SVP Sports Sale

HockeyMusic

I really appreciate you guys checking for me. If you ever go back just keep me in mind when it comes to Avs jerseys. I like Avs jerseys.

YOU!?!?

LIKE AVS JERSEY?!??!

NO WAY!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Rangers' 2.0 in a 46? Or 85th anny authentic (patch/retired numbers) in 46?

:glare:

FIGURES... i probably will never see a white Wild 6100 sz 56/58!!

:angry:

I know they have the 6100 white Wild at the Scarborough location since I was there on Sunday

New to these boards, hello! Did anyone see any Penguins legit, real 2.0s at this sale? Looking for a size 46 haha

If you are referring to real 2.0s and not Indo-Edge, which are only team issued, then the smallest would be size 52. There were no Pens 2.0, just Pens 1.0. They did have size 46 but they're long gone.

I really appreciate you guys checking for me. If you ever go back just keep me in mind when it comes to Avs jerseys. I like Avs jerseys.

The Scarborough location does have the 6100 Alternates, and a few white Edge 1.0s. I'm thinking of buying more Avs jerseys myself, 6100s and Edges, in case of future autograph signings. There are just so many guys who wore that jersey that I want to get autographs from.

The Scarborough location does have the 6100 Alternates, and a few white Edge 1.0s. I'm thinking of buying more Avs jerseys myself, 6100s and Edges, in case of future autograph signings. There are just so many guys who wore that jersey that I want to get autographs from.

Just asking. What sizes are available for the 6100 alternates?

Just asking. What sizes are available for the 6100 alternates?

Can't be 100% sure but I'd say there were like 5 or 6 maybe, so probably a few different sizes.

:mellow:

"I know they have the 6100 white Wild at the Scarborough location since I was there on Sunday"

going back anytime soon?

;)

:mellow:

"I know they have the 6100 white Wild at the Scarborough location since I was there on Sunday"

going back anytime soon?

;)

Not sure. I was only there cuz my wife wanted to go to a mall near there. Otherwise, both the Scarborough and Steeles locations are at least a good half hour's drive out of the city.

:noway:

screw it, i give up!

when i put a list together i'll be posting everything for sale.

that's right, ALL my DREGS!

this 'ain't fun anymore!

:wacko:

dibs on any wild stuff ya got

:thumbsup:

:(

don't have any and it seems like nobody "up there" is providing any without jacking up the prices, hence the reason i'm quitting!

:noway:

jacking up the prices? i dont know who youre dealing with but the way i see it is like this.

$60 + canadian sales tax + shipping puts the cost of the jersey above $80 right off the bat. then to not give someone a couple extra bucks to help you out isnt very nice. where else are you gonna find team issued jerseys for these prices? even at $100 is still an amazing deal considering most of this stuff is never available to the public.

jacking up the prices? i dont know who youre dealing with but the way i see it is like this.

$60 + canadian sales tax + shipping puts the cost of the jersey above $80 right off the bat. then to not give someone a couple extra bucks to help you out isnt very nice. where else are you gonna find team issued jerseys for these prices? even at $100 is still an amazing deal considering most of this stuff is never available to the public.

$60 + $7.80 (13% sales tax) + $21 (expedited parcel) = $88.80.

So Brandon is right, $100 is still a fair price.

Bingo.......right there....

No real need to quit the hobby because you didn't get what you wanted (not sure if you were sarcastic or not)

Hey sorry there are none left....I don't know your personal dealing with others about this sale, however keep in mind no one is obligated to do anything. I offered my services because

1. I live about a 5 minute drive from SVP Steeles

2. Give the negative experiences of others and the negativity surrounding it, I wanted to shed some positive light on this board and the members that form it

3. I just wanted to do something nice for others, bottom line. My personal philosophy is that if you can help someone, why not....

4. I would like to think others would do the same for me should someone else encounter a jersey I am looking for. Not saying people owe me, just saying that hopefully karma comes back in a good way to me

I can't speak for everyone, but if others are jacking up prices, then that's them and they will have to deal with reprocussions for not wanting to help others and just profit personally, but they are within their right to do so.

