Bands you have seen live

oiler99

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skipped seeing Fleetwood Mac last night because I'm an hour away from the venue and tickets were still ridiculously overpriced 2 hours before showtime. Considering I paid 60 bucks to sit side stage at Prudential Center in May, ,50 feet from the stage, there's no way I was paying north of 80 bucks to sit in the Mezzanine at Jones Beach and have the show suck because of the wind up there. I didn't even bother checking on Rush tickets for tonight, which I kind of regret but they'll be around again.

Still debating between driving to 'Cuse for 3 Doors Down with Halestorm in July followed by Bad Company the next night, or just seeing 3 Doors Down the same night that Bad Company is playing and catching Halestorm in November.

I also skipped Rush at the beach tonight. First time I missed seeing them there in almost 12 years they've played there. Skipped it because I have a game at 9:30 tonight.

Sucks, and I regret it now that my friends are posting pics on Facebook, but I know they will all call me tomorrow and tell me they were once again disappointed in the most repetitive setlist in rock and roll.

It sucks that Rush plays pretty much the exact same set on every tour, especially when Clockwork Angels (which I don't particularly care for anyway) is still new and this is the second leg of the tour to support the album, but they do put on a great show no matter what. I regret not seeing them at Barclays in October, I bet they would have sounded amazing there. I need to save my money for acts I haven't seen multiple times, though.

I would've loved to see Fleetwood again last night simply because they dropped Silver Springs from the set the night I saw them, and that's one of my favorite songs and it turns out they did do it last night. That disappoints me because I'd have loved to hear it live if I could have gotten good seats or even mezzanine seats at a reasonable price, but tickets were just absurd.

Saw Rush at the beach- they actually played a good set with a few rarities:

Grand Designs

Middletown Dreams

Where's My Thing?

The Big Money

(Good if you like that era of Rush which I do)

I've actually never heard any of those songs, but it would have been cool to hear them live and maybe discover something I like that I wouldn't otherwise be familiar with. How were they? When I saw them there in 2010 they were stellar, better than the MSG show 9 months later.

I've actually never heard any of those songs, but it would have been cool to hear them live and maybe discover something I like that I wouldn't otherwise be familiar with. How were they? When I saw them there in 2010 they were stellar, better than the MSG show 9 months later.

They were very good as usual. Geddy's voice isn't as strong so and he has trouble getting some of those high notes but overall it was a good show.

Toto was pretty much like I expected. Great musicians and awesome playing. I just knew the hits, so hearing them was a plus. Too sappy at times, almost made me want to fall asleep.

The hits? All 3 of them? :P

3? They had others besides Africa?

;)

3? They had others besides Africa?

;)

Hold the Line and Rosanna. That's about it.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse in a few weeks.

That should be a GREAT show. Neil Young and Crazy Horse performed at Central Park here in NYC either last summer or the summer before, with Foo Fighters for a charity benefit. It was streamed live on YouTube and they were amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

Black Sabbath tomorrow at PNC. I wish they were playing at Jones Beach though. Anybody from NJ/NYC know anything about the supposed shuttle from Matawan? Not sure I wanna drive, but looking at the NJ Transit schedule, I'm probably better off driving since it's going to take me 4 hours to get home on public transit.

Well, Sabbath KICKED Arse! What show, Ozzy was on tonight and Tommy Clufetos may not be Bill Ward, but he's one hell of a drummer.The boy can play and with 3/4 of the original lineup, they were absolutely worth seeing. For a once-in-a-lifetime thing, I'm happy I saw them. Killer show, but PNC has possibly the worst sight lines ever and I'll never go back for that reason alone unless it's somebody I absolutely have to see. I was in 403, which is the last reserved-seating section before the lawn, and it seemed like the higher up you went, the less you could see, which isn't the case at Jones Beach or any of the arenas in the area.

The video screens were off, which just made it worse, and I could barely see over the sasquatch two rows in front of me. It was a great show regardless, and I recorded the whole thing....well, as much as I could when the a****** in front of me wasn't waving his hands around like he was at a F(&^*** Journey concert. Not a bad drive GOING to PNC, but getting out is impossible because if you're parked on the southbound side of the Parkway, they don't let you get back on the northbound side. You have to go south, pay to get off at the exit, turn around and pay to get back ON going north. Also, teenage girls standing in the road pointing traffic in random directions is NOT traffic control. Never again unless it's AC/DC or something, which would never happen because AC/DC will sell out every arena within 100 miles before they'll play PNC.

Yeah it was one giant clusterfuck trying to leave. They have these incompetent, slutty-looking Jersey girls standing in the street between the free parking lots and the southbound GSP entrance, where there's a crosswalk and these girls are just standing in the middle of the F(&^*** street stopping traffic when there's NOBODY waiting to cross. First of all, Jersey State Police should be directing traffic, not teenage girls. Second of all, why are you stopping traffic to the on ramp when the nearest group of people is still what amounts to a block and a half away?

Considering I was still trying to get back on the Parkway almost an hour after the show ended, I was annoyed and just kept driving, slowly, until they were smart enough to move.

Hmmm, let's see. No specific order.

Dropkick Murphys (5 times)

Big D & The Kids Table (3 times)

Refuse/Resist (4 times)

c*** Sparrer

Teenage Bottlerocket (2 times)

The Lawrence Arms

American Steel

Flatfoot 56 (2 times)

Bad Religion

Frank Turner (3 times counting the show I have tickets for in November)

The Dopamines

Wilco

A Day To Remember

Street Dogs (twice)

The Casualties

Fu Manchu

Alcoa

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists (either 2 or three times)

Weezer

Real Estate

Sigur Ros

Anamanaguchi

The Menzingers

La Dispute

Steve Miller Band

Grabass Charlestons

Everybody Out! (twice)

Flogging Molly

I would kill to see both Neil Young and Against Me!, but my luck keeps going south every time they're around. And my favorite band, Boris. I even had tickets for their last show in Boston, and ended up sans ride.

Just scored some tickets to the Sabbath show next month in LA. It blows my mind to think that I haven't seen them since the Heaven and Hell tour back in 1980 with Ronnie James Dio. Geez, that's a long time ago...

Looks like we're the last stop in North America, but they're continuing on to South America in October and Europe from November to December. I'd be more worried about them. :)

Ah, ok. Didn't know they were continuing the tour past LA. I might go to Gigantour in Jersey on Friday even though I swore off Megadeth after the 2008 Gigantour. Device is playing, I can get great seats on the cheap and my friend is driving, so maybe.

I missed the Neil Young concert because I couldn't book the traveling in time. Hope there is a next time. In September i'm planning to see Brit Floyd (a Pink Floyd tribute band) on 28th.

Paul McCartney

Kiss

Megadeth

Misfits

Skid Row

Alice Cooper

LA Guns

Alice In Chains

Ozzy Osbourne

Tesla

Collective Soul

Nine Inch Nails

Marilyn Manson

Jackyl

Insane Clown Posse (got in for free)

Hayseed Dixie (YouTube them if you've never heard of them)

Soundgarden

ZZ Top

Foghat

Steppenwolf

Nazareth

many others I can't recall at the moment