I haven't. Now, call me crazy, but I think we should sign Penner for 1 more year at 1/2 what he is making now. With Gagne back (possibly), we just need to lock Quick up, and we are good for 2013.

Dude we don't need panty Penner the guy is no good. we need fighters on our team that are not afraid to get dirty. During game 4 the entire team played like bunch of girls. They need to get physical with the alien brothers and knock them around a bit. We need players like Avery and Lappy.

Avery is more likely to get his own teammates fighting with each other as he is to rile up the other team. He is poison, and if any team wanted him, they could have him for practically nothing.

Penner has been playing soft, but you still have to mark him, and he is a good teammate.

Lappy would be great to have. He managed to get under the other teams skin without making his own teammates hate him.

I have heard a lot of folks saying we are missing Clifford. I can't stand when he is on the ice. Bad penalties, can't clear the zone, and he does these things not at "who cares" times, but at really key parts of a game.

Avery is more likely to get his own teammates fighting with each other as he is to rile up the other team. He is poison, and if any team wanted him, they could have him for practically nothing.

Penner has been playing soft, but you still have to mark him, and he is a good teammate.

Lappy would be great to have. He managed to get under the other teams skin without making his own teammates hate him.

I have heard a lot of folks saying we are missing Clifford. I can't stand when he is on the ice. Bad penalties, can't clear the zone, and he does these things not at "who cares" times, but at really key parts of a game.

Dude I think Clifford is the only true men on our team. I feel like everyone is like a soft ballerina but Clifford gets dirty.