Initially I didn't plan on going to the sale, as I was not interested in anything there.....but I caved and bought a Preds goalie cut....my reward for all this was stumbling on the Stars sz 58 that I wanted......

Ok, I'm going to throw something out there. If you're seriously complaining about getting a deal, just get out and don't ask for help anymore. $60 can EASILY turn into $100. Per The Next One...

-$60 - Price

-$7.80 (13% sales tax)

-$21 (expedited parcel) = $88.80

That's $89 right there. I know if someone's doing me a favor that requires traveling, I'll kick in a few for gas, and let's not forget TIME. Then there are inevitable Paypal fees if someone slips up and doesn't send as a gift, packing supplies, etc. Not to mention if someone's going out of there way for you, don't be friggin' cheap and kick in a few to say "thank you." You realize that kicking $89 -> $100 is barely 10% tip, ignoring all other costs I mentioned.

Jesus. Some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves. If you don't want a deal, don't ask for it. I'd personally be more infuriated if I were the buyer and I LOSE money helping someone out, which frequently happens.

If that jersey is your "Grail" find a way to get the thing. Call the specific retail store location where someone said they saw them. You can ask if they still have it and in what sizes. Make it clear that you are calling from another country trying to get this jersey. Hearing that, they may be more willing to help you out than they would for a local caller.

Then contact one of the guys in the Toronto area to see if he can get it for you. And then, make it worth his while to do you this favor. You cannot realistically expect that someone is going to go through all of the trouble and expense to ship it off to you and only charge you what he paid at the retail store.

At the end of the day, if you get it, you will be so happy you won't even think about the price (which ends up being far less than if you had to battle through an auction).

OK, lets clear a couple things up.

i ordered 2 white Wild 6100's from someone and paid via paypal as a gift.

for the 2 i was charged $155 including shipping, which i was very grateful for and openly thanked them on the forum.

when i recieved the jerseys they weren't 6100's but edge 2.0's.

i stated every time that i messaged them that i HATE edge jerseys and wanted the 6100's.

i have since posted them and sold them on ebay with the starting price of what i paid for them.

since then, myself and a couple others have asked if anyone was going back to the stores and would they mind picking up ones for us.

no one has said they would even though they have gone back after the requests were made on the board.

the only suggestions i recieved while this was going on was that someone would "take them off my hands" if i'd pay the shipping back to GTA or "they'd be happy to get me a couple for $100 each plus shipping"

i don't think that there should be that much of a difference between $155 and $200+ especially when they're going to be in the store shopping anyway...also, spending $$ to send them back to the point of origin isn't worth it in my opinion.

i'm not ungrateful for what the person tried to do for me but they made a mistake and bottom line is that i still don't have what i wanted and ordered / paid for.

as far as shipping goes, i can mail a jersey to Canada 1st class for $11.00 and i don't charge for my time, gas or shipping supplies (i get them free from USPS).

bottom line is that you can go buy jerseys that we in the states and anywhere else except the GTA don't have access to and want.

in this case you had a homefield advantage, so to speak.

you can sell them on ebay and charge whatever you want as they're your jerseys (even if it's double or triple what you paid), and you can think whatever you want about me and my opinions but don't profess to act like everything is right with the world and we can all sit around the campfire singing songs.

in all the mess and as long as this has gone on i have never used anyone's "handle" on here and i won't do it publicly.

it just seems to be that i voice my opinion and get criticized for it when there are others that are unhappy with the way this sale went down and the results they recieved.

that's it.

if you decide to grace me with the honor of your emails and dicussions i'll look forward to it with anticipation.

now that's sarcasm!

:P

Lakotta,

I am not going to get into what exactly happened with your order, but I figured I would let you know information about Canadian shipping.

First off, you stated that you can use First Class to Canada for $11. That is definitely true, but that method takes around 2-3 weeks for an item to arrive. I ordered a jersey from Chicago shipped First Class to Toronto and it took over a month to get here. Second of all, that method has zero tracking.

