Bands you have seen live

oiler99

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure this isn't a 100% comprehensive list, but these are what I could think of off the top of my head.

Skid Row

Motley Crue

Metallica with Godsmack

Iron Maiden (3 times)

Queensryche

Dream Theater

Coheed and Cambria

Evanescence

Sick Puppies

Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Every year since 2002 - Holiday tradition with the wife)

Dave Koz (Birthday present for wife)

"Weird" Al Yankovic

Megadeth (The list below were all on various tours with Megadeth)

Lamb of God, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill (Gigantour 2)

Volbeat, Lacuna Coil (Gigantour 4)

Slayer

Anthrax

Machine Head, Suicide Silence, Arcanium

2nd row, dead center! (I have other pictures, but this is the only one with the backdrop, Dexter, AND Noodles!)

2012-09-20_22-11-32_893_zps0c1a3742.jpg

Leaving for All American Rejects in about 10 minutes...gonna stop by the Chel store before the show!

MOTLEY CRUE AND KISS TONIGHT! Batteries for the camera are charged and at this point I'm just hoping the weather holds up. This was supposed to be my birthday present but I decided seeing Nightwish ON my birthday was infinitely cooler than seeing Motley Crue and having to find a way to get through KISS without slicing my head off, so I'll be pissed if I get poured on after I shelled out my own ###### hard earned money for tonight.

Anywhere on the Island worth stopping for food? I'm getting tired of Gino's in Great Neck, but that's the only place I know how to get to.

Anywhere on the Island worth stopping for food? I'm getting tired of Gino's in Great Neck, but that's the only place I know how to get to.

Shows are more fun in the rain!!!!

Im not really a fan of the eateries near Jones. What do you want to eat?

MOTLEY CRUE AND KISS TONIGHT! Batteries for the camera are charged and at this point I'm just hoping the weather holds up. This was supposed to be my birthday present but I decided seeing Nightwish ON my birthday was infinitely cooler than seeing Motley Crue and having to find a way to get through KISS without slicing my head off, so I'll be pissed if I get poured on after I shelled out my own ###### hard earned money for tonight.

Saw them on Wednesday night...Great show but could have been a little longer. Crue puts on an amazing lazer show with all the pyro..Kiss always Rocks but after seeing them 6 times you kind of know what to expect.

2341292560106460649UuOLji_th.jpg

Shows are more fun in the rain!!!!

Im not really a fan of the eateries near Jones. What do you want to eat?

I was on the road by the time you posted this. Ended up at old reliable, Gino's makes the best garlic knots ever.

Saw them on Wednesday night...Great show but could have been a little longer. Crue puts on an amazing lazer show with all the pyro..Kiss always Rocks but after seeing them 6 times you kind of know what to expect.

Motley was HORRIBLE tonight, I'm extremely disappointed. Not only did Mick's guitars sound like they were all tuned to the wrong key, but Vince's voice was terrible. KISS was great, and this is coming from someone who isn't a KISS fan, or at least wasn't before tonight. I'm still pissed about Vince sounding like he didn't give a s***. The wind didn't help but to half Arse a show that your fans came out in droves to see is a slap in the face to the people who support them. They were unbelievable last summer with Poison, but after seeing them come out and not even make an effort I wouldn't pay to see them again. Not at the end of a tour anyway.

On top of that, it started pouring halfway through KISS's set and it was coming down in sheets by Rock N Roll All Night.

"KISS was great, and this is coming from someone who isn't a KISS fan, or at least wasn't before tonight"

Yeah, you really dont get true respect from a band until you've seen them live. Sometimes you catch a "dud" show. It's too bad it was raining and that the tour is almost over, maybe that had a lot to due with Crue's set.

I've always said, Being in the "crush" of confetti during "Rock and Roll All Nite" is a must for any fan of rock music. It's got to be the most intense 6-8 minutes of any concert with so much in the way of explosions, visual effects, and the band throwing just about everything including the kitchen sink at you.

Yeah, the confetti was awesome. I loved that. I filled up my 16gb HD memory hard for the first time ever and had to go to my standby 8gb to get the end of the show. It wasn't raining during Motley's set, it started about halfway through KISS and then got real bad during Rock N Roll All Night. Motley flat out half-assed the show like they had no interest in being there and I feel like that's no way to treat your fans. Unless they're playing with someone I absolutely HAVE to see, I won't be seeing them again. I'm very disappointed considering the nosebleeds cost me close to 70 bucks. I think I would see KISS again if they were playing with someone good, because I don't know that I could sit through KISS by themselves.

I'm glad I saw Nightwish last week, because I really enjoyed them and watching the band I really wanted to see put on a terrible show last night would make me feel worse if that was my birthday present. I guess I'll see RUSH for the third time to make up for last night.

Yeah they kicked Arse last summer with Poison, but they were terrible last night. It wasn't even worth the drive to Jones Beach for me, being from Brooklyn. The fact that they were so bad is what made me decide to walk away from the merch stand without buying anything. It wasn't one of those concerts you have to remember and want to tell people you were at, and it definitely wasn't worth a $35 shirt. Nightwish on the other hand was definitely worth a shirt and I wish I had picked one up on the way out, but the line was too long and we were meeting people downtown. I'll have to see about finding a Nightwish tour shirt, and maybe in a month when all the extra Motley merch goes on closeout I'll get one for 10 bucks or something.

I wasn't impressed at all

How was Nikki? I dunno if it was because The Heroin Diaries was recently released, but he went hard at my show.

Nikki sounded alright, he wasn't his usual crazy self but he was ok. They were much better a year ago.

Tomorrow night I Willie seeing Rush...very excited!!!

Let me know how they sound. I'm debating seeing them for a 3rd time, they were ok at MSG last year but great at Jones in '10. The live bluray I have from Cleveland on last year's tour sounded like crap so.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sum 41? Were you even born when they were popular?

It was the 10th anny of "Does This Look Infected" tour. I also posted I saw Megadeth last month and you choose Sum 41 lol? SMH.

Megadeth sucks. I'll never pay to see them again, not after the Hammerstein incident. 4 and a half years later and I still have ringing in my ears from that show.

You listed Loverboy before Led Zeppelin? blink.gif

I've seen more than I can remember, but let's take a stab at some of the more notable ones.

The Clash

U2 (War tour)

Elvis Costello

R. E. M.

Blondie

The Cure

New Order

David Bowie

Bauhaus

James

Midnight Oil

The Pixies

The Fall

Stereolab

Jesus and the Mary Chain

Van Morrison

Devo

Oasis

Radiohead

Violent Femmes

Sinead O'Connor

X

and...

The Electric Light Orchestra - first concert ever back in 1981 or so.

By now nearly everyone has probably seen several of these groups as they have gone on to long careers of filling big arenas, if not stadiums, but many of the ones I have listed were in small clubs or theaters when they were just becoming known, such as The Cure at First Avenue in Minneapolis, which holds about 1,500, or the time I first saw Radiohead, they were the opening act for someone else!

That's an amazing list, Jeff. You ever catch Husker Du back in the early days?