Bands you have seen live

oiler99

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush were awesome as always last night. My highlight? Red Sector A with the added string ensemble and the Neil Peart solo intro.

However, I was the only person in the place with a hockey jersey on... better than being overweight, balding, and in a leather jacket which was the style the majority of the crowd went with. Thought I'd air out my Potvin TBTC. Thankfully it's a replica or I'd have had to have peeled the strap off my back (yes, Scotland has actually been sunny for a change).

fcvij7.jpg

RUSH 6/23 at the beach. 5th or 6th time seeing them I think......

I've seen Rush about 20 times. Hoping to see them again this summer. I just wish they'd severely overhaul their setlist.

True...

Good: You know exactly what you're in for (encores etc.)

Bad: No real reason to see more than 1 show per tour

They have the best song titles too!

The lyrics are great too!

There is a video on YouTube of spoken metal lyrics...look for the I --- Blood one.

One of my best friends is in Suffocation. He's toured with everyone in the death metal genre, and I've met a bunch of interesting people through him. It's funny how the public thinks death metal musicians are always serious. These guys are goddamn hysterical!

Haha wow man that rules. Suffocation are Gods. I've seen them countless times and they absolutely still kill it. Just saw them fairly recently too. Immolation is my all time favorite band but Suffocation is incredible, one of the best ever. And yeah, metal dudes are generally nerds. Been around awhile and have friends in many bands (none like Suffocation though!!) and theyre all dorks haha.

\mm/

Lol. Suffo rules! I grew up on metal, but they're so brutally heavy, I tell Guy that I can't even listen to them. He understands. Most people think metal musicians suck, but I've seen him play every genre of music on guitar and we've jammed a few times. They're actually pretty versatile musicians.

Yeah they are insanely talented. Thats so cool man, I dont even know what to compare it to for others here but I've been listening to that band for 15 years. They are the gold standard of death metal. Thousands of grimey dudes everywhere are beyond jealous you get to jam with someone from Suffocation haha.

Suffocation is effing awesome. They are at the top of the list when it comes to the more modern era of death metal. Though, I consider myself a more classic fan. In the vein of the greats like Possessed, Death(obviously), Carcass, Morbid Angel, Obituary and so many of the old guard.

yes, yes, yes and yes. Suffocation started out in that same era really though, only difference is they're still doing it. Metal is the only thing (besides chicks, duh) I like more than jerseys...

That's absolutely true. Most fans wouldn't consider them in the same class as the older bands though. They never got near the exposure as the rest in the genre did, albeit through no fault of their own.

I've been a big fan of the overseas death metal scene for a while too. Meshuggah, Entombed, In Flames, Darkane, Bolt Thrower, Amon Amarth(!!!!), Dark Tranquillity and all those other great ones I didn't mention.

That's absolutely true. Most fans wouldn't consider them in the same class as the older bands though. They never got near the exposure as the rest in the genre did, albeit through no fault of their own.

I've been a big fan of the overseas death metal scene for a while too. Meshuggah, Entombed, In Flames, Darkane, Bolt Thrower, Amon Amarth(!!!!), Dark Tranquillity and all those other great ones I didn't mention.

One of my favorite bands, Amorphis, is from Finland, but I don't follow too many other heavy bands from that area anymore. A friend of mine got me into them in high school around 1995.

Yeah man, they all rule. Meshuggah is one of my personal favorites too. One of my most prized possesions is this promo vinyl from Meshuggah that came out before their first full length, Contradictions Collapse. It was originally called 'All This Because of Greed' and has this hilarious write up from someone in Germany or Sweden using mediocre English and a 4"x6" glossy of the band. Not sure if it went to record stores or what but goodness is it classic. So old the singer has hair... its just love it.

Back from the Kiss concert in Helsinki. What a show. I was in the front row and Gene Simmons came only a few inches away from me with his truss on Rock And Roll All Night, as did Tommy Thayer! Paul Stanley flew only a foot away from me when they did Love Gun. Setlist was absolutely killer. They have a new Spider stage which looked amazing. Some of the songs on the set included Psycho Circus, War Machine, Shock Me, HEAVEN'S ON FIRE!!! Closing song, Black Diamond, just perfect!

Coming up next Monday: RUSH!

In Flames sucked when I saw them on Gigantour 2008, but so did the rest of the show, including Megadeth. I'm half tempted to see Gigantour this year because Device is on it, and that album is too good to miss hearing live.

Their older stuff is still phenomenal though. Especially Whoracle and The Jester Race. And I love their cover of Eye of the Beholder on Subteranean. Clayman was OKAY but that was definitely the beginning of the end. Their Black Album if you will.