I know for certain whenever I ship, I wouldn't dare to ship without tracking and insurance just to protect myself. As a result, the cheapest method with tracking when shipping from Canada to the US is Expedited Parcel USA which costs anywhere from $20-$25. Plus, packaging materials. I know in the US, getting USPS boxes is free. We have to pay for our boxes, so add on about 3-4 bucks for a box.

All in all, you're looking at a shipping cost of $23-$28. And if it were me who was shipping some jerseys to some forum members, that's how much it would cost because I would use the method with tracking.

We have methods without tracking which are cheaper, but to avoid getting screwed by someone, I would never go that route

as far as shipping goes, i can mail a jersey to Canada 1st class for $11.00 and i don't charge for my time, gas or shipping supplies (i get them free from USPS).

Let me just say again, I am grateful that the person I asked to pick something up for me actually checked and, unfortunately SVP didnt have what I wanted, but I was ready to pay the $100/jersey

However, Lakotta is partially right. Shipping to the US (from Canada) costs at most $14 for one jersey. If you are going to the store anyway (and picking something up for yourselves), you are not giving up time or gas--since you would have gone anyway. However, like everyone has said, $100 is an excellent price and for the $6 difference, who cares? Throw it in as a tip and be grateful someone helped you.

You should tip someone, which I completely agree with, but don't use the time or gas excuse if you are going to the store anyway. Don't get me wrong--the $100 asking price is fair--but it drives me nuts when I see people asking for money for time/gas. You are doing someone a favor so you should be entitled to a tip, but remember one hand washes the other.

Any Rangers' 2.0 in a 46? Or 85th anny authentic (patch/retired numbers) in 46?

You're not going to find 2.0's in 46. 2.0's are exclusively team-issued, except for the Winter Classic and ASG, but if you're looking for the standard home/away/alternate, you won't find a 2.0 that size. Nobody can wear a 46 over pads in an EDGE cut.

Let me just say again, I am grateful that the person I asked to pick something up for me actually checked and, unfortunately SVP didnt have what I wanted, but I was ready to pay the $100/jersey

However, Lakotta is partially right. Shipping to the US (from Canada) costs at most $14 for one jersey. If you are going to the store anyway (and picking something up for yourselves), you are not giving up time or gas--since you would have gone anyway.

You should tip someone, which I completely agree with, but don't use the time or gas excuse if you are going to the store anyway. Don't get me wrong--the $100 asking price is fair--but it drives me nuts when I see people asking for money for time/gas. You are doing someone a favor so you should be entitled to a tip, but remember one hand washes the other.

That isn't true.

I stated it in a previous post and the Next One did as well.

Shipping is a minimum $21 and can reach upwards of $28 to ship to USA from Canada with tracking.

That isn't true.

I stated it in a previous post and the Next One did as well.

Shipping is a minimum $21 and can reach upwards of $28 to ship to USA from Canada with tracking.

I just looked back and saw your post. I see your point.

I completed a couple of transactions with a Canadian member on here, and that was the price of shipping (I think it was $10.89 b/c they were baseball jerseys, but I don't remember the exact number). I trusted him/he trusted me and accepted a picture of the receipt as proof of mailing.

However, Lakotta is partially right. Shipping to the US (from Canada) costs at most $14 for one jersey. If you are going to the store anyway (and picking something up for yourselves), you are not giving up time or gas--since you would have gone anyway.

$14 shipping would be in some bag that's likely gonna get squished. So what happens when you get the jersey the crest is all messed up? Are you gonna be happy about it? If you want it safe and sound, you have to use expedited parcel, which has tracking, for >$20.

Whether you use gas/time as an excuse, would you not prefer that the seller be upfront about what the cost is? Personally, I charged actual costs plus $10 for my sale. Call the profit a tip or whatever you want, at least it's clear and the seller wouldn't feel ripped off if he was expecting a bigger tip than what he got.