Season Ticket Prices

I agree about when teams build new arenas. I remember for the Penguins, the F balcony section at the old Civic Arena, equivalent to the 400 level, tickets were $35 per seat pre-lockout. Then when they won the Cup they went up to $55. Now at the Consol Center, the upper levels are $75 to $85.

Yikes! :noway:

Only difference is there isn't a bad view at Consol anywhere. You can watch from the concourse pretty easily. SRO at the Igloo you could only watch half of the ice and the seats that were partially behind support beams were a treat as well. They know people are gonna pay the money so they don't bother making it affordable at the new place.

Only difference is there isn't a bad view at Consol anywhere. You can watch from the concourse pretty easily. SRO at the Igloo you could only watch half of the ice and the seats that were partially behind support beams were a treat as well. They know people are gonna pay the money so they don't bother making it affordable at the new place.

Agree about the $. When a team wins fans will pay whatever the asking $ is for tickets, almost no matter how absurd. One of the reasons why the Penguins have that long consecutive sellout streak going. But I sure as heck wouldn't pay $150-$200 to sit in the lower bowl for 3 hours of my life to watch a hockey game....

I can't comment about Consol because I have never been in there. But from what I see on tv I'd agree there is not a bad seat in the house, much like PNC Park. I loved The Igloo though, to me there wasn't a bad seat there (minus SRO).

• 1 month later...